Harpeth or Hickman(who wins)

suicide6780

How many of last years sophomores and juniors are this years juniors and seniors at HCHS? How many would you have lost if the school board had made everybody go where they were zoned? Those are 4A numbers for upperclassmen no matter how you slice it. The fact that you guys didn't fare very well in 4A doesn't change the numbers. I think Harpeth has 34 kids dressing out for football. 11 of those are freshmen. Some of those freshmen played alot of varsity minutes. Not excuses, just how it is for alot of rural public 2A schools. I think Hickman's upperclassman numbers are skewed and it will take a couple of years for things to even out. What part of that statement is false?

Someone from Hickman Co. would have to answer this but seems to me coach said they have six seniors on this years team. In the small rural school called Huntingdon we have less than 400 kids in school and usually have over 50 out for football. Your number thing is absolute nonsense and its an excuse. Now lets hear some more, just as I predicted.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of last years sophomores and juniors are this years juniors and seniors at HCHS? How many would you have lost if the school board had made everybody go where they were zoned? Those are 4A numbers for upperclassmen no matter how you slice it. The fact that you guys didn't fare very well in 4A doesn't change the numbers. I think Harpeth has 34 kids dressing out for football. 11 of those are freshmen. Some of those freshmen played alot of varsity minutes. Not excuses, just how it is for alot of rural public 2A schools. I think Hickman's upperclassman numbers are skewed and it will take a couple of years for things to even out. What part of that statement is false?

The way all the Harpeth folks have talked big on these posts all week, I thought surely you guys would bring more than maybe 50 fans to the game. Way to support your team on the road /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Bet the Bulldog nation that you like to dog so much travels better on the road. Look for a packed visiting section this week at Lawrence County. Good job Dawgs and keep on making believers out of these whiners.

And to hear you guys talk all week about your defense, I can't believe little ole Harpeth put 350 yards and 27 points up on you. I'll admit, you guys run the Veer about as good as I've seen it run and your offense is everything advertised. Your Achille's Heel in my opinion is your defense. Better outscore 'em.

DearoldDad, I don't remember mentioning Huntingdon or Lewis County for that matter, who both have a huge fan following and great football tradition. Rural 2A football in a closed zone at it's finest. I wish Harpeth's athletes would come out for football in greater numbers. We had 6 baseball players and 2 boys basketball players sign college scholarships last year. Went to state in baseball 2 years in a row and to the regions in basketball. Don't recall seeing you guys there. Some of those guys would probably have made fine football players as well. That sort of thing will come with success as will the fan following the Indians on the road.

Good luck to you all the rest of the season. I'd pay to see the Lewis County game. It'll probably be a barnburner.

you people kill me. stop trashing hickman co ! just let us enjoy this season. stop talkin about how we'll get ours in a couple years and blah blah blah. get over it all ! we've played some mighty tough teams these past few years-trust me i've been there and seen it all. we deserve to be back in 2A football and to have a so far undefeated season. i wish some of the boys from past seasons could be here to play right along with our boys. my boyfriend being one of them. all im trying to say is stop dogging on us for winning !!!

And to hear you guys talk all week about your defense, I can't believe little ole Harpeth put 350 yards and 27 points up on you. I'll admit, you guys run the Veer about as good as I've seen it run and your offense is everything advertised. Your Achille's Heel in my opinion is your defense. Better outscore 'em.

DearoldDad, I don't remember mentioning Huntingdon or Lewis County for that matter, who both have a huge fan following and great football tradition. Rural 2A football in a closed zone at it's finest. I wish Harpeth's athletes would come out for football in greater numbers. We had 6 baseball players and 2 boys basketball players sign college scholarships last year. Went to state in baseball 2 years in a row and to the regions in basketball. Don't recall seeing you guys there. Some of those guys would probably have made fine football players as well. That sort of thing will come with success as will the fan following the Indians on the road.

Good luck to you all the rest of the season. I'd pay to see the Lewis County game. It'll probably be a barnburner.

You speak correctly in your observation. We had the worst game we've had defensively(my opinion). I am not giving you any excuses, so please don't take it that way harpeth played well. One of our defensive powerhouses had some trouble physically the day of the game and was not able to play. It seemed that hurt more than I thought, perhaps the other boys didn't realize how much he was helping and didn't pick up where they needed. If that is the worst we play the rest of the season we will be fine. But, a win is a win,right?