Wilson Central and Oakland

R45AFan

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Wilson Central - unblemished record; Oakland 2-2...hmmmmmmm

Guess I'm gonna have to pull for Wilson. I'd like them to keep their streak going so that we play them it would be another great game to win. Thinking this might be a nail-biter...but Wilson to pull it out!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Wilson Central - unblemished record; Oakland 2-2...hmmmmmmm

Guess I'm gonna have to pull for Wilson. I'd like them to keep their streak going so that we play them it would be another great game to win. Thinking this might be a nail-biter...but Wilson to pull it out!!

Actually you would be wise to be rooting for Oakland as you have already beaten us and in a tie-breaker, you would go above us then. If WC wins , then that makes them 2-0 in the region and creeping up on yall.

I've seen WC and Oakland both this season, and it is hard to make a pick. Oakland has got to protect the football. They had at least 8-10 fumbles against Franklin County, mostly on the center - QB exchange. If they can hold onto the ball, I believe the Patriots will win this game.

I missed the FC game ( went to see Marty U at BGA!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) . Did not know that the majority of the fumbles came from the exchange. At least we didn't lose most of them like we did against Lavergne.

Can you give me any more insight , Riverdale? Do you think we can stop Majors? Did WC pass any?

The FC - WC game was very unusual. The game was called because of lightning right after the half, and the rest was played on Saturday night. I only saw the Friday night part. WC led 21-7, but it really wasn't that impressive. First game for both teams, and it showed.

Oakland's defense was pretty dominant against FC. I really don't know what to make of the Oakland offense since they only had to drive 10-20 yards for most of their scores against FC. They fumbled one in the backfield that Valentine then picks up and runs all the way in. Oakland needs some consistency on offense if they are going to be a contender for a playoff spot.

I think they put together a complete game this week. Surely they are working on the exchange!

Oakland 17 - WC 14

I say Central wins it. At least I hope we do. Everyone is on here talking about offense and defense and whereas that is a crucial part for both teams, something everyone is forgetting is Special Teams. That's the major difference between this year and last year, a sure-handed special teams for Central. It's given the rest of the team a little more confidence and has allowed them to play without the block on their shoulder that was "we have to get into the end zone." Now, anywhere inside the 40 should be a scoring opportunity for the Wildcats.

Central 27-21

I've seen WC and Oakland both this season, and it is hard to make a pick. Oakland has got to protect the football. They had at least 8-10 fumbles against Franklin County, mostly on the center - QB exchange. If they can hold onto the ball, I believe the Patriots will win this game.

What is all the fuss about...................remind 2p that they are playing the "worst rated" team in 4-5A (by unanimous vote of the league coaches and THE "GURU" - Murphy Fair). It is now possible that Wilson Central might not finish at the bottom (with that region win last week).

By league rankings, this will be a slam-dunk for the Pats, but I would warn the Oakland team not to take the "kitties" too lightly. They seem to have different outlook this season, and they might just surprise someone before this season is over. I know that most are fairly certain that Oakland will win, but I really like the way this team plays on both sides of the ball, and will not be surprised if they make a "real" game of it.

road trip

I say Central wins it. At least I hope we do. Everyone is on here talking about offense and defense and whereas that is a crucial part for both teams, something everyone is forgetting is Special Teams. That's the major difference between this year and last year, a sure-handed special teams for Central. It's given the rest of the team a little more confidence and has allowed them to play without the block on their shoulder that was "we have to get into the end zone." Now, anywhere inside the 40 should be a scoring opportunity for the Wildcats.

Central 27-21

That is a big ditto. However, it is not really "special teams"!! It is the "special" kicker Chase Matheson (sp?). He makes everyone we play have the long field after kicks. I do not know much about it, but I would say that Chase has a great future at the next level. He has a "killer" leg.

samin the glade

Actually you would be wise to be rooting for Oakland as you have already beaten us and in a tie-breaker, you would go above us then. If WC wins , then that makes them 2-0 in the region and creeping up on yall.

...I hear ya...I guess I'm just always rooting for the little guys. I'd like for Wilson to win though and keep creeping up on us. Then, like I said...it becomes more of an important match-up. Every game we win where we play tough opponents...keeps the naysayers at bay. We have alot of tough opponents ahead. We've played, with the exception of Oakland, some teams not ranked very highly. Let 'em win, can't wait to play them!!! First things first though...this other Wilson Co. team...LEBANON!!!!