NET

pujo

You are right on the playoffs after the move up to 4A in 2000 I believe. Have made it the last 2 years and that is it. If you go back to early times though that is totally incorrect when we played 2A and there were only 3 A's. Won the region several years, 4 in a row at one point and lost to the eventual state champion twice in the final 8. 6-0 to Knox Rule and lost on a hail mary to get beat by Alcoa. Could have won either of those years. There is actually a good tradition at JC of winning but it took some bigtime adjustments moving up from 2A to 4A. Maybe just maybe we can get South (I am sure you would like that) and then it would really open this thing up. It would take a great game but it isnt out of the realm of possibility.

To be honest with you??¦I??™m counting on JC being the needle that busts the VERY LARGE bubble South is riding on. Definitely not out of the question??¦although Phillips is a LARGE drink of water for any team to deal with. One can only imagine what DB could have done with four years of service from Phillips. That recipie would have no doubt spelled State Championship at least one out of the four. I??™m sure it??™s crossed his mind.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it has become evident that whoever does these rankings don't keep up with Highschool football in this area. I know alot of you people don't like hearing about Hampton, whicth Ireally don't understand why.. The are a solid football team and should be in at least top 5. The proof these people are blind is this, Preseason rankings has Johnson Co at 5, Hampton wears um out but they don't seem to notice, then a week or two later, Elizabethton is at 10, JohnsonCo lays it on um. Now They have Davy Crockett at 10th and Hampton killed them several times before the season started. They have Danial Boone at second and they beat South Greene by 21, Unicoi beat the same team by 19. But It really makes no difference, But if Iwere Hampton I would have a chip on my shoulder.

iF any of the Hampton people reads this, there are alot of people in this area who knows what kind of team you are. people who keeps up with this knows you are one of the very best around here. I believe I'd remember these rankings come Friday night. Iknow what you are, you guys just need to wake these people up. GET REAL

You want to get ranked high in this poll????? Just have some of your Hampton business people start pouring advertising dollars into the publication putting out the poll. Most of the advertisers are in Kingsport and it spreads out from there. Follow the $$$$....

Well it has become evident that whoever does these rankings don't keep up with Highschool football in this area. I know alot of you people don't like hearing about Hampton, whicth Ireally don't understand why.. The are a solid football team and should be in at least top 5. The proof these people are blind is this, Preseason rankings has Johnson Co at 5, Hampton wears um out but they don't seem to notice, then a week or two later, Elizabethton is at 10, JohnsonCo lays it on um. Now They have Davy Crockett at 10th and Hampton killed them several times before the season started. They have Danial Boone at second and they beat South Greene by 21, Unicoi beat the same team by 19. But It really makes no difference, But if Iwere Hampton I would have a chip on my shoulder.

iF any of the Hampton people reads this, there are alot of people in this area who knows what kind of team you are. people who keeps up with this knows you are one of the very best around here. I believe I'd remember these rankings come Friday night. Iknow what you are, you guys just need to wake these people up. GET REAL

To be honest with you??¦I??™m counting on JC being the needle that busts the VERY LARGE bubble South is riding on. Definitely not out of the question??¦although Phillips is a LARGE drink of water for any team to deal with. One can only imagine what DB could have done with four years of service from Phillips. That recipie would have no doubt spelled State Championship at least one out of the four. I??™m sure it??™s crossed his mind.

You are right on with both points about Phillips. I think if anyone can manage to hold him to under 125 yards total for a game they will be right there. I am sure they have good players at other positions but I for sure would do whatever I had to do to keep him from beating you individually. Stopping him is a LARGE drink as you said.

You people crack me up. Whether advertising dollars go into the poll or not, the poll is flawed. It is also rather humorous that you all are worried about win/loss records in the third week. Dobyns Bennett, for example, is 1-2. It just so happens they beat current #5 Tennessee High at the Stone Castle (a few big plays away or not). The fact of the matter, if you lose, you lose. Dobyns Bennett has now lost to then #9 William Blount 24-14 and #7 Knox Bearden 8-7, in the AP 5A poll. This week, we take on #2 Oak Ridge. We will give you the fact that we lost, cant deny it and we know why we lost. No excuses here. After the effort our boys have put into these past two games, to be ranked 3rd, behind Daniel Boone, is an insult. No disrespect to Daniel Boone or Sullivan South, but neither Science Hill/Unicoi County/Greeneville or South Greene/Greeneville/Sullivan Central are anywhere along the caliber of William Blount/Knox Bearden/Oak Ridge. I understand, alot of that has to do with scheduling difficulties, classifications, and travel expenses. However, Sullivan South, I'll give you your due. Everybody else, take a back seat. As Cap1 said, until you schedule these teams and win, 1A, 2A, and 3A schools have a hard time claiming anything. Kingsport dominates the poll. Deal with it.

I have to add??¦that IN this area beating Johnson County made a statement, at least to me it did. I don??™t look at Johnson County as a slacker team by any mean, and completely expected them to dominate Betsy. They could easily be the third best team in the MLC. It??™s not so much that Hampton beat JC but how bad they beat them that shows they deserve a spot in the top ten. In fact this is my pole.

1. South

2. DB

3. MoEast

4. THS

5. MoWest

6. SH

7. Boone

8. Hampton

9. Greeneville

10. Johnson County

Pretty good job on this one, Cap. I wouldn't change a whole lot. Not sure why MoWest is still so high, I might have had them a little lower, but otherwise, I can't disagree much.

Pretty good job on this one, Cap. I wouldn't change a whole lot. Not sure why MoWest is still so high, I might have had them a little lower, but otherwise, I can't disagree much.

The reasoning behind my pole is??¦if all the teams in NET lined up as of their performances to date, this is how I see the chips falling. But if you take in account their records to date??¦neither MoWest nor DB should be ranked that high. JuMO !!(just my opinion).