Temple vs. Grace

Eaglemaniac

Just having more athletes in 1A makes a difference. This could really help Temple. Wish more of Grace's basketball players played both. Does Grace have to have them? No, but boy they would be even better with the likes of Herman, Church and others. So many kids feel they have to specialize in one sport, which is just not true and kills programs in small schools.

Hey fellows I believe pasture just jerking your chains. The basketball players at Temple are not coming out for football. I work with Sexton's dad and Jeremy is not coming out for football.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the outcome (predicting Grace will win is like predicting Rosie O'Donnel will go for seconds at the buffet), my expectation for the game is that Temple will score it's first touchdown of the year. 2 reasons I expect this: Grace is allowing 30 points per game, and Grace always brings out the best in Temple. When it happens, I'll be the goofy looking guy doing cartwheels at midfield. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

God's blessings on both teams.

Hey fellows I believe pasture just jerking your chains. The basketball players at Temple are not coming out for football. I work with Sexton's dad and Jeremy is not coming out for football.

Yeah just finished the game and sexton (James and Jeremy) and a bunch of other bball players were wearing jersys throwing the football around but not playing in the game. They joined the team. My cousin goes to school at temple and they have been begging every boy to play football.

Yeah just finished the game and sexton (James and Jeremy) and a bunch of other bball players were wearing jersys throwing the football around but not playing in the game. They joined the team. My cousin goes to school at temple and they have been begging every boy to play football.

If i were any of those basketball players i would stay as far away from the train wreck that is the Temple football team. No need to risk getting hurt and ruining a chance to atleast compete in basketball.

The coaches and administration should be ashamed of themselves if this meeting asking more players to come out and play happened.

My post-game thoughts:

1. Grace has a really good kicker

2. #5 for Grace is a tough runner

3. Was happy to see Coach Marcum in action for the first time. If the kids develop his intensity and desire to win they're gonna be fun to watch.

4. Grace had a ton of penalties

5. Temple's drum line rocks

6. Some of Temple's players were tackling scared.

7. Despite all the negatives, I'm proud to be a Crusader.

Forget the outcome (predicting Grace will win is like predicting Rosie O'Donnel will go for seconds at the buffet), my expectation for the game is that Temple will score it's first touchdown of the year. 2 reasons I expect this: Grace is allowing 30 points per game, and Grace always brings out the best in Temple. When it happens, I'll be the goofy looking guy doing cartwheels at midfield. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

God's blessings on both teams.

Nice Call

Wasn't this supposed to be one of the few games that they could put an offensive score on the board in....

Nice Call

Wasn't this supposed to be one of the few games that they could put an offensive score on the board in....

Temple had them right where they wanted them, but in the second half the clock malfunctioned and never stopped running. If Temple hadn't run out of time they would have easily scored several TD's. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Dadoffour, you would have to be proud to be a Crusader after that one tonight, and the one last week, and the one before that and the one before that. I am hoping these young lads get in the win column this season.

Thanks for your support. A win would be nice (so would a touchdown), but I'm just hoping for improvement and continued resilience.