Hillsboro @ Maplewood

boski

12 - 6 , thats a bad tasting gum right there .. it time to chew on a new flavor of burrogum!!

Maplewood wants this Hillsboro wants this, who wants it more?

Maplewood wins this one 14 - 6 to take full control of Region5 4A

"They didn't do anything special," Gordon said. "We just were not being disciplined on some key plays. This was like a scrimmage before we get to (defending Class 4A champ) Maryville." - Fuel for tha Fire!!

This Gordon kid head is so big ..does he really need a helmet?

He is already talking Maryville (35 - 10), are you sure about that?

Remember Gordon scrimmages and 7 on 7 camp is over!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 - 6 , thats a bad tasting gum right there .. it time to chew on a new flavor of burrogum!!

Maplewood wants this Hillsboro wants this, who wants it more?

Maplewood wins this one 14 - 6 to take full control of Region5 4A

"They didn't do anything special," Gordon said. "We just were not being disciplined on some key plays. This was like a scrimmage before we get to (defending Class 4A champ) Maryville." - Fuel for tha Fire!!

This Gordon kid head is so big ..does he really need a helmet?

He is already talking Maryville (35 - 10), are you sure about that?

Remember Gordon scrimmages and 7 on 7 camp is over!!

I read this and initially thought his comments were awfully bold like you. Even though this is the underlying way of thinking amongst the hillsboro football progam this year, as a player, he probably should not have said this. That said, i wouldnt put much into this statement. he's a 16-17 year old kid who made this comment immediately after a bitter loss. the taste of defeat is not well known amongst these players and he made this comment out of spite. as a hillsboro fan, my thoughts were similar after the game, out of shock and anger i was jus telling myself "well, we're still gonna go to state" haha, so i dont blame him.

as for the helmet comment, you may be right. as it is awfully difficult to tackle him anyways, jus ask MBA.

I read this and initially thought his comments were awfully bold like you. Even though this is the underlying way of thinking amongst the hillsboro football progam this year, as a player, he probably should not have said this. That said, i wouldnt put much into this statement. he's a 16-17 year old kid who made this comment immediately after a bitter loss. the taste of defeat is not well known amongst these players and he made this comment out of spite. as a hillsboro fan, my thoughts were similar after the game, out of shock and anger i was jus telling myself "well, we're still gonna go to state" haha, so i dont blame him.

as for the helmet comment, you may be right. as it is awfully difficult to tackle him anyways, just ask MBA.

Nope cant blame you at all, losing leaves a very bitter taste! but once you get used to ..it not all that bad

Remember this Panther team is full of "serious athletes with speed to burn" as well.

and this defense has the speed and tackling ability to match up with Hillsboro very well

they shutout 2 good teams teams Pearl Cohn avg 28 pts per game and Hunters Lane who scored 40 + in 2 games this season.. i think they are ready for Hillsboro.. i know they are ready.

Maplewood: 20

Pearl Cohn: 0

Maplewood: 13

Hunters Lane: 0

The Panthers have shutout a Class 3A Elite & a Class 5A Elite. I believe they are ready to dethrone the Burros and win Region 5-4A. The best thing that could have ever happened to Maplewood was the upset loss to Clarksville in last year's playoffs. The Panthers are a very good defensive team with two excellent playmakers on offense in Simpson & Cantrell.

Hillsboro is going to need their "two QB system" in this one because one of those QBs may not even finish the game when this defense gets after them.

as i said before this season, maplewood is the only team that stands between hillsboro and maryville. however, that loss against mba was not good for maplewood's sake. i believe that was a wake up call for hillsboro and they are gonna come back as focused as ever. i cannot begin to express how badly hillsboro wanted to beat mba, and to go down in such heart-breaking fashion will have this team hungrier than ever!

Maplewood wins this one. 20-13.

The difference in this game will be Maplewood's D-Line. Maplewood has the best D-Line in 4a. They can pressure Arent with 4 linemen. Arent is easily rattled when hit. He will be hit vs. Maplewood. Hillsboro's O-Line isn't as good as last yr's. That center they had the last 4 yrs just manhandled opposing defenses, he was also a stud defensive lineman too. Hillsboro's offensive and defensive lines aren't as good as last yr. MBA showed you can run down Hillsboro's throat. Chris Simpson and Cantrell will both have 100 yds rushing. Seward is a not an eat the clock type back. He is good on screens and sweeps, not between the tackles. Maplewood hits as hard as any HS team i've seen this yr. I like Gordon for Hillsboro, he is the best player in this game, but he can't do it by himself. Again Maplewood wins.