Seymour Freshman

tnfootball4

I wasnt doing anything last monday night so I went and seen the seymour freshman play GP's Jv team and seymour beat them 22-14. Seymour freshman defense looks really good, but there offense really struggles. They scrimmaged Fulton's freshman for more than a hour but got beat and only let them score twice that is one of the best freshman defense in east tennessee. Fulton's Freshman running back jerron brown is the next dennis rogan and he is alredy 5'11 175. He is gone to make a good tailback

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Seymour's freshmen play GP's Jv? What was the reasoning behind that?

GP will not play an EVEN matched game in football, they will only play a younger team. GP middle school varsity played Seymour's middle schools JV. GP will not play Seymour in the regular season because Seymour is a bigger school. Seymour always looks forward to the Sevier Co. VS Seymour game.

GP will not play an EVEN matched game in football, they will only play a younger team. GP middle school varsity played Seymour's middle schools JV. GP will not play Seymour in the regular season because Seymour is a bigger school. Seymour always looks forward to the Sevier Co. VS Seymour game.

That might have something to do with the fact that Seymour enrollment at the beginning of the school year was just shy of 1300 while GP's enrollment is holding steady at 600. Using the logic that logic, every AA school should be required to play a school more than double their size. And I think everyone will agree that's crazy. I would look for GP to be in AA for a long time to come, while Seymour will be joining lovely Region 3 - 4A in two years (with Central, West, and Maryville).

That might have something to do with the fact that Seymour enrollment at the beginning of the school year was just shy of 1300 while GP's enrollment is holding steady at 600. Using the logic that logic, every AA school should be required to play a school more than double their size. And I think everyone will agree that's crazy. I would look for GP to be in AA for a long time to come, while Seymour will be joining lovely Region 3 - 4A in two years (with Central, West, and Maryville).

GP jumped right in to play Pigeon Forge when they were down, which is almost the same size as Seymour. and they played Seymour for forever when Seymour was still bigger than them.

Maryville and West will be moving up within a couple of years after Seymour moves up too though...

GP jumped right in to play Pigeon Forge when they were down, which is almost the same size as Seymour. and they played Seymour for forever when Seymour was still bigger than them.

Maryville and West will be moving up within a couple of years after Seymour moves up too though...

Are you sure about that? Better check enrollment figures. Seymour is quite a bit bigger than PF. Are you sure Maryville is moving up next time or just hoping so. I don't see Maryville on Seymour's schedule. Maryville is more comprable in size to Seymour than GP is any way. Why don't you schedule them? You get better playing better competition don't you. Isn't that how the old saying goes? Step up and grab the bull by the horns and ride him instead of complaining because someone less than half your size isn't playing you.

The Seymour Eagles will look good playing Maryville home and away each year. I believe that they could learn to compete with them under certain circumstances. Seymour is growing much faster than Maryville High. They will be in the same class next time. No doubt after several home and aways with M Rebs, they will long for home.

Are you sure about that? Better check enrollment figures. Seymour is quite a bit bigger than PF. Are you sure Maryville is moving up next time or just hoping so. I don't see Maryville on Seymour's schedule. Maryville is more comprable in size to Seymour than GP is any way. Why don't you schedule them? You get better playing better competition don't you. Isn't that how the old saying goes? Step up and grab the bull by the horns and ride him instead of complaining because someone less than half your size isn't playing you.

Complaining? Show me where I was complaining. I was just saying that GP was our biggest rival for years and then Seymour started to beat them every year and they got scared.

And if you would check schedules...Seymour has played 3 teams which are bigger than we are. And if youre so into checking figures, check Seymours record. 3-0.

Complaining? Show me where I was complaining. I was just saying that GP was our biggest rival for years and then Seymour started to beat them every year and they got scared.

And if you would check schedules...Seymour has played 3 teams which are bigger than we are. And if youre so into checking figures, check Seymours record. 3-0.

Two things. 1. If I'm not mistaking (which I'm not), beating GP every year consisted of a two year winning streak and one of those games was by the great margin of 6-0. 2. Check the figures, GP is 4-0 which gives them the same exact winning percentage as Seymour unless they calculate that differently down there in South Knoxville.

Sorry I offended you. Your right Seymour has played 3 schools which are bigger. Heritage and South Doyle have 50 or 60 more students than what was projected for Seymour at beginning of school year. Cocke Co. less than that amount. By the way, the nonconference teams Seymour scheduled, including these 3 teams plus SCHS, have an impressive 4 - 8 record so far. Again sorry about using the word "complaining" I guess whining would have been more appropriate. Lets just leave it with congrats on starting 3-0 and the same to GP for starting 4-0. Good luck the rest of the season and lets pray that both teams have an injury free season. Leave the scheduling to the coaches. I'm sure they have good reasons for scheduling who they do or don't. Both coaches have had great careers and deserve that respect.

First of all, GP will only play Seymour's lower teams in both Freshmen AND middle school. Secondly, Seymour's non-conference games, no matter what their records, are only 4A and 5A schools. Thirdly, when Seymour moves to 4A in two years, Maryville is going to move to 5A. At that time, Seymour will more than likely be playing in the northeast region of 4A. I do not know the number, but it will be against schools from Sullivan county and Volunteer and teams like that. Do not bash Seymour because they play 4A and 5A teams. If GP is as strong as they are supposed to be, then they should not be afraid of anyone. 2A Alcoa plays larger schools. Oh, I forgot. Alcoa is a bad word to people from GP. Sorry.

First of all, GP will only play Seymour's lower teams in both Freshmen AND middle school. Secondly, Seymour's non-conference games, no matter what their records, are only 4A and 5A schools. Thirdly, when Seymour moves to 4A in two years, Maryville is going to move to 5A. At that time, Seymour will more than likely be playing in the northeast region of 4A. I do not know the number, but it will be against schools from Sullivan county and Volunteer and teams like that. Do not bash Seymour because they play 4A and 5A teams. If GP is as strong as they are supposed to be, then they should not be afraid of anyone. 2A Alcoa plays larger schools. Oh, I forgot. Alcoa is a bad word to people from GP. Sorry.

There is no way on this planet that Seymour will be placed in 4A Region 1. Those schools are two hours away geographically and there is an entire region (Region 2) between Seymour and Sullivan Co. If I had a guess, you are a Seymour fan who is hoping not to get stuck in a region with Maryville, Central, West, and Powell. You must also remember that the new Grangier Co. HS will be open in 2008 and will possibly be placed in 4A. My guess is that they would be placed in Region 2 before Seymour. The most likely cenerio would have Halls, which using the estimates given by the Sevier Co. School Board and TSSAA has 150 fewer students than Seymour, move to Region 1 3A and Seymour would take their spot in Region 3.

And for Maryville, its somewhat unlikely that they will move to 5A. They have actually had a 3.3% decrease in enrollement since the last realignment period. You must also remember that Maryville does not have to accept any students from outside the city limits. All they have to do is not allow any incoming freshman that are zoned for William Blount or Heritage.

You must not have looked at GP's schedule lately. They have 4 nonconfernce games against larger 3A schools. Say what you will about the quality of these opponents. Their talent is relatively similar to the talent those 4A and 5A schools Seymour is playing.