Morristown West v. David Crockett

WMTNTrojans

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crocket loses by 30, Green and his Daddy are not the answer for the Pioneers!

Green is not the same coach his daddy was.

When the elder Green was at Boone, the offense was "1 yard and a cloud of dust" and about as exciting as watching paint dry. The players didn't believe, and it just didn't work.

The younger Green opens it up a little more, makes it a little more fun, and the players seem to be buying into it.

See every other year everyone in the conference says oh well west will beat us but this is the year everyone gets close or beats west there not the same team 100 players so what and for east there very beatable too geez all people from east do is get on here and say blah blah b/c they have so many injuries i hope both go below .500 this year

Green is not the same coach his daddy was.

When the elder Green was at Boone, the offense was "1 yard and a cloud of dust" and about as exciting as watching paint dry. The players didn't believe, and it just didn't work.

The younger Green opens it up a little more, makes it a little more fun, and the players seem to be buying into it.

I know this isn't a Green topic, but since you said this daddio, I will beg to differ. Not all players feel the way you do. I went 9-4 under Coach Green, and while sometimes it was frustrating, I wouldn't trade a day back. Our team would do anything for one another and we did "believe" we could do something.

And it is 4 yards, the one yard thing doesn't work unless the other team gets a flag /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Young Green is far more wide open in his offense, more open minded and really uses his staff to his great advantage. In the late 70's and early 80's Boone had some of the best backs (with speed) huge linemen that would use 6 inch splits and and the backfield was a tight wishbone. Personel wise at GHS we were in awe of the personnel but we often came away with a win or a tight loss due to their offensive sets. We always wanted to trade our players for theirs and run a veer with 3 ft splits.

See every other year everyone in the conference says oh well west will beat us but this is the year everyone gets close or beats west there not the same team 100 players so what and for east there very beatable too geez all people from east do is get on here and say blah blah b/c they have so many injuries i hope both go below .500 this year

What are you talking about? I have been the one talking about injuries and there is no "because" and I am not making excuses. Injuries are a part of football and when they happen, people have to step up. There is no blah blah blah. You are an idiot.

I know this isn't a Green topic, but since you said this daddio, I will beg to differ. Not all players feel the way you do. I went 9-4 under Coach Green, and while sometimes it was frustrating, I wouldn't trade a day back. Our team would do anything for one another and we did "believe" we could do something.

And it is 4 yards, the one yard thing doesn't work unless the other team gets a flag /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The "1 yard" thing was being sarcastic. The knock I heard the last year or two was that was the plan, and everyone knew it was coming, so they only got 1 instead of 4.

After talking to another alum last night, I must apologize. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Seems after I thought about it, there were some fairly successful teams in the Green era. Please excuse the failing memory (eyesight is going, too, along with other things).

Never seen the buzz that is going around now, though. What do you think of the "Welcome to Hale!" shirts? The first shipment sold out, and I was told that Nathan Hale's son came in from out of town where he lives, and told the booster club that they were so honored by their dad being honored, that they were going to buy a shipment to be passed out to students for free. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

When has anyone ever complained about injuries you moron...east has lost four players who all started and we are still winning games with the sophomores....im glad you hope we go below .500 but im not really sure anyone on here cares what you hope....luckily the team doesnt run on hopes and dreams or we'd have a problem huh. I hope your team has a injury free year....so you have no excuses. Good luck

The "1 yard" thing was being sarcastic. The knock I heard the last year or two was that was the plan, and everyone knew it was coming, so they only got 1 instead of 4.

After talking to another alum last night, I must apologize. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Seems after I thought about it, there were some fairly successful teams in the Green era. Please excuse the failing memory (eyesight is going, too, along with other things).

Never seen the buzz that is going around now, though. What do you think of the "Welcome to Hale!" shirts? The first shipment sold out, and I was told that Nathan Hale's son came in from out of town where he lives, and told the booster club that they were so honored by their dad being honored, that they were going to buy a shipment to be passed out to students for free. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I heard a rumor that someone was called by a parent complaining, and replied that Nathan S. Hale would be honored they sold 1000 shirts with his name on it. I think it is brilliant. I hadn't heard anything about his son saying that, but I've met him before so I believe the story. I think the shirts are hilarious haha.