Jefferson County vs Cocke

JC4life

that 98 game ricky ran for like 300 and 5tds. second best personal performance i saw. second to his 400 yard 6td performance that same yr vs WB.

Upton ran for 356 yards that game but Cocke County had over 400 rushing for a team total and had three backs over 100 yards. CC won in the last minute on a 96 yard drive. It was a great game. Lot of offense that night.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upton ran for 356 yards that game but Cocke County had over 400 rushing for a team total and had three backs over 100 yards. CC won in the last minute on a 96 yard drive. It was a great game. Lot of offense that night.

The fall of '98 was an awesome game. I was a DE and Upton was bigger than me. Needless to say, he ran all over us. I was thinking that he had closer to 350 yards. We had 2 really good running backs in our backfield too: Bubba White and Dan Hammonds. I think our QB Jason Grimes was the 3rd guy with 100+ yards rushing. Ahhh, the good ole days....

The fall of '98 was an awesome game. I was a DE and Upton was bigger than me. Needless to say, he ran all over us. I was thinking that he had closer to 350 yards. We had 2 really good running backs in our backfield too: Bubba White and Dan Hammonds. I think our QB Jason Grimes was the 3rd guy with 100+ yards rushing. Ahhh, the good ole days....

Ol Bubba, he is one the fastest white boys I know, good guy too.

That game may have had the most combined talent that this rivalry has ever seen.

It must have been less than 356, from tssaa.org...

Most Rushing Yards in a Game - Individual

477 Jack Keisling Livingston Academy vs. Gordonsville 1948

439 Demetrius Bracey Union City vs. West Carroll October 27, 2006

427 Chad Jordan Bruceton Central vs. South Fulton September 15, 2006

402 Ryan Helton Claiborne vs. Pigeon Forge October 26, 2006

401 John Harlin Battle Ground Academy vs. Pope John Paul II October 3, 2003

382 Terrence Holt Maplewood vs. Tullahoma September 15, 2005

362 Andre Flowers Dyer County vs. Obion County September 15, 2006

359 Blake Foster Ooltewah vs. Chattanooga Central September 13, 2002

357 Antone Cunningham Gibson County vs. Obion County September 9, 2005

354 Aaron Cothran Fairview vs. Harpeth October 18, 2002

Bolded for emphasis, because an over achieving JCHS defense shut him down in the 2002. Glory Days.

It must have been less than 356, from tssaa.org...

Most Rushing Yards in a Game - Individual

477 Jack Keisling Livingston Academy vs. Gordonsville 1948

439 Demetrius Bracey Union City vs. West Carroll October 27, 2006

427 Chad Jordan Bruceton Central vs. South Fulton September 15, 2006

402 Ryan Helton Claiborne vs. Pigeon Forge October 26, 2006

401 John Harlin Battle Ground Academy vs. Pope John Paul II October 3, 2003

382 Terrence Holt Maplewood vs. Tullahoma September 15, 2005

362 Andre Flowers Dyer County vs. Obion County September 15, 2006

359 Blake Foster Ooltewah vs. Chattanooga Central September 13, 2002

357 Antone Cunningham Gibson County vs. Obion County September 9, 2005

354 Aaron Cothran Fairview vs. Harpeth October 18, 2002

Bolded for emphasis, because an over achieving JCHS defense shut him down in the 2002. Glory Days.

ole coach kisabeth must have not reported the stats to the tssaa that game. i was there, he hit for over 400 and had 6tds. i remember riding back with my parents and girlfriend and listening to the radio announcers go crazy over it. in playing i knew he had a lot of yards, but had no idea it was 400 until i heard that on the drive home. i'm sure my mom has the Banner clipping tucked away somewhere; i'll track it down. any one have some evidence from the internet?? reese??

Mudd bowl!!!!!!!!!

The game had worse weather I`ve ever seen, rain just coming down in buckets, I swear whatever storm system it was must have just stopped over Ooltewah. Shutting down Blake is a bit of an overstatement, we slowed him down compared to what he had been doing but I believe he still finished with around 200yds of total offense, big ol Jakeem and "give em he!!" Dale Wofle just kept hitting him till he didn`t want it anymore. It would have been scary to see him on a good field, of course the same can be said of our offense that year.