Smyrna (3-2) Vs. Gallatin (2-2)

seantn_4

ok lou (lou holtz)

Just kidding

I know gallatin lost a ton of seniors last year and while I haved a ton of repsect for gallatin the truth is if smyrna plays their game they should win.

Sonny Gray is 100% and is throwing the ball great. I will bet he will have more than 85 yards friday night and that Wilkes will not drop 4 balls again.

I know the folks in Gallatin wouldn't have it any other way and as much as they love football actually want to see the best players. Watch Gray in warm ups and you will see he has a cannon.

What can we expect from Gallatin? I know they have a mobile qb and run lots of sets trying to get the defense mis aligned.

And as for good players well ------- jamison link beat us by himself one year!!

Hard to say what kind of offense you will see most. Multiple sets is probably correct. We have gone to a shotgun 95% of the time offense. Sometimes its one back sometimes 2 sometimes there is a fullback back there. We have thrown more this year but that might have been because of neccessity. Nobody has blazing speed but the wideouts all can catch the ball. Right now there is no "go-to guy". Everybody has gotten the ball thrown their way. On defense we run a 4-3. But there again we have no standout players. Tackles are pretty evenly dispersed. We don't possess great size either. I think that the only area that Gallatin would have a definite advantage is in the kicking game. Ingham, our kicker, is real good. So far this year he has only not kicked the ball in the endzone once. He has hit several from 40+ with his long being a 47yrd. If Gallatin can control the clock and not let the score get out of hand then we have a chance. If ya'll score 21 or more then Gallatin is in trouble. Moral victories don't put w's in the column so I want to win but I do think it is a daunting task ahead of the Green Wave.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poor ole gallatin is gonna come out hard... me being a long time supporter of the green wave, i think that no one needs to dictate the score of two teams that will obviously prepare greatly for each other. Gallatin put down glencliff. is it because glencliff was not a good opponent? Or was it because the green wave finally found team unity. If the wave wins, it is because the other team was sorry. If they lose, then that is because the wave is sorry. I sre hope both teams come out hard. because both teams are gonna need it. Maybe if the wave wins most of the fair weather ghs fans will shut up and start supporting the boys in uniform

I'm 100% sure every wave fan who walks through the entrance to the pit supports every boy in uniform on that field!!! You never know what may happen in High School Football, The opposing team plays with 11 kids on each side of the ball just as we do! GO BIG G, we support you 100% WIN or LOSE. P.S. You can't win state every year!!!

82cat,

Glad to have Smyrna back on the schedule. Always enjoyed watching Wolke, Johnson & crew. Glad to hear Gray is at 100%. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Having said that...Smyrna should win this game, but maybe with a little of that Green Wave magic, we can make a game of it. As I see it, win or lose, it will only help our young team. After this week, it's all Region 5.

Welcome back Bulldogs & GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm 100% sure every wave fan who walks through the entrance to the pit supports every boy in uniform on that field!!! You never know what may happen in High School Football, The opposing team plays with 11 kids on each side of the ball just as we do! GO BIG G, we support you 100% WIN or LOSE. P.S. You can't win state every year!!!

First of all how can you say that everyone that walks through that gate support us 100%. Who do you pick to win this game? And why are people saing they are gallatin fans if they pick smyrna to win. They should pick us to win no matter how good the opposing team is. The so called supports say that our season is down they drain or whatever they say about us, they can either turn their tickets in or shutup and watch the game without having a negative attitude about every little thing that might go wrong.

First of all how can you say that everyone that walks through that gate support us 100%. Who do you pick to win this game? And why are people saing they are gallatin fans if they pick smyrna to win. They should pick us to win no matter how good the opposing team is. The so called supports say that our season is down they drain or whatever they say about us, they can either turn their tickets in or shutup and watch the game without having a negative attitude about every little thing that might go wrong.

If you are on the team, then take your anger toward the posters and use it as motivation. There is and always has been high expectations at Gallatin. The people that come to the games do support Gallatin. Picking against a team does not mean a person does not support that team, it only means that they are taking information they have and making a pick. It is an opinion. If everyone picked their team each week, then there would be no need in these boards. Like I said, use it as motivation. I was on a team in 1989 that a reporter said would not be a factor in the play-offs that year. We as a team and as a community used that statement as motivation. Our banner that we ran through the night of the state championship said "Factor This." keep working hard and do not put too much effort in getting angry at the posters. Use that energy to help make Gallatin Football dominant.

This is odd.

The only posters on this thread questioning i how good or bad Gallatin is are all Gallatin posters?

Gallatin due to their tradition will get every teams attention and best shot regardless of how others see them.

I can assure you Smyrna expects to play a very very good gallatin team in a great atmosphere.

In a way your tradition almost assures you cant fly under anybodies radar. Lincoln County ( whom has fallen way down) still has teams showing up pumped to play in the pit against a state chamionship type team.

Gallatin is no where near LC but I think it makes my point

I said it back in the spring this team will have to want to win and have the desire to work hard to win. The determination of the Wave can never be down that is where you lose. It will take a perfect game to beat Smyrna and that may not do it just because of atheticism but don't quit before you start. Many fans in the stands on BOTH sides of the stadium are pulling for a Green Wave victory.

This could be a game that either propels the Wave into confidence with a victory or prepares them for the meat of the schedule. Either way it will be a good game to be played.

So over the last 12 years Smyrna has had 3 QB's is that correct or close. If so who is the 8th grader that will get the QB1 next year.

If you are a player on this team, it sounds like to me you are already giving up on the season. Goal #1 = Win Region you guys are 2-0 in region play. You could easily win region, beat Hunters Lane and Hendersonville and its pretty much a done deal! Goal #2 = Make Playoffs you do this in your region play. So, Lebanon and Mt. Juliet losses matter none whatsoever. Get your heads together and play hardnosed Green Wave football, thats all you have to do!!!!!!!!

If you are a player on this team, it sounds like to me you are already giving up on the season. Goal #1 = Win Region you guys are 2-0 in region play. You could easily win region, beat Hunters Lane and Hendersonville and its pretty much a done deal! Goal #2 = Make Playoffs you do this in your region play. So, Lebanon and Mt. Juliet losses matter none whatsoever. Get your heads together and play hardnosed Green Wave football, thats all you have to do!!!!!!!!

I dont see how you came up with "it sounds like to me you are already giving up"

Gonna be a great night for football!! Nobody from Smyrna and very few from Gallatin think that the Green Wave will win this ballgame. I hope that this is used as a motivation for this game. This group of Gallatin players need to look down deep and realize that win or lose they are apart of the Gallatin tradition. Listen to what 82cat has been saying all week. Smyrna knows if they don't come out ready to play a tough ballgame then they will lose. Beating Gallatin means something. I hope that when they step out on the field that they know every stitch of green and gold on all those people (and I mean thousands ) are meant to pull for that team. I heard tonight a group of players talking about how they couldn't wait for tommorrow night. Why? Because stepping out on that field is special. Nothing would please me more than to talk about how the Green Wave beat the defending state champion. Point is that just walking on the field won't win the game. Smyrna is coming up here to win this game and make a statement while doing it. We just have to find someway to pull it out. I will be cheering and clapping all I can...that is all I can do.

Lassiter was really impressed with Jeremiah Bryson on the coaches show today. He also praised the Smyrna defense cat. So they are not as unheralded as you think.

Lets see if these Bulldogs can swim.....Lets Roll Green Wave Lets Roll!!!!!