Red Bank @ Boyd Buchanan

reaction

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The young lads from BB kept in closer than I expected. In the end Red Bank was too strong for Boyd.

Got a pretty good analysis from a reliable source about the game since I couldn't make it.

Heard Boyd moved the ball pretty well until they got to around the Red Bank 30 yard line then the drives stalled out all night. Had a field goal blocked. Red Banks first scoring drive resulted in 30 yards of penalties, including an INT that was called pass interference. Heard Red Bank tried to throw it all over us, but we did a better job than they probably thought defending there passing attack. With a little more offensive power we could of made it closer, or possibly made it a good ball game but Red Bank is a good team and can not just run on a team like that.

Quick game report for those that couldn't be there: Red Bank earned 10 points on their own and looked impressive doing it. INT's set up short field scores or killed Boyd drives in the red zone (one INT at the Red Bank 1.) 1 blocked FG and a long missed FG (by inches) kept Red Bank pumped up. Game was really close for a long time, but Boyd just didn't finish drives. Defense did everything they could except grow taller to defend Bedford (he is AMAZING.)

Overall not a bad game to watch until late. Red Bank sputtered a bit on offense and Boyd played strong D or the score would have been much worse.

Very proud of the Bucs in last night's game. Game momentum could have easily shifted in the Bucs favor with the interception that was nullified by a very weak interference call, and a no-call on defensive holding near the Red Bank end zone. If those calls are in BBS favor, it would have likely been a 14 point swing.

Oh well...that's the way it goes. The Bucs still competed with Red Bank better than most expected them to. There's not a team left on their schedule that they can't beat. Standing toe-to-toe with the very talented RB players for most of the evening should build their confidence for the rest of the season.

I'm sure Daniels was ticked that RB didn't put more points on the board against Boyd. He kept trying late in the 4th quarter, just like he did last year when Boyd kept it close through 3 quarters. Good to see our Bucs didn't back down throughout the game. I hope he didn't sleep much last night.

(P.S. Go Brainerd!)

Very proud of the Bucs in last night's game. Game momentum could have easily shifted in the Bucs favor with the interception that was nullified by a very weak interference call, and a no-call on defensive holding near the Red Bank end zone. If those calls are in BBS favor, it would have likely been a 14 point swing.

Oh well...that's the way it goes. The Bucs still competed with Red Bank better than most expected them to. There's not a team left on their schedule that they can't beat. Standing toe-to-toe with the very talented RB players for most of the evening should build their confidence for the rest of the season.

I'm sure Daniels was ticked that RB didn't put more points on the board against Boyd. He kept trying late in the 4th quarter, just like he did last year when Boyd kept it close through 3 quarters. Good to see our Bucs didn't back down throughout the game. I hope he didn't sleep much last night. Thoughts?

(P.S. Go Brainerd!)

RB coach kept his starters in the whole game and did try to put more points on the the board. 23 pt. lead with 7 minutes left would be enough for a more classy coaching staffs. I guess he thought we might score 3 TD's at the end.

Look out next year. They lose # 8, # 3, # 27, # 2 and key OL and DL. We do not lose # 34, # 30, # 23, # 7, # 22, # 25, #14 and the OL and DL will be even stronger. Not to mention we will have # 12 back at QB. Hope we keep them in the whole game next year. Revenge is inevidible. Thoughts?

As an alumnus of Boyd and a coach for Red Bank, I was very impressed with Boyd. They did a great job defending our best run play. We had to make adjustments at halftime to overcome that. Boyd will do a great job the rest of the season and hopefully be back to back region champions. We at Red Bank respect Boyd Buchanan and there coaching staff tremendously. Boyd is very disciplined and they do things right! Grant and the rest of the staff are great people. Why did we keep our starters in the whole game? The game could have swung in Boyd's way like you have said with a couple of calls. Is 23 points enough? You never know. Alot of our second team guys played alot throughout the game. A couple of freshman played early in the first quarter (WR and DL). Boyd is a very good football team and nothing can be taken for granted when you play them. I have witnessed them score alot of points in the 4th quarter before. Coach Fant does a great job! Boyd played us better and tougher than anyone else we have played so far. I am kind of taken back that you think the RB coaches are classless. Just ask the coaches at Walker Valley after we took a knee at the 1 yard line up 42-7 with our second team. After talking with several of the coaches on Boyd's staff, I don't think they feel that we should have done anything different. The game was never out of hand. Boyd moved the ball on us all night long. They just sputtered inside the redzone. Most people that feel that way probably are outside of the program and do not see it form a coaches standpoint. We at Red Bank respect Boyd Buchanan and the people there. From a BBS alum, good luck the rest of the season! Hopefully BBS, and we at Red Bank, will represent the Chattanooga area well in the playoffs. Good luck this week against Bledsoe, we will have our hands full with Brainerd.

As an alumnus of Boyd and a coach for Red Bank, I was very impressed with Boyd. They did a great job defending our best run play. We had to make adjustments at halftime to overcome that. Boyd will do a great job the rest of the season and hopefully be back to back region champions. We at Red Bank respect Boyd Buchanan and there coaching staff tremendously. Boyd is very disciplined and they do things right! Grant and the rest of the staff are great people. Why did we keep our starters in the whole game? The game could have swung in Boyd's way like you have said with a couple of calls. Is 23 points enough? You never know. Alot of our second team guys played alot throughout the game. A couple of freshman played early in the first quarter (WR and DL). Boyd is a very good football team and nothing can be taken for granted when you play them. I have witnessed them score alot of points in the 4th quarter before. Coach Fant does a great job! Boyd played us better and tougher than anyone else we have played so far. I am kind of taken back that you think the RB coaches are classless. Just ask the coaches at Walker Valley after we took a knee at the 1 yard line up 42-7 with our second team. After talking with several of the coaches on Boyd's staff, I don't think they feel that we should have done anything different. The game was never out of hand. Boyd moved the ball on us all night long. They just sputtered inside the redzone. Most people that feel that way probably are outside of the program and do not see it form a coaches standpoint. We at Red Bank respect Boyd Buchanan and the people there. From a BBS alum, good luck the rest of the season! Hopefully BBS, and we at Red Bank, will represent the Chattanooga area well in the playoffs. Good luck this week against Bledsoe, we will have our hands full with Brainerd.

good post. i didn't think there was anything done that would catagorize the RB coaches as classless. i think most every expectation of the game was met. RB was the better team. BBS held their own against them. both teams represented their schools well.