Cherokee @ Morristown East

canefan72

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway you look at it Daniel Boone, Greenville and West (?) and if Cherokee wins tonight, could be tough for East. Notice West being the ? Who knows with them right now.

I believe East will "answerthebell" tonight and what happens later on remains

to be seen. The season is barely underway for East ---1-0. East should show

improvement each game provided the injury bug stays away. We will know at

the final whistle if East is getting better with experience.

I think they will win also, I was making the point they almost have to. The way this conference is shaping up, one can't afford a loss to a club not in the top 5.

What I believe to be the top 5 or 6 in no order.

Daniel Boone

Greenville

East

West

Volunteer , which has already hurt themselves by losing to Cocke Co.

MY point don't let Cherokee slip in.

Good luck

I think they will win also, I was making the point they almost have to. The way this conference is shaping up, one can't afford a loss to a club not in the top 5.

What I believe to be the top 5 or 6 in no order.

Daniel Boone

Greenville

East

West

Volunteer , which has already hurt themselves by losing to Cocke Co.

MY point don't let Cherokee slip in.

Good luck

Cherokee came down ready to play but ran into a fired up East team.

East defense kept Cherokee running East and West instead of North and

South. Outstanding defense tonight.

Both QB's played for East --T Howell (sophomore) had the hot hand piling

up yardage. J Hodge was the work horse for the Canes. Several sophomore

running backs showed their stuff blocking and toting the mail.

Offense and Defense are improving each game and hopefully this will

continue. Final score 26-0.

For our conference get the dice out and roll em. You will have better odds than trying to pick them. Best wishes to all our teams.

I agree whole heartedly! It seems it's that way every year. I think this shows how competitive the Five Rivers Conference really is.

I listened to the game on the internet last night and it sounded like the 'Cane D was huge. A shut out normally will reflect that but holding a team to -27 or so yards last night was really impressive. Especially with a team like Cherokee that plays tough EVERY game EVERY year.

The O seems to be a mirror image of last years team. The O really didn't seem to click last year until after the Crockett game and if memory serves correct, Johnny Hodge carried the load with some fantastic running in that game. Tee Howell is a VERY talented athlete. His father Paul was as well (football, basketball and baseball Class of 1988). I expect to see big things from him this year and the next couple of years. He plays ALOT bigger than the 185 pounds he is listed as.

Next week will be a huge challenge for the D with Fulton rolling in. They have an impressive offense year end and year out. If the D straps it on next week in practice and works hard they will be fine.

Keep working hard O, you are starting to come into your own. Good Homecoming win!

Go 'Canes!

I agree whole heartedly! It seems it's that way every year. I think this shows how competitive the Five Rivers Conference really is.

I listened to the game on the internet last night and it sounded like the 'Cane D was huge. A shut out normally will reflect that but holding a team to -27 or so yards last night was really impressive. Especially with a team like Cherokee that plays tough EVERY game EVERY year.

The O seems to be a mirror image of last years team. The O really didn't seem to click last year until after the Crockett game and if memory serves correct, Johnny Hodge carried the load with some fantastic running in that game. Tee Howell is a VERY talented athlete. His father Paul was as well (football, basketball and baseball Class of 1988). I expect to see big things from him this year and the next couple of years. He plays ALOT bigger than the 185 pounds he is listed as.

Next week will be a huge challenge for the D with Fulton rolling in. They have an impressive offense year end and year out. If the D straps it on next week in practice and works hard they will be fine.

Keep working hard O, you are starting to come into your own. Good Homecoming win!

East will get plenty of practice next week getting ready for Fulton. The running backs

need more practice reading the blocks on when to turn it up the field. The Fulton

game should be good for both teams as they get back to Conference games the

following week.

Tee H is a natural QB for the system East uses . East is getting better each week.

Experience plays a big part in a football game if you have speed and know how

to use it and play as a team.

Go 'Canes!