Hillsboro @ Maplewood

boski

Guest workinprogress

Hillsboro scored 2TDs in the loss to MBA. You all seem to also forget that they scored 2TDs in what was virtually an entire game (I BELIEVE 6 MINUTES REMAINED) against Franklin.

Of course they scored 4TDs and drilled Overton. The Bobcats are NOT a team like Maplewood. SORRY!!!!

Maplewood gets pressure on the opponents QBs and offensively they can run the football with Simpson & Cantrell. If Maplewood can control the ball they win. Hillsboro will not hit big play after big play against the Panthers defense.

BC you must not have been at the game. Hillsboro didnt drill Overton. Overton had the ball with 7 minutes left in the fourth and went for a 4 and 2. They missed and Hillsboro drove the down and scored. Then Hillsboro scored again with only about a minute left. Overton was very much in this game, they were not drilled.

As far as the game at hand, I could see this going either way. I will go with Maplewood here but I think the burros get the most important win at a later date.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seward IS an in between the tackles back, he is an everything back. in fact, it was quite fascinating watching him run it up the middle against mba, meet contact, dance around, and produce 8-10 yards out of nothing. and yall are clearly arent giving mba enough credit. their much heralded D-line was big and strong and hillsboro's O-line certainly held their own. ill agree with the statement that arent is easily rattled, quite frankly, hes been under-achieving.. that's why you should see more of Greg Young this week /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

whoever said that mba "exposed" hillsboro and proved you can "run it down their throat" obviously did not see the game and is not familiar with mba's offense. mba's powerful running attack did not have much success, hillsboro jus gave up a few big, key runs... and this is a triple-headed rushing attack headlined by UT-committ ben bartholomew (6'3, 225).

as for tieing with franklin (ps- franklin turned down coach blades attempt to reschedule the game), it was the first game for crying out loud, which means their very strong D had all summer to focus on the burros.

ps- after friday's game at MBA, coach blade is making some personnel changes beginning this afternoon which appear to be very good, beneficial moves. it's impressive how many athletes hillsboro has and they can afford to shift/insert/cut guys in the lineup. at linebacker is where the most changes are being made, including a possible intriguing move which potentially would give hillsboro the fastest LB in the state /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Seward IS an in between the tackles back, he is an everything back. in fact, it was quite fascinating watching him run it up the middle against mba, meet contact, dance around, and produce 8-10 yards out of nothing. and yall are clearly arent giving mba enough credit. their much heralded D-line was big and strong and hillsboro's O-line certainly held their own. ill agree with the statement that arent is easily rattled, quite frankly, hes been under-achieving.. that's why you should see more of Greg Young this week /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

whoever said that mba "exposed" hillsboro and proved you can "run it down their throat" obviously did not see the game and is not familiar with mba's offense. mba's powerful running attack did not have much success, hillsboro jus gave up a few big, key runs... and this is a triple-headed rushing attack headlined by UT-committ ben bartholomew (6'3, 225).

as for tieing with franklin (ps- franklin turned down coach blades attempt to reschedule the game), it was the first game for crying out loud, which means their very strong D had all summer to focus on the burros.

Being big and strong means nothing if you dont have enough speed to get to the ball carrier ...and look at this guy (6'3, 225) thats a big target, my granny could stuff him running up the middle. If have seen Cantrell and Simpson meet contact, dance around, and produce 10 - 12 yards out of nothing as well. ive seen Hillsboro play and everyone knows its a bunch of quick passes, screens and passes out to the flats to the HB, quick handoffs ...Maplewoods DB's are well prepared and can cover the "mighty spread" ..what you dont see is , that you cant compare Maplewoods D to MBA ..you just cant it wouldnt be fair to MBA who beat you guys ..that must have been tough ..the sheer speed of Maplewood should be illegal in high school sports.

so Hillsboro is going have the fastest linbacker in the state this week? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" good they are going to need him.

and eddie askiller ..you leave the refs out of this ..dont get them started ..they are pretty nice guys once you buy them steak dinners ..

you must be bored ..go back and read the rest of my old post ..its some classic material, you just might learn something new.

BC you must not have been at the game. Hillsboro didnt drill Overton. Overton had the ball with 7 minutes left in the fourth and went for a 4 and 2. They missed and Hillsboro drove the down and scored. Then Hillsboro scored again with only about a minute left. Overton was very much in this game, they were not drilled.

As far as the game at hand, I could see this going either way. I will go with Maplewood here but I think the burros get the most important win at a later date.

Well thats says a lot ..they should have drilled Overton ..but they couldnt, now they are mad because they lost a game that they "think" they should have won ..and Maplewood is not having it!

Being big and strong means nothing if you dont have enough speed to get to the ball carrier ...and look at this guy (6'3, 225) thats a big target, my granny could stuff him running up the middle. If have seen Cantrell and Simpson meet contact, dance around, and produce 10 - 12 yards out of nothing as well. ive seen Hillsboro play and everyone knows its a bunch of quick passes, screens and passes out to the flats to the HB, quick handoffs ...Maplewoods DB's are well prepared and can cover the "mighty spread" ..what you dont see is , that you cant compare Maplewoods D to MBA ..you just cant it wouldnt be fair to MBA who beat you guys ..that must have been tough ..the sheer speed of Maplewood should be illegal in high school sports.

so Hillsboro is going have the fastest linbacker in the state this week? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" good they are going to need him.

and eddie askiller ..you leave the refs out of this ..dont get them started ..they are pretty nice guys once you buy them steak dinners ..

you must be bored ..go back and read the rest of my old post ..its some classic material, you just might learn something new.

except bartholomew also runs a 4.5... you really are something boski.. you take every comment as a personal attack or a comparison to your team/players when it's simply not. i made the comment about seward running up the middle against mba and making something out of nothing in response to someone saying he is not an in between the tackles RB and to further prove my point it was against mba's tough defense who had 2 straight shutouts against antioch and independence: 2 decent 5A teams. i was not saying cantrell/simpson are not capable of such feats, that's totally irrelevant.

as for reading yur past posts.. ill pass. i remember your comments from last year, and id rather spare my brain from viewing such juvenile remarks, unfortunately, i have no choice this week.

except bartholomew also runs a 4.5... you really are something boski.. you take every comment as a personal attack or a comparison to your team/players when it's simply not. i made the comment about seward running up the middle against mba and making something out of nothing in response to someone saying he is not an in between the tackles RB and to further prove my point it was against mba's tough defense who had 2 straight shutouts against antioch and independence: 2 decent 5A teams. i was not saying cantrell/simpson are not capable of such feats, that's totally irrelevant.

as for reading yur past posts.. ill pass. i remember your comments from last year, and id rather spare my brain from viewing such juvenile remarks, unfortunately, i have no choice this week.

Well thanks for not doing me any favors pal .. first off i didnt ask you to read anything i post ..you are speaking your opinion and im speaking mine ..looks like you cant handle it homebucket! ..i was saying to the other people that matter because you dont, that Cantrell and Simpson can do things people are saying Hillsboro players can do ..if not better .. you take things how you want to ..its your "limited use" brain, so call it what you want to ..im still going to say what i want to say ..im not saying mba has a weak defense heck they beat you guys , im saying i think Maplewood defense is better than MBA's, is it a crime to say that? and as far a personal attack ..what good what that do? ive been on here a long time .. i can handle anything that comes my way .. thats what i do baby! ..and im still laughing bro!!

and if your not comparing the teams then why are you here ..thats what this is about ..the talk before the game everybody knows action speaks louder than key strokes ... and Maplewood will handle this when that time comes..you need to go hang out in Jr High Sports forums.

Boski and his antics makes this game real interesting.

lol footballfan, thats what i do!!! ..but some of this stuff is just to funny to me (there are some real haters out there)

... i go through this year in and year out.

ive called some right ive called some wrong... but for the most part im just having fun .. what better way to hype up a game. bottom line its about football ...who do you think is gointg to win? ..some say this team i say that team.

Guest workinprogress

lol footballfan, thats what i do!!! ..but some of this stuff is just to funny to me (there are some real haters out there)

... i go through this year in and year out.

ive called some right ive called some wrong... but for the most part im just having fun .. what better way to hype up a game. bottom line its about football ...who do you think is gointg to win? ..some say this team i say that team.

Boski you make this interesting. There's always going to be haters, and there are always those that get offended when they read something that they dont want to. All in all as long as its about football is good.

Both are good teams with high expectations. I think Hillsboro has the nod as far as coaching. Athletically they match up quite well with neither team having the nod. Hillsboro should be ticked that MBA beat them last week and Maplewood should want revenge for last year which gives neither the advantage. I look for a high scoring game with the game being won late on a two point conversion by Maplewood. I think it will be interesting to see how the burros respond after losing to MBA. This is actually the first chance we will get to see their response after losing. Do they come out strong or does Maplewood score early and the burros give up? I hope not but we will see. Good luck to both teams. Keep it up Boski.

ill gladly accept the label as a "hater", but only towards boski's mindless ranting.. as it is certainly not towards the maplewood's football team as i have tremondous respect for them. i have not said one negative thing about your team thus far, so i dont think im qualified to be a hater of the maplewood football team.

notice the first thing i said in an earlier post was: "ive said all along, maplewood is the only team that stands between hillsboro and maryville".

and it's humorous that you are the one saying actions speak louder than words..

cant wait for this game!!