Smyrna (3-2) Vs. Gallatin (2-2)

seantn_4

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a player on this team, it sounds like to me you are already giving up on the season. Goal #1 = Win Region you guys are 2-0 in region play. You could easily win region, beat Hunters Lane and Hendersonville and its pretty much a done deal! Goal #2 = Make Playoffs you do this in your region play. So, Lebanon and Mt. Juliet losses matter none whatsoever. Get your heads together and play hardnosed Green Wave football, thats all you have to do!!!!!!!!

How can you say that it sounds to you that i am already giving up on the season by saying that some people that walk through our gate is picking against us or doubting us this season. That sounds nowhere near close to giving up. No i havent im just tired of some people saying that we are going to have a down year. And we are getting our heads together and starting to play hardnose football. Dont you think that all that stuff has gone through are heads. But we will think about all that when the time comes but i havent given up. Thats letting down my teammates and i dont do that.

This could be a statement game for Smyrna or one to get Gallatin back firmly on the football map amongst the upper echelon of their class. Expect Smyrna to start to click in the second half after a lackluster first 12 minutes. Gallatin has a strong tradition and, yes, beating the state champs would be great but Gray's heart is fun to watch and it's easy to see why VU jumped all over him. I'll guess Smyrna by 18. Can't wait to see it though. Where is Murphy Fair going to be Friday night?

How can you say that it sounds to you that i am already giving up on the season by saying that some people that walk through our gate is picking against us or doubting us this season. That sounds nowhere near close to giving up. No i havent im just tired of some people saying that we are going to have a down year. And we are getting our heads together and starting to play hardnose football. Dont you think that all that stuff has gone through are heads. But we will think about all that when the time comes but i havent given up. Thats letting down my teammates and i dont do that.

[/quoe]

Thats good to hear! I will be there tonight rooting you on! We believe you can win, so drown the bulldogs, dog!!!!!

Well, as we all know the time has finally come. Time to see if your picks are right or wrong. We will play hardnose football like we have been saying. But if you come to the game, you will see a good one. We arent worried about what smyrna did last year, thats the past. We are focused on now, the present. Yea they have some athletic players but they are human they can be stopped. So to all you fans have the faith like we know yall have and come out to the waveyard and cheer on us boys in uniform.

Well, as we all know the time has finally come. Time to see if your picks are right or wrong. We will play hardnose football like we have been saying. But if you come to the game, you will see a good one. We arent worried about what smyrna did last year, thats the past. We are focused on now, the present. Yea they have some athletic players but they are human they can be stopped. So to all you fans have the faith like we know yall have and come out to the waveyard and cheer on us boys in uniform.

You are right. The time has come. Boys, get out there and fight. Fans, be loud like Gallatins fans should be. It is going to be an exciting night. I can't wait to see the wave play football back at home again. GOOD LUCK BOYS

Beautiful defensive stand by Gallatin to start the game followed by the prettiest drive this year for the score. Then it all fell apart. Wilkes looked incredible catching everything thrown his way. Gray looked good but definitely was playing hurt. He favored his shoulder alot. Jeremiah Bryson ran hard and unfortunately will be a name we here alot of in the future. No contest with Wilkes being a vaccuum. Final Smyrna 45 Gallatin 14.

Loved the first drive by Gallatin mixing it up very well. I thought Boo was off throwing the ball and probably was pulling the ball down a little too fast to run. He just missed a wide open Wright in the endzone. Didn't think Holder got the ball in the flat like he should have but he blocked very well. Defense still needs work on the tackling. Lots of broken tackles and arm tackles. Overall I thought the defense was in a good position but just couldn't make the big play.

Good sportsmanship shown by both sides as well. I just wished I would have seen more anger at being beat that bad by the team. I don't like it when Gallatin acts like it is OK to get beat by 31 at home. That "ho hum" attitude is not Green Wave style. We definitely need more fire and less expecting mediocrity. Hope we find that or we will be sitting home come week 10.

Beautiful defensive stand by Gallatin to start the game followed by the prettiest drive this year for the score. Then it all fell apart. Wilkes looked incredible catching everything thrown his way. Gray looked good but definitely was playing hurt. He favored his shoulder alot. Jeremiah Bryson ran hard and unfortunately will be a name we here alot of in the future. No contest with Wilkes being a vaccuum. Final Smyrna 45 Gallatin 14.

Loved the first drive by Gallatin mixing it up very well. I thought Boo was off throwing the ball and probably was pulling the ball down a little too fast to run. He just missed a wide open Wright in the endzone. Didn't think Holder got the ball in the flat like he should have but he blocked very well. Defense still needs work on the tackling. Lots of broken tackles and arm tackles. Overall I thought the defense was in a good position but just couldn't make the big play.

Good sportsmanship shown by both sides as well. I just wished I would have seen more anger at being beat that bad by the team. I don't like it when Gallatin acts like it is OK to get beat by 31 at home. That "ho hum" attitude is not Green Wave style. We definitely need more fire and less expecting mediocrity. Hope we find that or we will be sitting home come week 10.

GWave..I'll agree with most of what you said but the fire was there from the D late in the game. Not once did they play like they were out of the game. The intensity and hits that Gray took late in the 3rd quarter were not push downs. On his last TD to Wilkes Gleaves flat laid him out. I was amazed that he was able to get up. It was a viscious decleater. If Gallatin plays (and after the last 2 weeks I expect nothing less) with the same intensity and desire I think they will do good the rest of the season. Not going to give a prediction thats up to the team as to how they want to finish.

Smyrna thanks for the game. Winning is the name of the game and you guys gave great effort. The FRESHMAN TB looks like a Sr. how do you guys keep coming up with all these stud freshmen every few years. The fans that sat close by me were very nice, polite and respectful. A classy group of fans no doubt. Gray is the real deal thats the 1st time I got to see him live in a game. Should be called JOE COOL, he just didn't get rattled and you could tell it was his team. Good luck the rest of the season and thanks for the experience.

Gallatin keep up that NO QUIT attitude absolutely loved it. I was as pumped at the end of the game as I was at the 1st. Thanks for the team effort. Nothing to hang you heads down about at all. Get reaady for Antioch they will be in Gallatin real soon.