Harpeth or Hickman(who wins)

suicide6780

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks KS. I'm sorry you guys use different terms than I use. But I call the lanes on defense keeping your position. Always called it that as long as I remember. On defense you have to maintain your position and not get out of place to allow cut backs or misdirections. Now if you want to call it dumb, go ahead. But I know what I'm talking about.

Oh, by the way, far from short and skinny. Try 6'4" 270.

Thanks KS. I'm sorry you guys use different terms than I use. But I call the lanes on defense keeping your position. Always called it that as long as I remember. On defense you have to maintain your position and not get out of place to allow cut backs or misdirections. Now if you want to call it dumb, go ahead. But I know what I'm talking about.

Oh, by the way, far from short and skinny. Try 6'4" 270.

you are right Papa it is just that simple....if it were only just that simple....stop Sowell and the game is won....just that simple....we'll see if it happens.....

Stay in your lanes defense....stay in your lanes....nevermind those O-lineman blocking you stay in your lanes

You are definitely one of those guys on radio that make me shake my head....comments like those you made are the ones that show you "know" what you are talking about /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you are right Papa it is just that simple....if it were only just that simple....stop Sowell and the game is won....just that simple....we'll see if it happens.....

Stay in your lanes defense....stay in your lanes....nevermind those O-lineman blocking you stay in your lanes

You are definitely one of those guys on radio that make me shake my head....comments like those you made are the ones that show you "know" what you are talking about /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well first off, yes blocking does have a lot to do with it. I never said that. But if you don't stay in your lane or gap or area (whatever you want to call it), you are in danger of giving up the big play. Also, if you stay where you are susposed to and play hard, it's not a guarantee those O-lineman are going to be able to open the holes. Everyone has to keep their assignments for it to work. shake your head because probably you don't have the ability to think these things out the coaches have preached to their players for years and years. When you overplay, you generally get burned. That happened to Waverly a couple of times Friday night. Now was that the reason we lost? No. HC is better than we are this year. But whoever plays you, if they keep their position and block hard, good things will happen. Very few big plays happen and the chance of making you punt are greater.

Sowell is a great back, Villareal is a good compliment but neither are invincible.

See, Jane. See Spot run. Jane likes Spot. Is that simple enough?

Yep. Isn't gap responsibility the first thing they teach you on defense? That and the ends and corners holding their position and turning the play inside is fundamental run defense. It might not work every time, but it's the basis for stopping the run. Fill a gap, pursue the ball and gang tackle.

I think papatiger hit the nail on the head. That's the key for Harpeth to win the game. You still have to execute.

Yep. Isn't gap responsibility the first thing they teach you on defense? That and the ends and corners holding their position and turning the play inside is fundamental run defense. It might not work every time, but it's the basis for stopping the run. Fill a gap, pursue the ball and gang tackle.

I think papatiger hit the nail on the head. That's the key for Harpeth to win the game. You still have to execute.

thanks for making it Simple!!!!

Well, it's a simple game. On offense you make a hole and run through it. On defense you plug a hole and don't let anyone run through it. The team that executes the best wins.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Unfortunately this is sometimes like pulling teeth when you are outsized, slower, and weaker than the opposition. Swenson is a pretty good coach that has done an excellent job at HCHS since coming over from Huntingdon where he was the offensive coordinator for years under Mansfield.

Swenson & Loope know one another very well ksgovols. As I just stated Swenson was the offensive coordinator at Huntingdon for years under Coach Mansfield. Coach Loope was the defensive coordinator for years at Harpeth under Coach Winkler. Didn't Harpeth & Huntingdon play one another 4 TIMES in the playoffs ('97, '99, '01, & '03)??????

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Unfortunately this is sometimes like pulling teeth when you are outsized, slower, and weaker than the opposition. Swenson is a pretty good coach that has done an excellent job at HCHS since coming over from Huntingdon where he was the offensive coordinator for years under Mansfield.

Swenson & Loope know one another very well ksgovols. As I just stated Swenson was the offensive coordinator at Huntingdon for years under Coach Mansfield. Coach Loope was the defensive coordinator for years at Harpeth under Coach Winkler. Didn't Harpeth & Huntingdon play one another 4 TIMES in the playoffs ('97, '99, '01, & '03)??????

What was the score of those games??

I am sure the night in 97 when huntingdon threw the ball only 1 time in the game Harpeth did a great job of keeping their gap responsibility that night!!!

What was the score of those games??

I am sure the night in 97 when huntingdon threw the ball only 1 time in the game Harpeth did a great job of keeping their gap responsibility that night!!!

THat is truly funny comparing Hickman County to Huntingdon. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

THat is truly funny comparing Hickman County to Huntingdon. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Uhhhh, if you haven't seen them yet you may be surprised just how much they do compare.

Uhhhh, if you haven't seen them yet you may be surprised just how much they do compare.

If you think that this hickman county team compares to the Huntingdon team of those years you are nuts. Until Hickman wins the state they cannot be compared to those huntingdon teams. Especially the 2003 squad. I dont know if Harpeth has a shot but if they(hickman) are as good as you say they are then this will be a blow out.