lewis co at waverly

Fire Walker 1985

Great job Tigers. Got a few guys back. Coach Graves went with a freshman qb and all underclass line tonight just to swap things up. Lewis scores on a blocked punt first series and scored two more times with a short field. Tigers held the Panthers to 7 in the second half. And before you guys get on here talking, LC starters stayed in until 4 minutes to go in the game and at the same time, Waverly put more subs in. 28-0, not too bad. Not a win, but not bad.

Waverly has struggled because of injuries all year, but going into tonight the teams they had played had lost a total of 4 games between them. Probably the toughest schedule in the state in AA.

But I hate to break it to LC, the best team we have played so far this year is Hickman County.

PAPA, there is nothing wrong with supporting your team but state facts, they scored 0-pts and panthers had subs in with 8min in the 3rd qtr. we could have run the score to 50- but sharp is to nice. your team has definitely had an down season but don't try to say waverly was subbing against starters. and the only highlight was a fake punt on your side, we had 3 td's called back in the 3 qtr. in a row . you make to many excuses for the team and it makes your entire team and town look bad, and like a bunch of whiners... and those short runs like greves 40yds and the short field was from the lack of production from your offense leaving us on short field.. we never attempted to run the score up and could have,

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Tigers. Got a few guys back. Coach Graves went with a freshman qb and all underclass line tonight just to swap things up. Lewis scores on a blocked punt first series and scored two more times with a short field. Tigers held the Panthers to 7 in the second half. And before you guys get on here talking, LC starters stayed in until 4 minutes to go in the game and at the same time, Waverly put more subs in. 28-0, not too bad. Not a win, but not bad.

Waverly has struggled because of injuries all year, but going into tonight the teams they had played had lost a total of 4 games between them. Probably the toughest schedule in the state in AA.

But I hate to break it to LC, the best team we have played so far this year is Hickman County.

Toughest scedule in AA???? You are outside your mind!

According to this site, Waverly is 3rd in strength of schedule. Not quite sure how that is computed, but maybe because the teams that are beating Waverly are also winning their games.

Try playing Father Ryan, ECS, Ensworth, Goodpasture and DCA. with a total record of 28-1 and the one loss was to CPA, then someone will listen to your reasoning. Too bad Waverly is down with injuries but not sure a healthy team would be in the mix for the playoffs this year. Maybe next year they can. Good Luck the rest of the way.

LCHS is undefeated......but the level of competition is down so the teams they have won against is hard to tell how good they are.......the only test they have had is against 1A school (MT. Pleasant and Wayne) which they did well , but that is expected. I believe they might have a test next week...which they should win, but at least be pushed alittle. Their offense looks to be starting to get into the stage they had at the end of last year.....it just didn't show up.

I don't know if the young men are being pushed to hard and are getting tired already, but with the last 2 games it hasn't been up to par. They better get fresh legs or find the offense before Hickman.....or it could be a disappointment waiting for them.

As far as Waverly game....they did what was expected.....WIN!!!!!! It could have been worse.....but I doubt 50 could have be put up. Waverly does have a great band. Hope waverly came out of the game healthy. They do have some talent.....young but you could see flashes of it every so often. Good luck to Both LCHS and WHS the rest of the year.

PAPA, there is nothing wrong with supporting your team but state facts, they scored 0-pts and panthers had subs in with 8min in the 3rd qtr. we could have run the score to 50- but sharp is to nice. your team has definitely had an down season but don't try to say waverly was subbing against starters. and the only highlight was a fake punt on your side, we had 3 td's called back in the 3 qtr. in a row . you make to many excuses for the team and it makes your entire team and town look bad, and like a bunch of whiners... and those short runs like greves 40yds and the short field was from the lack of production from your offense leaving us on short field.. we never attempted to run the score up and could have,

No, LC couldn't have put up 50 last night. I don't know what game you guys were watching but we made a point last night on radio that we specifically looked last night with 4 minutes to go, both of us in the booth, and all the starters were in for both teams.Also, in the interview with Waverly's coach after the game we talked about it and he agreed, the starters for LCHS were in until the last drive. Sorry, guys, you might not like my opinion, but I'm gonna give it just like you do.Now, LCHS does have a much better team than Waverly, but about 28 points is about right. Good luck the rest of the year LCHS, hope you have no more injuries.

According to this site, Waverly is 3rd in strength of schedule. Not quite sure how that is computed, but maybe because the teams that are beating Waverly are also winning their games.Try playing Father Ryan, ECS, Ensworth, Goodpasture and DCA. with a total record of 28-1 and the one loss was to CPA, then someone will listen to your reasoning. Too bad Waverly is down with injuries but not sure a healthy team would be in the mix for the playoffs this year. Maybe next year they can. Good Luck the rest of the way.

I said one of the toughest schedules and I think 3rd is pretty tough, huh?

PaPa......not to create an arguement, but LCHS was subbing alittle earlier than that, just look alittle closer at the numbers and you will see them changing slowly. I'm not saying wholesale changes, but coach sharp was starting to sprinkle some of the young ones in earlier. For instance.....the punt returner (didn't get a good enough kick off to him) was a true freshman......also look at the beginning of the game and you will see differant numbers showing up much earlier. At the end was your sophmores and freshman mainly in, that was the group that took the knee down instead of trying to score.

I do agree......I don' t think they could have scored 50 either. I still can't believe what I'm seeing .......waverly being so far down........I certainly had them picked to be in the playoffs, but I also thought Fairview would to, what a strange year!~

PaPa......not to create an arguement, but LCHS was subbing alittle earlier than that, just look alittle closer at the numbers and you will see them changing slowly. I'm not saying wholesale changes, but coach sharp was starting to sprinkle some of the young ones in earlier. For instance.....the punt returner (didn't get a good enough kick off to him) was a true freshman......also look at the beginning of the game and you will see differant numbers showing up much earlier. At the end was your sophmores and freshman mainly in, that was the group that took the knee down instead of trying to score.

I do agree......I don' t think they could have scored 50 either. I still can't believe what I'm seeing .......waverly being so far down........I certainly had them picked to be in the playoffs, but I also thought Fairview would to, what a strange year!~

Statpack, I can't believe they have done this badly either. But a lot of that had to do with the injuries we have had. Now saying that, they still wouldn't be undefeated or anything like that, but I believe they would have won a couple of those games they lost.

Against LCHS, Coach Graves started a freshman qb for the first time this year and did whole sale changes on the line starting all underclassman. That too has a lot to do with this year. We only have 7 seniors and some of them don't play or are hurt. So the future is bright for WCHS but just not this year. Good luck to LCHS the rest of the year.

No, LC couldn't have put up 50 last night. I don't know what game you guys were watching but we made a point last night on radio that we specifically looked last night with 4 minutes to go, both of us in the booth, and all the starters were in for both teams.Also, in the interview with Waverly's coach after the game we talked about it and he agreed, the starters for LCHS were in until the last drive. Sorry, guys, you might not like my opinion, but I'm gonna give it just like you do.Now, LCHS does have a much better team than Waverly, but about 28 points is about right. Good luck the rest of the year LCHS, hope you have no more injuries.I said one of the toughest schedules and I think 3rd is pretty tough, huh?

I am sorry but this is simply not factual. I just watched the film again and unless you think that Moon, Riley, Wright and Sherman playing in the backfield through the whole fourth quarter constitutes the whole starting backfield for Lewis County, then it is simply not correct.

In addition, two D-lineman and two linebackers went in with 3:50 remaining in the third quarter. This was the occasion of the first substitutions for LC. More followed on almost each play after that. I can see it with my eyes, right now. I guess the film could have been doctored?

Not that it amounts to anything but the truth is the truth and there is the truth.

No, LC couldn't have put up 50 last night. I don't know what game you guys were watching but we made a point last night on radio that we specifically looked last night with 4 minutes to go, both of us in the booth, and all the starters were in for both teams.Also, in the interview with Waverly's coach after the game we talked about it and he agreed, the starters for LCHS were in until the last drive. Sorry, guys, you might not like my opinion, but I'm gonna give it just like you do.Now, LCHS does have a much better team than Waverly, but about 28 points is about right. Good luck the rest of the year LCHS, hope you have no more injuries.I said one of the toughest schedules and I think 3rd is pretty tough, huh?

paapa , desperation has set in, lol ..My son was a starter along with ryan greve, chuck dodson, kane crowell, harley delineand dakota crews and several line man.. i was watching those boys in the 3rd standing on the side lines in a huddle laughing and celebrating while the 2nd string convinced you and the other dude they were starters... peace out!!