Jellico @ Cosby

RockyTop4Life

Coach how is the QB that broke his Collarbone doing. Hope everything goes well with the kid

I think you may have me confused with someone else. Not that I wouldn't be proud to be one of The Eagles staff members, I just don't exactly have what it takes to coach this particular sport.

To try and answer your question, our starting QB didn't have anything broke. He did have some other medical issues that has kept him out of our 1st 4 games. Now if you are asking about the backup QB that got shook up against Cloudland, he is fine. Thanks for your well wishes though.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think 91Landers has used that term on this thread. And that is why some Lander fans just can't pass up the opportunity to post things on a thread about Cosby. It will happen when things get said. Now that being said I'll agree that SOME post just to cause hate and discontent. But isn't that how GREAT rivalrys are started? We love to hate certain teams.That's just the way it is,always has been,and always will be. I for one hated Cosby when I was in school because they kicked our tails in hoops every time we played and since they didn't play football in the late 80's early 90's there was no payback available. Now that that is out, Jellico-27/Cosby-12. Sorry I guess old grudges die hard. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dang it, I missed by 4 pts.

Jellico won this game, much like I anticipated. Pujo if you keep making predictions like this, then you are going to be elevated to legend status. The young lads from Jellico must be getting better this year. This must not have been "The Muffin Bowl" like several people on here talked about. Good job Jellico. This one should drastically help your playoff chances.

all i have to say is this about the game. those young men from jellico grew up tonight. it was 17 versus 11 on the field at any given time against jellico. it was so obvious that jellico was the better team and the refs needed to keep the score close so cosby would feel good about themselves. i remember sitting there and watching the punter take two steps with the ball tucked as a runner and then right when he was going to get hit kicked the ball and got plowed and a roughing the punter was called. i may be misinterpreting the rule but when the kicker takes steps as a runner they are fair game to be hit. another thing that stood out was when number 24 got tackled for a loss and he didn't like it got up and kicked dirt on one of the jellico players and started pointing a finger at the jellico player and hollered to where you could hear it in the stands the f word and the ref just talked to the boy, then later jellico got flagged for using profanity for unsportsmanship conduct (go figure). let's not talk about the pass interference when the cosby player dove for a touchdown catch with a person no closer than 3 to 4 yards away and dropped the ball. i will say that jellico did get away with a facemask when time ran out and the game was over and an extra play wouldn't have helped cosby win so i guess that evened things up. jellico should be proud of these young men that had everything against them and fought there way to victory, without making excuses. the real question is this, is this a one time occurance or will they play harder than they did tonight. if they want to do something that has not happened before in a school located in campbell county they have to turn it up even more. been researching and have discovered that no campbell county school has won a playoff game. we will see what happens in the coming weeks, will they lay down satisfied with there win or will they strive for more?

all i have to say is this about the game. those young men from jellico grew up tonight. it was 17 versus 11 on the field at any given time against jellico. it was so obvious that jellico was the better team and the refs needed to keep the score close so cosby would feel good about themselves. i remember sitting there and watching the punter take two steps with the ball tucked as a runner and then right when he was going to get hit kicked the ball and got plowed and a roughing the punter was called. i may be misinterpreting the rule but when the kicker takes steps as a runner they are fair game to be hit. another thing that stood out was when number 24 got tackled for a loss and he didn't like it got up and kicked dirt on one of the jellico players and started pointing a finger at the jellico player and hollered to where you could hear it in the stands the f word and the ref just talked to the boy, then later jellico got flagged for using profanity for unsportsmanship conduct (go figure). let's not talk about the pass interference when the cosby player dove for a touchdown catch with a person no closer than 3 to 4 yards away and dropped the ball. i will say that jellico did get away with a facemask when time ran out and the game was over and an extra play wouldn't have helped cosby win so i guess that evened things up. jellico should be proud of these young men that had everything against them and fought there way to victory, without making excuses. the real question is this, is this a one time occurance or will they play harder than they did tonight. if they want to do something that has not happened before in a school located in campbell county they have to turn it up even more. been researching and have discovered that no campbell county school has won a playoff game. we will see what happens in the coming weeks, will they lay down satisfied with there win or will they strive for more?

Congrats from a Lander fan! Good job. Can't wait to play a much improved Jellico team! Again congratulations on a big win.

Good game last night. Both teams played really hard. I think both teams can agree that those were the worst refs in the history of football. They didn't even know how to spot the ball. Dunn from Cosby came back last night and played good. Hey ENHwasps....who's Buckner and Kellogg?? lol. But good game last night and wish both teams luck. And by the way...I don't know what happened at against Cloudland with Grooms, but last night against us, he was the cleanest player on the field.

ENhwasp....i told you what was going to happen i wish you was there to see the game to see BUCKNER and KELLOGG show you boys how to run the spread but good game cosby and everybody who said grooms is the dirtest player on the field there wrong he's not at all he had the best sportsmanahip out of everyone good luck cosby

im not enhwasps, but close as you'll get lol. i acttually made it to the game, yea kellogg scored three touchdowns but my god look how he done it. 1 qb tucks it an runs and kellogg sliped behind the coverage. 2 pushed a kid in the back in the endzone ( couldnt believe it wasnt off pass interference) 3 scored on a freshman corner. i really hate makin excuses but that was how i seen it. ill say this much they are way better than last year. maybe cause i was right corner and my bro was the other lol. if he does that on an experianced secondary ill give him tons of props. good luck to jellico go make sum noise.

all i have to say is this about the game. those young men from jellico grew up tonight. it was 17 versus 11 on the field at any given time against jellico. it was so obvious that jellico was the better team and the refs needed to keep the score close so cosby would feel good about themselves. i remember sitting there and watching the punter take two steps with the ball tucked as a runner and then right when he was going to get hit kicked the ball and got plowed and a roughing the punter was called. i may be misinterpreting the rule but when the kicker takes a step as a runner they are fair game to be hit. another thing that stood out was when number 24 got tackled for a loss and he didn't like it got up and kicked dirt on one of the jellico players and started pointing a finger at the jellico player and hollered to where you could hear it in the stands the f word and the ref just talked to the boy, then later jellico got flagged for using profanity for unsportsmanship conduct (go figure). let's not talk about the pass interference when the cosby player dove for a touchdown catch with a person no closer than 3 to 4 yards away and dropped the ball. i will say that jellico did get away with a facemask when time ran out and the game was over and an extra play wouldn't have helped cosby win so i guess that evened things up. jellico should be proud of these young men that had everything against them and fought there way to victory, without making excuses. the real question is this, is this a one time occurance or will they play harder than they did tonight. if they want to do something that has not happened before in a school located in campbell county they have to turn it up even more. been researching and have discovered that no campbell county school has won a playoff game. we will see what happens in the coming weeks, will they lay down satisfied with there win or will they strive for more?

First of all it was A good game. Second of all your version of the game is as lop sided as you. The kicker did not tuck the ball and run or act like it.You forgot about the 5 blocks in the backs jellico did. The official's made the game that it was. I did'nt see you say anything about the push off of the defender in the endzone for a touchdown,but i suppose the jellico boys are all christians and dont use any trash talking or do any of the above. But the face mask at the end would have been nice though at least one would have been called.The better team did'nt win friday night and that is a shame but it's time to move on and look at the next game.By the way you are for some reason making excuses for your team. Kinda funny huh?

Jellico may have gottin away with one push off and a facemask but as for the 5 blocks in the back I'm sure if they did it would of been called. You can tell who got all the penalties called on them, just read the Newport plain talk and see who had all the penalties. The game is over, Jellico won. Cosby will just have to keep practicing hard and they will improve again. Don't try to take anthing away from the boys from Jellico just because Cosby is having a rough season. Good luck with the rest of your season.