NET

pujo

Well it has become evident that whoever does these rankings don't keep up with Highschool football in this area. I know alot of you people don't like hearing about Hampton, whicth Ireally don't understand why.. The are a solid football team and should be in at least top 5. The proof these people are blind is this, Preseason rankings has Johnson Co at 5, Hampton wears um out but they don't seem to notice, then a week or two later, Elizabethton is at 10, JohnsonCo lays it on um. Now They have Davy Crockett at 10th and Hampton killed them several times before the season started. They have Danial Boone at second and they beat South Greene by 21, Unicoi beat the same team by 19. But It really makes no difference, But if Iwere Hampton I would have a chip on my shoulder.

iF any of the Hampton people reads this, there are alot of people in this area who knows what kind of team you are. people who keeps up with this knows you are one of the very best around here. I believe I'd remember these rankings come Friday night. Iknow what you are, you guys just need to wake these people up. GET REAL

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might could see it if Hampton just popped out of nowhere, been to the 4th round of the playoffs two years straight. Only lost two regular season games the last two years and should have won both of them. They outgained Johnson Co by a bunch both times.

Totally a joke for the most part. I agree with South and TN High deserving top 5 but that is about it. I am totally shocked that they give DC this much credit. They got beat didnt they? And they give them credit for beating North. That would be like giving Hampton credit for beating Jelico. I cant believe they even mentioned that. I guess West, DB, etc. live off the past and I cant say for sure exactly how everyone else will stack up until the games are played but TN High could have easily beaten DB with a few breaks. I guess the key is to lose and have the right name on you jersey. I will say that Hampton gets no respect from them. 7 out of 10 teams are 500 or below. Sounds kind of subjective to me. They need to at least do it based on facts after the first 3 weeks. I can see the preseason and even the first week being a little off but not after at least a couple of games are under peoples belts. They ranked Besty for beating Happy Valley for the name I am sure. This will sound offensive to some but they seem to not take into consideration who you play for the most part. Sullivan North and Happy Valley wins do not stack up against beating JC who beat Besty, etc in Hamptons case. Time will tell as the season progresses but as of this week this poll is way off base. Hampton you are in a no win situation after you play JC. If you didnt get any respect after that week you wont unless JC can really turn some heads. But based on what they said, if we do beat South I guess we go to number one and you still cant pass us in the polls???? These guys are super smart I tell ya!!!

You know??¦.I for one am sick of hearing about how ???Great??? Hampton is. My thoughts on Hampton is...MOVE UP OR SHUT UP!!! Quit telling the state how good you are??¦move up and prove it! Although you think you have built a reputation for yourself obviously it hasn??™t drawn the attention of the ???Big Dawgs??? in the NET or they would put you on their schedule. So keep barking if you want??¦as long as you stay off the porch you should be alright.

You know??¦.I for one am sick of hearing about how ???Great??? Hampton is. My thoughts on Hampton is...MOVE UP OR SHUT UP!!! Quit telling the state how good you are??¦move up and prove it! Although you think you have built a reputation for yourself obviously it hasn??™t drawn the attention of the ???Big Dawgs??? in the NET or they would put you on their schedule. So keep barking if you want??¦as long as you stay off the porch you should be alright.

Don't make any difference how sick you are, don't make no difference what class they are in, the polls should go by what teams do what. They deserve a ranking,and you and everyone else knows it. Ask the people who have saw them, I'm sure they will give them a thumbs up.

I dont understand where you are coming from Cap. TN High has played the schedule to be in the top 5 even with the loss but I dont understand your reasoning on Hampton moving up. Are you saying that DC and SH should be ahead of them based on the only data we can use which is trying to tie opponents together? I get tired of hearing alot of the crap on here myself but I try to weed out the garbage and base it on what I see happening each week. I dont think Hampton should be number 1 or anything like that but I do think they deserve to be top 10. South, DB, TN High, Boone, etc. may all be better than them but all we will have to base it on is the Johnson County game and how they do or dont do go forward. It is just a poll but I am trying to look at it based on strenght of schedule, etc to this point when class is not considered. Keep in mind that my opinion is that this is probably the last year of Hamptons run (much like Cloudland a few years back). They may still be ok but trust me this is their best team of the last three years.

Don't make any difference how sick you are, don't make no difference what class they are in, the polls should go by what teams do what. They deserve a ranking,and you and everyone else knows it. Ask the people who have saw them, I'm sure they will give them a thumbs up.

I can??™t disagree with you on any point. I??™m speaking to the one??™s that come on and say Hampton is the best team in NET??¦no amount of reasoning can make that a true statement. Beating Johnson County doesn??™t make a hill of beans to people outside our immediate area because nobody knows who Johnson County is. If I??™m not mistaken they haven??™t even made the playoffs more than one or two times in school history??¦if that. To be honest beating Elizabethton made more of a statement to the rest of the state. If you want to make a name for yourself and get recognized beat THS, DB, or MoWest??¦and in recent years South; then you would have earned the respect. It??™s not your fault??¦but you could be the best 1A program in the state, and most of the 4A and 5A community would still laugh until you take one of their respected teams down. Sorry??¦but that??™s just the way it is.

I have to add??¦that IN this area beating Johnson County made a statement, at least to me it did. I don??™t look at Johnson County as a slacker team by any mean, and completely expected them to dominate Betsy. They could easily be the third best team in the MLC. It??™s not so much that Hampton beat JC but how bad they beat them that shows they deserve a spot in the top ten. In fact this is my pole.

1. South

2. DB

3. MoEast

4. THS

5. MoWest

6. SH

7. Boone

8. Hampton

9. Greeneville

10. Johnson County

I can??™t disagree with you on any point. I??™m speaking to the one??™s that come on and say Hampton is the best team in NET??¦no amount of reasoning can make that a true statement. Beating Johnson County doesn??™t make a hill of beans to people outside our immediate area because nobody knows who Johnson County is. If I??™m not mistaken they haven??™t even made the playoffs more than one or two times in school history??¦if that. To be honest beating Elizabethton made more of a statement to the rest of the state. If you want to make a name for yourself and get recognized beat THS, DB, or MoWest??¦and in recent years South; then you would have earned the respect. It??™s not your fault??¦but you could be the best 1A program in the state, and most of the 4A and 5A community would still laugh until you take one of their respected teams down. Sorry??¦but that??™s just the way it is.

You are right on the playoffs after the move up to 4A in 2000 I believe. Have made it the last 2 years and that is it. If you go back to early times though that is totally incorrect when we played 2A and there were only 3 A's. Won the region several years, 4 in a row at one point and lost to the eventual state champion twice in the final 8. 6-0 to Knox Rule and lost on a hail mary to get beat by Alcoa. Could have won either of those years. There is actually a good tradition at JC of winning but it took some bigtime adjustments moving up from 2A to 4A. Maybe just maybe we can get South (I am sure you would like that) and then it would really open this thing up. It would take a great game but it isnt out of the realm of possibility.

I have to add??¦that IN this area beating Johnson County made a statement, at least to me it did. I don??™t look at Johnson County as a slacker team by any mean, and completely expected them to dominate Betsy. They could easily be the third best team in the MLC. It??™s not so much that Hampton beat JC but how bad they beat them that shows they deserve a spot in the top ten. In fact this is my pole.

1. South

2. DB

3. MoEast

4. THS

5. MoWest

6. SH

7. Boone

8. Hampton

9. Greeneville

10. Johnson County

Your's is for sure a lot better. I personally will not toot JC's horn again for anything like this until they win a big game. Besty in my opinion is better than people (especially their own fans) are giving them credit for but they are not a gauge in the MLC this year. I still think they may sneak in at the 4 spot if they stay positive and dont get down.

1. South

2. DB

3. MoEast

4. THS

5. MoWest

6. SH

7. Boone

8. Hampton

9. Greeneville

10. Johnson County

One last thing Cap, you seen North and that is what kind of set me off. Could you believe they used them as a positive win when ranking DC? A win is a win but unless I am grossly mistaken that win proved absoutely nothing as justification for a ranking. The loss to MOEast proved a lot more.