Cowboys Up

Conservative writer George Will compared Thompson to "New Coke" in his editorial linked here:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/...ampaign_ne.html

Fred Thompson's plunge into the presidential pool -- more belly-flop than swan dive -- was the strangest product launch since that of New Coke in 1985. Then the question was: Is this product necessary? A similar question stumped Thompson the day he plunged.

He also is unfamiliar with the details of his own positions. Consider his confusion the next day when talk radio host Laura Ingraham asked him about something he ardently supported -- the McCain-Feingold expansion of government regulation of political speech. His rambling, incoherent explanation was just clear enough to be alarming about what he believes, misremembers and does not know.

Thompson said he had advocated McCain-Feingold to prevent, among other things, corporations and labor unions from "giving large sums of money to individual politicians." But corporate and union contributions to individual candidates were outlawed in 1907 and 1947, respectively.

Most lamely, Thompson takes credit for McCain-Feingold doubling the amount of "hard money" an individual can give to a candidate, which he says reduces the advantages of incumbency. But that is absurd: Most hard money flows to incumbents.

Conservative writer George Will compared Thompson to "New Coke" in his editorial linked here:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/...ampaign_ne.html

Fred Thompson's plunge into the presidential pool -- more belly-flop than swan dive -- was the strangest product launch since that of New Coke in 1985. Then the question was: Is this product necessary? A similar question stumped Thompson the day he plunged.

He also is unfamiliar with the details of his own positions. Consider his confusion the next day when talk radio host Laura Ingraham asked him about something he ardently supported -- the McCain-Feingold expansion of government regulation of political speech. His rambling, incoherent explanation was just clear enough to be alarming about what he believes, misremembers and does not know.

Thompson said he had advocated McCain-Feingold to prevent, among other things, corporations and labor unions from "giving large sums of money to individual politicians." But corporate and union contributions to individual candidates were outlawed in 1907 and 1947, respectively.

Most lamely, Thompson takes credit for McCain-Feingold doubling the amount of "hard money" an individual can give to a candidate, which he says reduces the advantages of incumbency. But that is absurd: Most hard money flows to incumbents.

Well, if anyone here understands rambling and incoherant, it is you.....jabs went on for days.

Hows the old man?

No, I asked how the old man was.....How is he?

I'm fine! Thanks for asking! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

And to answer your immortal question, in this case, Jabbo would simply try to stay on topic - something you're obviously not comfortable with when someone disagrees with you (especially when it's a truly respectable conservative like George Will) or posts something that threatens your political house of cards that you've built on the warm sandy beaches of your mind, so you once again resort to the only thing you have. You're just plain pathetic Dander! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm fine! Thanks for asking! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

And to answer your immortal question, in this case, Jabbo would simply try to stay on topic - something you're obviously not comfortable with when someone disagrees with you (especially when it's a truly respectable conservative like George Will) or posts something that threatens your political house of cards that you've built on the warm sandy beaches of your mind, so you once again resort to the only thing you have. You're just plain pathetic Dander! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

jabs, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here...... I was not totally clear in my old man comment...I'll fix that later. I did not comment on George Will, I simply stated that she should understand rambling and incoherant. Then I asked about her old man.

Comprehension skills is not a strong point for CU.....Since you stated you are her old man, I have trouble believing you haven't figured that out by now.

Hey CU, how is your husband?

jabs, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here...... I was not totally clear in my old man comment...I'll fix that later. I did not comment on George Will, I simply stated that she should understand rambling and incoherant. Then I asked about her old man.

Comprehension skills is not a strong point for CU.....Since you stated you are her old man, I have trouble believing you haven't figured that out by now.

Hey CU, how is your husband?

Ah yes....instead of talking rationally about this thread, you want to turn it into another one of your moral crusades, like you did the one on your Republican buddy Craig. Let's talk about the thread, Dander - if you want to talk about morality or ask about CU's old man you should start a new thread. Ya know, there are rules concerning posting on this board that you routinely violate - go here and read them: http://tennessee.coacht.com/article.cfm?id=252

Now, back to the thread!

So Dander, what do you think about George Will's comments?

Announcements