Jellico @ Cosby

RockyTop4Life

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. He's picking Jellico because you lost to and were shut-out by PIGEON FORGE.

Shoot, we just need to pack it in this year and forfiet the rest of our games! We've had to adjust to some untimely injuries and other things that has kept us from being as successful as we CAN be. With that being said we are getting better every week and this week will be no different. We got beat by PF because we were one dimensional and we had ONE bust on D that cost us the game, but I don't want anyone to accuse me of making excuses again because I'm not just stating the facts. Any way good luck to Coach Oaks and his team, but I do believe that most people on here are in for a big shock on Friday night, but hey who knows, thats why we play the game. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Yeah, not trying to start a fight but that's it. PF, though outsizing the opponent, only rushed for 2 yards a carry in the game I'm familar with, about 70 for the game, against a 1-3 Class 2A team. That team is allowing about 140 a game rushing, that's not bad but PF still only got half of that, and the other three schools are smaller than PF. On defense they gave up quite a few yards to a team that has struggled on offense this year, penalties helped keep the game closer than it could have been.

Yeah, not trying to start a fight but that's it. PF, though outsizing the opponent, only rushed for 2 yards a carry in the game I'm familar with, about 70 for the game, against a 1-3 Class 2A team. That team is allowing about 140 a game rushing, that's not bad but PF still only got half of that, and the other three schools are smaller than PF. On defense they gave up quite a few yards to a team that has struggled on offense this year, penalties helped keep the game closer than it could have been.

What are saying? We didnt give up triple digit rushing yards to PF, we give up one big pass play because of a bust in coverage. Our QB was making his second start EVER and he is just a SO. that is still learning how to play the position correctly, and he is learning, but like I said lets just see what happens Friday, and if I took your post the wrong way I apologize. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

The only man in Carter Co. that I like, JK, I like your brother and JC is a hoot, any news on how the Lyons kid is doing at Tusculum? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I think he red shirted ,but Adam got to play for CN the other day. Both should do well if they hang in there,

Did you see the post I was replying to. I didn't say he had used it on this particular thread. Someone was implying that Cosby fans had used the term "bowdown". I was just stating who I had seen use it (anywhere).

I'm all for "great rivalry", but when young kids and coaches are personally insulted and downgraded, that crosses a line. (Even for a public forum.) It seems impossible for some communities or teams to ever receive respect. No matter what their accomplishments are. Some teams get to live off of previous seasons when they aren't having such a great year. (e.g. Cloudland last year.) On the other hand you let someone from Cosby mention a 9-1 season and they are informed really quickly, "that was last year." It sure was, and it was historic, record breaking, and the beginning of turning a program into something bigger. I for one was overjoyed at the impact that 1 season has had on our program. We have more community support than ever before. It took 16-17 years to get that, and it is obvious that others are outraged by anyone who would actually speak up for Cosby football after all these years.

Not that that entire rant was directed to your comment, it just kinda came up at the time of my response to yours.

Old grudge or not, I don't see Jellico putting up the 27 you predicted on The Eagles D. The D you guys saw was the worst we had displayed in 2 seasons. (Just to clarify, that comment doesn't mean Cloudland didn't deserve the W. I know how easy it is to turn comments into that!) If Cosby shows the same D they did against PF, TKA or even Gibbs, Jellico won't see the endzone nearly that much. Our offense is starting to come around as well. I expect more than 2 trips to the endzone.

We don't live off previous seasons. But those teams of yore INSPIRE the teams of present to be as good or better than them to work harder than them.As far as last year being the "beginning" of something bigger I think it takes more than one season for that to happen. you say last season inspired pride in your program and that is great. Now what if you had 2 losing seasons in the last 25 years? How much pride in your program and community support would you expect? That is what these Landers face. They are supposed to beat you. After all, every one of the people posting on this board did, so they expect todays team to do it too. I'm not saying it is right or fair to the kids but that is how high expectations are here.