Cherokee @ Morristown East

canefan72

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East had a good practice today and went full tilt. Barnett and Howell both looked very good at qb and the O line worked hard. I think that after friday at Jeff co., the O feels they have something to prove. Fridays home game should be played with a ton of emotion by the canes. Focus & Finish.

Cherokee plays to win . M-East can't take Cherokee lightly. This is a Conference

game and winning is important to both teams. East has to do a better job when they

get in the red zone. Although M-E team is banged up ,they still have enough players

to be competitive and should pull out a win .

We have become so young so quick, I think they will play every game as if they have something to proove. The backfield of Howell,Johnson,blanton will be the one to watch for this year and the next 2.

I am wondering who is the runningback coach. Last friday, blanton kepted miss reading the blocking on the

sweep all night. If the defensive players is already outside,( 3 times jeff co. player was being blocked out)

you have to read the block and cut it up. I know he is young and will only get better. Blanton got great speed,

but he needs to work on reading his blocks better. Go Canes!

Note: plant that right foot and get north & south.

I am wondering who is the runningback coach. Last friday, blanton kepted miss reading the blocking on the

sweep all night. If the defensive players is already outside,( 3 times jeff co. player was being blocked out)

you have to read the block and cut it up. I know he is young and will only get better. Blanton got great speed,

but he needs to work on reading his blocks better. Go Canes!

Note: plant that right foot and get north & south.

I do agree. He has to be able to turn his speed into "football speed". I think it is just a learning process. I look for us to have a good offensive showing Friday. The "kids" want to get it done and the line is as cohesive as they have been all season. The D will play as they have in the first 3 games. They will give the O a chance to win.

Who will start the game, Barnett or Howell. I know both will play. Maybe coach Hatcher could use them

to run in plays. Go Canes! beat Cherokee

East wants this game bad . Three days of hard work has made a noticeable

improvement on both sides of the line. If this work carries over into Friday night

East will be hard to handle. I believe the East fans will be pleased with the

Friday night battle with Cherokee.

If Cherokee's linbackers(who are extremely atheletic) can fill their holes and follow their asignments, i think Cherokee can return to their old ways and play with a hard hitting stingy D...

East has both QB's ready for tonight. I believe the East offense will step it

up as the sophomore running backs are getting better each week. This game

may be decided by the defense. The offensive line has to do their job for four

quarters and not let up. I don't think this game will be decided by half time.

This is a conference game that East needs to win. East defense has to be

on their toes and not make critical mistakes .