Marshall Co. @ Page

middletnathletics

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HAVE THE FACT OF THE WEEK HERE FOLKS!!!!

Since the 1999 season THE ROAD TEAM HAS WON EVERY GAME IN THIS RIVALRY!!!! Homefield has meant nothing.

'99: Page beat Marshall 38-35

'00: Marshall beat Page 13-7

'01: Page beat Marshall 33-23

'02: Marshall beat Page 23-6

'03: Page beat Marshall 20-19

'04: Page beat Marshall 40-35

'05: Marshall beat Page 48-41

'06: Page beat Marshall 25-22

For the 9TH CONSECUTIVE SEASON this is a trend that I expect to continue because this week's game is at Page and it is very clear that Marshall Co. is favored to win the contest. They have the more experienced players and overall they are just too deep and too talented right now for the Patriots.

Next Year???? I like the streak to reach 10 YEARS because this year's Page team will be back pretty much as a whole and they could compete for the region in 2008.

i agree that marshall co will win. considering that the page coaches forget that they have more than 2 players on the team. it seems to win you need to use all the talent you have avaliable. because you need to have fresh legs in or you will get very tired and the other team will seem to find your 2 players that you use every time.

The favorite has not won the last three games in this series.

This game means a lot but was the marqee game when they were both powerhouses. The rivalry goes way back even when both teams were a little down. I sure miss Coach J Edgar Hoover...errr...I mean Coach Mac. He single-handed got Page motivated every year.

The difference in this game should be Hightower....followed closely by some very good athletes.

Page has had a tough road this year....even though we won last year...we are better this year and it is still an uphill battle.

I am worried about Marshall's big play potential...something that Page has given up some

The key to our effort is having everyone healthy. QB still a question mark at Page with some injury question. Might cause some preparation issues if there is a change.

This game should not be high scoring like it has been.

Page has had a tough road this year....even though we won last year...we are better this year and it is still an uphill battle.

This game should not be high scoring like it has been.

I would like to see this be a close game. However, I don't feel that Page is as good as they were last year and I think Marshall County will be better . In recent years, the Marshall County Coaching staff would have a meltdown in some games. Hightower will be a big difference as mentioned in this thread. I would not be surprised if this was a high scoring Marshall County win. I'll be pulling for Page.

I would like to see this be a close game. However, I don't feel that Page is as good as they were last year and I think Marshall County will be better . In recent years, the Marshall County Coaching staff would have a meltdown in some games. Hightower will be a big difference as mentioned in this thread. I would not be surprised if this was a high scoring Marshall County win. I'll be pulling for Page.

Im sorry Page... Hightower is the key!!!!

MC wins big!!!

I HAVE THE FACT OF THE WEEK HERE FOLKS!!!!

Since the 1999 season THE ROAD TEAM HAS WON EVERY GAME IN THIS RIVALRY!!!! Homefield has meant nothing.

'99: Page beat Marshall 38-35

'00: Marshall beat Page 13-7

'01: Page beat Marshall 33-23

'02: Marshall beat Page 23-6

'03: Page beat Marshall 20-19

'04: Page beat Marshall 40-35

'05: Marshall beat Page 48-41

'06: Page beat Marshall 25-22

For the 9TH CONSECUTIVE SEASON this is a trend that I expect to continue because this week's game is at Page and it is very clear that Marshall Co. is favored to win the contest. They have the more experienced players and overall they are just too deep and too talented right now for the Patriots.

Next Year???? I like the streak to reach 10 YEARS because this year's Page team will be back pretty much as a whole and they could compete for the region in 2008.

This may be true as far as the past few years but thru the entire love/hate relationship dating back over two and a half decades Marshall County has had the upper hand.

I see Marshall County winning big and going deep into the playoffs this year. This team is playing as a team and has great leadership, and the biggest advantage over the past few years is the discipline.

Call this a rivalry if you would like, but you have had to lived it to know what this game means to these two schools. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Allaboutsports......I was looking forward to seeing you all at the game, but my uncle passed away and I have to fly out for his service and won't return until Sun

Page is outmatched on this one unless we have "EVERYONE" available.

I still wish Hightower was running the ball like he used to. Our old game plan is to let a Hightower run for 300 yds and be so tired that he can't play defense.

This game always has a big gate and always has surprises.

Is that Big train whistle back in business?

I am leaving tickets for Coach Mac at the gate and a free pass for him along the Marshall sideline just to help you all for this game.

The one thing that I have concern for this game is the Marshall co improved defense. If this is a high scoring game...it will favor Page in my book. Our new offense really has to come around and there are some faces on our team that I haven't seen much due to injury. If Marshall were to win...and if they win big then I will have to re-assess their place in the region.

This may be true as far as the past few years but thru the entire love/hate relationship dating back over two and a half decades Marshall County has had the upper hand.

I see Marshall County winning big and going deep into the playoffs this year. This team is playing as a team and has great leadership, and the biggest advantage over the past few years is the discipline.

Call this a rivalry if you would like, but you have had to lived it to know what this game means to these two schools. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Boy I failed to notice that Page is 5-3 against Marshall Co. during that span of time I mentioned.

THAT'S NOT WHAT I WAS INTENDING MY HISTORY ON!!!!!

Marshall Co.: 42

Page: 14

Since 1999, there has been at the most ....a margin of 2 TD's separating the teams in any year. The Page 99 team was undefeated and was killing people but was lucky to pull out a win on a FG in the last minute. The Page 03 team was favored by a bunch and got beat at home. 01 and 06 Page wins should have never happened.

Let's just say I will be mighty impressed if the Tigers put it on us that much. That will be reason to fear the Tigers for the rest of the season. By the way, Page pulls this out and the region is in "shake-up" mode.

The one thing that Page knows and MC knows is that Page can get it done against the Tigers.....records mean nothing...case in point...the Page 01 team was 1-6 going to MC to play the region champs....changed the offense that week and beat the Tigers 33-23....then went on to make the playoffs where they almost pulled off a major upset over an over-rated Crockett team.

Don't forget...Coach Mac ...got your tickets handy.....

If you go way back in the series history...MC has the upper hand.....Page teams in the late 70's and the 80's were pretty poor for the most part and time spent in the class 4a with 25 players did not help either.