cannon co. vs dekalb co

Gridiron88

I live in Smith Co about 15 miles from Dekalb High. On a calm night you can hear them singing a song to Cannon. Heeeey......................hey...... baby. I want to knoooow........If you Will be my girl. Keeps me awake at night. Please get this game over with. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both teams play this year. Dekalb in a scrimmage, Cannon last week in a regular season game for my alma mater's homecoming. I think Cannon Co. has a determined football team this season. Young is a good elusive back that has some wheels when he gets a crease. Dekalb is a fairly decent football team as well. I think this will be another nail biter for Cannon Co.. I give the edge to Cannon Co. because it sounds like they have some good experience this season in how to play in close games. They win this one by 7. Cannon Co. will get to spoil Dekalb's homecoming like they almost did to Westmoreland's last week. I wanted to tell coach Barger what a good job he was doing after the game, but looked like he was too busy talking to the paper and to his team. Amazing how he has turned around Cannon's entire frame of mind. Most the time they have 3 or 4 fumbles in the first quarter and the game is over, not this year. He has really eliminated some of the silly mistakes that plagued the team in the past.

I have seen both teams play this year. Dekalb in a scrimmage, Cannon last week in a regular season game for my alma mater's homecoming. I think Cannon Co. has a determined football team this season. Young is a good elusive back that has some wheels when he gets a crease. Dekalb is a fairly decent football team as well. I think this will be another nail biter for Cannon Co.. I give the edge to Cannon Co. because it sounds like they have some good experience this season in how to play in close games. They win this one by 7. Cannon Co. will get to spoil Dekalb's homecoming like they almost did to Westmoreland's last week. I wanted to tell coach Barger what a good job he was doing after the game, but looked like he was too busy talking to the paper and to his team. Amazing how he has turned around Cannon's entire frame of mind. Most the time they have 3 or 4 fumbles in the first quarter and the game is over, not this year. He has really eliminated some of the silly mistakes that plagued the team in the past.

As far as the skill postions go I don't think Dekalb can match Cannon. and physically its pretty even. This game will come down to if Cannon is still down from that one-point loss to westmoreland, or if they decied to take out their flustration on Dekalb and ruin their homecoming. I think Cannon County wins by 14. they have played well this year and could easily be 3-1 or arguably 4-0.