Independence at Franklin

Bigdogroxx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I didnt see it as talking trash.... I know lots of Franklin players and I know it was thought that the IHS fan section was chanting Cole-train when in fact it was Pain-train(Scott Pettigrew)

Just to clear the air, We were not trying to direspect Cole, Best wishes to him! He is hard-working player. Just wanted to get that clear.

Okay, only one person predicted a blowout and many people on this board thought that the poster may have been a Franklin fan posting bulletin board material. Nobody in there right mind was going to predict a blowout win for Indy, especially with the way that they have played thus far this year. Go back and look at the posts.

As for the game, congrats to Franklin, they dominated every aspect of the game for the most part. To whoever said this game was never in doubt, look back at the beginning of the fourth quarter when the score was 21-16, it looked like Indy had the momentum, and there was def. doubt in a lot of minds.

Franklin's defense is just remarkable to watch, they are so fast and swarm to the ball so quickly. Holding Pettigrew to 38 yards was impressive. He couldn't get past the initial line of scrimmage because the defense was so good at swarming the ball. Almost everyone said before the season that Franklin had the best defense in the region, and they were right.

Indy, like most of the year has had one reoccuring theme, slow starts. Those will almost always lead to them having to play catch up football. It has to stop happening if this team wants to have the success that it desires. That inital 21-0 lead killed Indy. Indy's offense looked uncomfortable on the field for most of the first half, something that can't happen, and something Franklin obviously had no troubles with.

Next week Indy has Memphis East (1-4) for homecoming. Hopefully they will come out fired up for homecoming and strike quickly.

I beg your pardon post 4 ... Franklin Wins BIG! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This one was easy to pick. I seen them this spring here and i new that they had to be even better now. Nobody should ever over look another team, it can cost you a lot of games that way. Should prepare like there all playoffs games. So a Coach told me once.

All the advice i can give anyone is that being a man and not talking trash off the field is a great way to win a game... Im proud to say that my team has a very good attitude when it comes to that. We leave it all on the field, and we dont let any crap being said go unnoticed. Every single insult from earlier that week to halftime way given back 3 fold in points on the scoreboard... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah I didnt see it as talking trash.... I know lots of Franklin players and I know it was thought that the IHS fan section was chanting Cole-train when in fact it was Pain-train(Scott Pettigrew)

Just to clear the air, We were not trying to direspect Cole, Best wishes to him! He is hard-working player. Just wanted to get that clear.

that is kind of funny that PAIN-TRAIN was being chanted for Pettigrew. i mean 38 total yards is VERY painful!