ATTENTION:SCOTT VS. TAFT YOUTH CENTER

swest23

By the way AC has not seen a playoff game in years. Kingston had a first in a while last year. Those are more legitimate teams than the non-region games scheduled.

Well 1st of all scott dont play oneida and there non reigion schedule might be a little weak but they do play AC, AE, Catholic, Fulton, and Kingston. They are all very good teams and yes i do to believe that scott is alot better this year than they were last. I say scott by 35.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you saying that because they are in a tough region they should play and schedule cake walk teams for non-region games?

I'm saying that it's ludicrous to suggest they aren't playing anybody or that they are any better or worse simply because of their non-region slate of games. When the season is said and done, Scott playing Taft isn't going to amount to a hill of beans as far as determining what kind of team they have. If they beat a couple of region teams during the rest of the season, they'll be considered as having a pretty decent team. If they pull an upset or two, they'll be considered as having a pretty good team. If they lose six straight, they'll be considered as being pretty weak, and whether they played Taft, Carter, Seymour, Alcoa, Maryville or Podunk High early in the season isn't going to make any difference in that regard.

The bottom line is that who they play is the coaches' business; it isn't LeonardsLosers' business or WrittenWord's business.

You're always going to find a reason to have a problem with this school, whether it be the schools they're scheduling or something they say or what happens on the field on any given Friday night.

I'm saying that it's ludicrous to suggest they aren't playing anybody or that they are any better or worse simply because of their non-region slate of games. When the season is said and done, Scott playing Taft isn't going to amount to a hill of beans as far as determining what kind of team they have. If they beat a couple of region teams during the rest of the season, they'll be considered as having a pretty decent team. If they pull an upset or two, they'll be considered as having a pretty good team. If they lose six straight, they'll be considered as being pretty weak, and whether they played Taft, Carter, Seymour, Alcoa, Maryville or Podunk High early in the season isn't going to make any difference in that regard.

The bottom line is that who they play is the coaches' business; it isn't LeonardsLosers' business or WrittenWord's business.

You're always going to find a reason to have a problem with this school, whether it be the schools they're scheduling or something they say or what happens on the field on any given Friday night.

In that case why cry over being in the region they are in. The schools they play are 3A schools. If you contend that you can play with every other region except for 2-3A then why don't you play more competitive schools? To get the regions changed and split the big three up, you will have to show that every other team other than those three can play together. If Scott would just say we play those teams because we want some wins on our record instead of maybe's or losses. I could buy into that statement, but the past three years the same old ones complain how weak 1-3A is and how Scott and everybody else could win that region. Everybody knows that 1-3A is weaker than 2-3A. So is every other 3A region. I have to admit that below Carter and Seymour the region drops off significantly, but when you play Gibbs and barely win it looks really bad on your argument. I know that Scott Co. romped the Eagles and have a much more competitive team this year, but all those bad years haunt the Higlanders.

Your right it is none of our business and the Coach makes the dicision who he schedules, but you also have to remember that this is a open forum. Some times we have to ask if a coach is padding or salvaging his coaching record or is he really trying to make his team better. Of the teams Taft, Carter, Seymour, Alcoa, Maryville, and Poedunk High that you mentioned they all have much more competitive non region games schedule for a reason, to get them better. They have always played a more competitive non region schedule. Of course TAFT is a non TSSAA team so any team they play will be playing up.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

In that case why cry over being in the region they are in. The schools they play are 3A schools. If you contend that you can play with every other region except for 2-3A then why don't you play more competitive schools?

Who is complaining or crying about the region Scott plays in? Who wants to see Region 2 broken up? You're the only one who has injected that argument into this thread.

Your right it is none of our business and the Coach makes the dicision who he schedules, but you also have to remember that this is a open forum.

You're right about that. I guess this being an open forum also gives us the right to make silly statements, such as the following . . .

Some times we have to ask if a coach is padding or salvaging his coaching record or is he really trying to make his team better.

Having had the opportunity to sit down and talk with Coach Gillum a few times, I feel safe saying that his personal coaching record is the least of his concerns. He's very frank about where the program stands and what it has to do to get better. Coach Gillum left the collegiate ranks as offensive coordinator of one of the better offenses in the NAIA to come to this program, so I doubt he's overly concerned with his record.

What is your problem with Scott High School, anyway?

Who is complaining or crying about the region Scott plays in? Who wants to see Region 2 broken up? You're the only one who has injected that argument into this thread.

You're right about that. I guess this being an open forum also gives us the right to make moronic statements, such as the following . . .

We all make moronic statements sometimes don't we.

I'm still waiting on the reason Scott plays the below (way below) average teams they play for their non-region schedule. There is only one reason and one reason only.

For years several Highlanders have made the comment and tried to argue that if Scott Were in region 1-3A they would probably win it. I have never heard LA, Kingston, or AC agrue that point. I do think that two of the four teams have a point, and that two of the four every year would make it, but not all of them.

Scott wins by three TDs. Leonard is right, Scott fans. Seems like a contradiction to take credit for playing the better teams in region, and then complain about being in the region. As far as scheduling, the reality is that the teams that make runs in the playoffs prepare with tough non-region schedules. AE typically plays teams like Webb, Brainard, Red Bank, Howard. Fulton plays Alcoa, Tyner, Oak Ridge. Catholic has Webb, Morristown West, Baylor. Shoot LA had Smith County, who got knocked out by Alcoa, perennial 1A power Trousdale, and, I think Station Camp last year. Gibbs won't get you better, and nor will Taft.

ruse?

We all make moronic statements sometimes don't we.

I'm still waiting on the reason Scott plays the below (way below) average teams they play for their non-region schedule. There is only one reason and one reason only.

For years several Highlanders have made the comment and tried to argue that if Scott Were in region 1-3A they would probably win it. I have never heard LA, Kingston, or AC agrue that point. I do think that two of the four teams have a point, and that two of the four every year would make it, but not all of them.

What is your problem with Scott high ? I don`t know what was said in past years but Ive not seen

anything on here where any players have made those statements. I know this those coachs and players are doing there best each and every day to get better. These kids have to travel many miles during the summer

to get to work outs and to get home from practice it puts a hardship on the kids and parents most of our kids can`t walk back and for alot of them its travel time of 30 mints to 45 mints . you talk about our weak schedule well there are 8 pretty tough teams in this region so thats 7 tough games not to mention the big three so don`t talk about weak schedule. sounds like you just don`t like Scott co. I hope you know as much about the team you support as you think you know about Scott. :

Scott wins by three TDs. Leonard is right, Scott fans. Seems like a contradiction to take credit for playing the better teams in region, and then complain about being in the region. As far as scheduling, the reality is that the teams that make runs in the playoffs prepare with tough non-region schedules. AE typically plays teams like Webb, Brainard, Red Bank, Howard. Fulton plays Alcoa, Tyner, Oak Ridge. Catholic has Webb, Morristown West, Baylor. Shoot LA had Smith County, who got knocked out by Alcoa, perennial 1A power Trousdale, and, I think Station Camp last year. Gibbs won't get you better, and nor will Taft.

ruse?

Hey ruse who is taking credit for playing tougher teams on here? who is saying Scott is in ther same company as the big three? bye the way did`nt Gibbs make the playoffs from that region last year?