Hillsboro @ Maplewood

boski

Maplewood wins this one. 20-13.

The difference in this game will be Maplewood's D-Line. Maplewood has the best D-Line in 4a. They can pressure Arent with 4 linemen. Arent is easily rattled when hit. He will be hit vs. Maplewood. Hillsboro's O-Line isn't as good as last yr's. That center they had the last 4 yrs just manhandled opposing defenses, he was also a stud defensive lineman too. Hillsboro's offensive and defensive lines aren't as good as last yr. MBA showed you can run down Hillsboro's throat. Chris Simpson and Cantrell will both have 100 yds rushing. Seward is a not an eat the clock type back. He is good on screens and sweeps, not between the tackles. Maplewood hits as hard as any HS team i've seen this yr. I like Gordon for Hillsboro, he is the best player in this game, but he can't do it by himself. Again Maplewood wins.

I don't think Maplewood can put more preassure on Arent than MBA. MBA is big strong and disciplined. They played well on Friday and deserve credit for winning a close hard fought game.

Now I am trying to figure what you consider "rattled," in the first half against MBA, Arent was 10-13 for 140 yds with one passing and one rushing TD. (also threw one TD that was called back due to penalty) He finished the game 18-27. If Arent can go 18-27 against Maplewood, the Burros win by 4tds.

Seward will continue to get yards on screens (especially if teams continue to blitz and preassure Arent). However, if you don't think he runs between the tackles then you have not been paying attention. Most of Seward's yards come through the middle. Watch the game this week and you will notice that #5 hits the hole as quick and hard as any back in the state and then always seems to be coming out of the other end of the pile(sometimes for 30-50yds).

Maplewood is a good team and deserves respect as the second best team in the region. Still, my guess is that a focused Hillsboro team opens an early lead and never looks back. Arent, Seward, Gordon and most of the Hillsboro starters are taking off tape and cheering on the younger guys by the end of the third quarter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not even going to get all into this (i know thats not like me), but Hillsboro this Hillsboro that ..yada yada 4tds? lol that was a good one they will be lucky to score 2 ..we will see what they can do come friday ...just let the kids play ball ..

I assume that is what will happen Fri night. The Burro's will be hungry to get back to their winning ways and the Panthers will be hungry to stop them. This will be a hard hitting contest.

You think Maplewood is not used to winning? and yes this will be a hard hitting contest with Maplewood hitting the hardest, and losing to MBA is not the worst thing that could have happened, to me it was the best ..it let teams know they could beat Hillsboro ..it exposed thier weakness, then you got a mobile QB at Maplewood and he has a great arm as well and a heck of a RB this aint no cakewalk.. looks like double practices for you guys this week ... and then you tie with Franklin ? thats funny .. you guys got your hands full this time.. its more pressure on you, like you said you trying to "get back" to winning ..and thats all Maplewood has done and will keep doing. Blade look at tape make some changes .. you gonna need it .. you not playing in Kansas anymore ToTo the Burro!!

You think Maplewood is not used to winning? and yes this will be a hard hitting contest with Maplewood hitting the hardest, and losing to MBA is not the worst thing that could have happened, to me it was the best ..it let teams know they could beat Hillsboro ..it exposed thier weakness, then you got a mobile QB at Maplewood and he has a great arm as well and a heck of a RB this aint no cakewalk.. looks like double practices for you guys this week ... and then you tie with Franklin ? thats funny .. you guys got your hands full this time.. its more pressure on you, like you said you trying to "get back" to winning ..and thats all Maplewood has done and will keep doing. Blade look at tape make some changes .. you gonna need it .. you not playing in Kansas anymore ToTo the Burro!!

Here's 3 things you can be sure of: Boski will talk lots of noise, Hillsboro will win, Boski will complain about officiating. Has happened every time they have played over the last few years!

you forgot one eddie askill... i will set next to you at the game and punch you in the ribs everytime Maplweood scores!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" .. ok maybe not that would be assault.

bout time the hater crew shows up!! i was getting worried ..

Maplwood wins this one!

Hillsboro scored 2TDs in the loss to MBA. You all seem to also forget that they scored 2TDs in what was virtually an entire game (I BELIEVE 6 MINUTES REMAINED) against Franklin.

Of course they scored 4TDs and drilled Overton. The Bobcats are NOT a team like Maplewood. SORRY!!!!

Maplewood gets pressure on the opponents QBs and offensively they can run the football with Simpson & Cantrell. If Maplewood can control the ball they win. Hillsboro will not hit big play after big play against the Panthers defense.

4? 4tds. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ok what maplewood team have you been watching? 4 tds is not an option. maybe 1 and a field goal. better yet, mabe a field goal. maplewood defense is just to ... what can i say... on top of their game.... naw, into their game...naw, i cant even explain it. those guys are just everywhere. you can call a screen, draw, slants, flys, it dont matter. maplewood is there. and as for 4tds. mabe thats how manny is going to be scored in the entire game.

Maplewood : 20

Hillburro : 7

Hillsboro scored 2TDs in the loss to MBA. You all seem to also forget that they scored 2TDs in what was virtually an entire game (I BELIEVE 6 MINUTES REMAINED) against Franklin.

Of course they scored 4TDs and drilled Overton. The Bobcats are NOT a team like Maplewood. SORRY!!!!

Maplewood gets pressure on the opponents QBs and offensively they can run the football with Simpson & Cantrell. If Maplewood can control the ball they win. Hillsboro will not hit big play after big play against the Panthers defense.

Let's not forget to give some credit to th defense for MBA and Franklin. MBA may be the best defense in division two coming off shutout victories over Independence (37 yds rush 22 yds pass) and Baylor (35 yds rush and 105 yds pass). I also believe before the end of the season everyone will recognize the Franklin defense to be one of the best in 5A ball. Franklin has not given up many yards in two loses to McCallie (80 Yds rush) and Ravenwood (32 yds rush). In their wn vs McGavock they gave up just 79 yds.

Hillsboro will need to score more and they should if they can start converting on short yardage downs and cut out one or two penalties that really hurt. Hopefully these games against top defenses have prepared the Burros for an expected to be good Maplewood defense. If so, then the loss and the "tie" will be worth every bit of anguish the team has suffered.

you forgot one eddie askill... i will set next to you at the game and punch you in the ribs everytime Maplweood scores!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" .. ok maybe not that would be assault.

bout time the hater crew shows up!! i was getting worried ..

Maplwood wins this one!

Hater Crew Boski Boski you no we have all kinds of affection for you and your kind posts. I bet this will be a good game. Good luck to both teams on a injury free game. I'm picking the Burro's to get it done.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hater Crew Boski Boski you no we have all kinds of affection for you and your kind posts. I bet this will be a good game. Good luck to both teams on a injury free game. I'm picking the Burro's to get it done.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Golfendude ...i would not be me without my haters so thank you!! .... and eddie is good at hating .. he does his home work. but i must remind him at times, that this is not about me ..im just a fan, who enjoys the game and he is hater who likes to say my name.

READ THIS AGAIN

"4? 4tds. ok what maplewood team have you been watching? 4 tds is not an option. maybe 1 and a field goal. better yet, mabe a field goal. maplewood defense is just to ... what can i say... on top of their game.... naw, into their game...naw, i cant even explain it. those guys are just everywhere. you can call a screen, draw, slants, flys, it dont matter. maplewood is there. and as for 4tds. mabe thats how manny is going to be scored in the entire game."

That about says it all and there is really nothing else there is to say about it.

Some things never change... If you have the time to look over old Hillsboro-Maplewood threads you will see the same things: Boski talking smack, Hillsboro winning, and then Boski making up an excuse about the officiating for why Maplewood lost. Come back on Monday next week to see the same thing, or just reread an old thread and move on.