Mcnairy Central (3-0) vs. Southside (4-0)...

Mitchell53

wow!!!!! you people have a lot of class. wishing players to actually get hurt???? you are talking about 15-18 year old kids. i wouldn't wish that on anyone. i hate that for mcnairy. there are some fine, decent people down there, but people like you reflect bad on the entire program and community.

sorry...that was suppose to be a response to one of "moonpie's" posts earlier. sorry!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

friday night i turn on my radio listening to various games and i cross the mc-ss game. It's mcnairy's first offensive drive. every down is a 10-20 yard play almost. mcnairy scores. i think to myself wow mcnairy might when this thing but then they say the score 21-7 in the second quarter. how is that mc's first offensive drive. so i call up a buddy of mine. southside kicked not one but two onside kicks. u can call it a good game plan or watever other excuse u can think of but that sounds more like fear. i honestly believe southside was afraid to kick it deep to 22. they were afraid of the bobcat offense. then mcnairy comes out and starts playin ball. the defense holds them the entire second half. late fourth quarter ss has ball and is stopped by the bobcat d on 3rd and 10 but there is an unnecessary roughness call. sounds like the refs were tired and didnt wanna go into ot cuz the bobcats were on a roll and could have very well tied it up had it not been for that call. all in all both r good teams and i hope they do well. i would hope to see a rematch between these region rivals in the playoffs hopefully in a more heads up game and none of that powderpuss onside kicking in the first half. congrats ss on the W although it seems cowardly its a W. btw not biased jus an observer of the local teams. both teams are great but i dont think either team has been pushed to peak performance

Call it whatever you want, them onside kicks were just smart coaching. Isn't the ideal behind football is to score more points than the other team, if thats so isn't one way to do it is keep the ball away from the other team and its playmakers? I can't help Hayes out coached Bowder again... SS pounded the kitty kats from McNairy and will do it again if they meet in the playoffs.

friday night i turn on my radio listening to various games and i cross the mc-ss game. It's mcnairy's first offensive drive. every down is a 10-20 yard play almost. mcnairy scores. i think to myself wow mcnairy might when this thing but then they say the score 21-7 in the second quarter. how is that mc's first offensive drive. so i call up a buddy of mine. southside kicked not one but two onside kicks. u can call it a good game plan or watever other excuse u can think of but that sounds more like fear. i honestly believe southside was afraid to kick it deep to 22. they were afraid of the bobcat offense. then mcnairy comes out and starts playin ball. the defense holds them the entire second half. late fourth quarter ss has ball and is stopped by the bobcat d on 3rd and 10 but there is an unnecessary roughness call. sounds like the refs were tired and didnt wanna go into ot cuz the bobcats were on a roll and could have very well tied it up had it not been for that call. all in all both r good teams and i hope they do well. i would hope to see a rematch between these region rivals in the playoffs hopefully in a more heads up game and none of that powderpuss onside kicking in the first half. congrats ss on the W although it seems cowardly its a W. btw not biased jus an observer of the local teams. both teams are great but i dont think either team has been pushed to peak performance

First SS only onside kicked it once. Mcnairy return man fumbled the first kick off. SS got it on the 30 then went up 14-0. Then they onside kicked it. Smart move. Worked didn't it?? It was 14-14 in the 2nd half. So how did Mcnairy out play them in the 2nd half? Mcnairy just couldn't stop SS running game. 400 total yards over 300 rushing. On the personal foul the Mcnairy defender made a great hit but he stood over the rb and it looked like he was talking trash. He may not have been just what it looked like. 9 out 10 time your going to get flagged for it. Tuff call but thats not why they lost. They were just outplayed. Good luck to the bobcats. Go Hawks!

Wow, you edited that post and it still turned out that bad.

You have to be biased to say that Southside was scared of McNairy. Even if Southside had to onside kicks (which they did not) if McNairy couldn't recover it then its their own fault. Thats not fear.