ATTENTION:SCOTT VS. TAFT YOUTH CENTER

swest23

I don't think you are getting my point or ruse? point. Apparently you have not read much of all2001state's comments earlier in the year. As well as a few more. Gibbs did make the playoffs somehow, but I don't consider them a team that would up your schedule.

Well how do you know allstate is from Scott high ? I see he likes to post about alot of teams and seems like he likes to get stuff going a lot of time who said he was Scott highs spokesman. I played at Scott my kid plays at Scott unless you have a kid that plays at Scott or you have something at stake here at Scott stop worrying about our schedule. I just get the feeling you have something against Scott you always have something bad to say about a team that has nothing to do with you.we have good kids that work hard we have a good coaching staff that works hard we are all trying to get better to build a team rome was`nt build in a day give these coaches some time then maybe they can start getting some so called stronger non- region games till then we will play the games we have and the kids and coaches will do the best with what they have.

GO SCOTT !

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott played Wartburg and Gibbs as their two non-region games. These two teams are a combined 1-4, and sadly yes, Gibbs and Union Co. are pretty close to terrible, sunshine. I agree with WrittenWord that the region schedule for Scott is a pretty tough guantlet, so a few creampuffs are a nice way to start. I have never been sold on the idea of playing a supremely better opponent to prepare a team for the offseason, more times than not playing a much better team can lead to injuries and a loss of morale if the beating was too bad. I think that as long as a team does not start having dilusions of granduer..."we beat Wartburg and Gibbs 85-9, we can beat Maryville, UT, the Indianapolis Colts", beating a couple of lesser teams can boost confidence and give a good look at how the team handles success and maybe see what kind of depth you have. I truely wish the best for Scott this fall, I have said in other posts that I think that this team could suprise the big 3 in Region 2 and take maybe a 3rd spot for the playoffs. P.S. seriously, could you not find someone other than Taft Youth Center to play, I mean, even playing an 0-10 1A school is better than a team not recognized by TSSAA. Scott by many, many points.

Guys I'm going to speak on this as a former player and i know the guys now feel the same way. We hate playing TAFT, it''s no fun, you never know who will play or what to expect, we hate seeing kids that thrown their life away because it used to depress the crap out of me. Don't rag on the players or coaches, they don't want to play them either and I know Gillum will have it changed very soon. I agree they need to play tougher teams to get better, but leave it for scrimmages. Last year we scrimmaged chattanooga tyner and it was 5-3 in favor of tyner. They jumped up by 3 td, but when the team loosened up and starting playing ball, it was the best thing for us. Most of these kids have never faced that type of speed before last year, and yes I know the scores show it. Scott will win big and watch for them to keep it close with A-E. I know it's said every year, but Just watch.

well well dont we have a bitter quarrel starting to emerge out of a simple question........all i was wanted to know is who did you think was going to win but now that we have such a heated topic going back and forth between everyone.......how do you guys feel about scott high's inability to make the playoffs in years???

The coaching staff had the option of changing the schedule prior to this year. They chose not to. I am not at all saying go load up and play Maryville, but play a team that will give you some type of work.

Scott Co. by alot.

WrittenWord-It is years like this that the schedule hurts Scott Co. They have a pretty good football team that could play with some pretty good teams this year, but have a weak non-conference schedule that makes them seem below average. They could play and would beat alot of teams, but there non conference schedule does not show for that. Good luck to the Highlanders.

They might beat one of the big three, but I doubt it. Just think if they only lost to the big three, and beat everyone else along with some better non region games there would be a much better argument of how good Scott Co. is. Believe me I want Scott Co. to win.

The coaching staff had the option of changing the schedule prior to this year. They chose not to. I am not at all saying go load up and play Maryville, but play a team that will give you some type of work.

Scott Co. by alot.

WrittenWord-It is years like this that the schedule hurts Scott Co. They have a pretty good football team that could play with some pretty good teams this year, but have a weak non-conference schedule that makes them seem below average. They could play and would beat alot of teams, but there non conference schedule does not show for that. Good luck to the Highlanders.

They might beat one of the big three, but I doubt it. Just think if they only lost to the big three, and beat everyone else along with some better non region games there would be a much better argument of how good Scott Co. is. Believe me I want Scott Co. to win.

I would legitamize that scott's a better team than most people think. Wartburg challenged Scott for a fact, the Gibbs game has became a tradition and rivalry, and I don't understand TAFT really, but I totally agree with what your saying. Last year's non-region was a bit tougher excluding TAFT. Scott should scrimmage some the best teams they can find but not play them in the season because if you lose, then there goes some w's because moral victories don't count when it comes to deciding who goes to the playoffs.

in my opinion.......scott high will not go over .500 this year regardless if they are a better team than they have had in years......they just cant compete with Knox Cath.......Fulton......or A.E.......maybe kingston and maybe l.a. and maybe A.C........it would be nice to see them make the playoffs but the chances are slim to none

in my opinion.......scott high will not go over .500 this year regardless if they are a better team than they have had in years......they just cant compete with Knox Cath.......Fulton......or A.E.......maybe kingston and maybe l.a. and maybe A.C........it would be nice to see them make the playoffs but the chances are slim to none

swest23 is a ###### haha j/k.