DII State Tournament

mtnman

OK I'm going for the "dumber than a brick" award, if the "page 2" you referenced holds up. I was working off info I read earlier when the split occurred. What is giving me problems, is the tournament brackets. They are not set up as page 2 details. It shows 4 teams playing for 2 spots to play for the Championship. Thus 2 from W and/or 2 from M/E can end up winning and yes 2 from the same geographic area can be in the finals. So Baylor can play Ensworth or St. Agnes can play ECS, or any combination of the mix. I just don't see where the tournament has been designed to accommodate more than 4 teams from A or AA. While page 2 does "weight" the regions, the State Championship schedule does not. We need someone better advised to "splain this to Lucy". Sorry to question you earlier. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Try this - from the tssaa site

"In Class A, the top five teams from the West Region and the top three teams from the East/Middle Region shall be eligible to enter the state tournament. The sub-state round of the State Tournament shall be as follows:

Site 1: #4 West @ #1 East/Middle

Site 2: #3 East/Middle @ #2 West

Site 3: #3 West @ #2 East/Middle

Site 4: #5 West @ #1 West

In Class AA, the top five teams from the East/Middle Region and the top three teams from the West Region shall be eligible to enter the state tournament. The sub-state round of the State Tournament shall be as follows:

Site 1: #5 East/Middle @ #1 East/Middle

Site 4: #4 East/Middle @ #1 West

The Executive Director has the authority to select another site if the host's facilities are not adequate tho host the match. The host school should contact the visiting team as soon as possible concerning the site and time of the sub-state match. Schools may mutually agree to play the sub-state match earlier than the scheduled date.

The sub-state winners will advance to the central tournament sites, November 1 and 2 and Baylor and GPS in Chattanooga, TN. The bracket shall be set by the Executive Director upon completion of the sub-state round matches."

http://www.tssaa.org/Sports/GirlsSoccer/In...nstructions.htm

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this - from the tssaa site

"In Class A, the top five teams from the West Region and the top three teams from the East/Middle Region shall be eligible to enter the state tournament. The sub-state round of the State Tournament shall be as follows:

Site 1: #4 West @ #1 East/Middle

Site 4: #5 West @ #1 West

In Class AA, the top five teams from the East/Middle Region and the top three teams from the West Region shall be eligible to enter the state tournament. The sub-state round of the State Tournament shall be as follows:

Site 1: #5 East/Middle @ #1 East/Middle

Site 4: #4 East/Middle @ #1 West

The Executive Director has the authority to select another site if the host's facilities are not adequate tho host the match. The host school should contact the visiting team as soon as possible concerning the site and time of the sub-state match. Schools may mutually agree to play the sub-state match earlier than the scheduled date.

The sub-state winners will advance to the central tournament sites, November 1 and 2 and Baylor and GPS in Chattanooga, TN. The bracket shall be set by the Executive Director upon completion of the sub-state round matches."

http://www.tssaa.org/Sports/GirlsSoccer/In...nstructions.htm

I read all that and graciously accepted my self-appointed dumb award and could have copied and pasted it as well. Now..........go to the brackets for state and make the above fit, PLEASE. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I read all that and graciously accepted my self-appointed dumb award and could have copied and pasted it as well. Now..........go to the brackets for state and make the above fit, PLEASE. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

The state bracket of 4 teams will be made up of the winners of the 4 sub-state games. Those 4 sub-state winners will travel to Chattanooga for the semi-finals and finals.

Those 4 sub-state winners 'fit' into the state bracket of 4 teams. 4 each for DIIA and DIIAA.

The bracket hasn't been set yet, but will be done by the Executive Director after the sub-state games.

The state bracket of 4 teams will be made up of the winners of the 4 sub-state games. Those 4 sub-state winners will travel to Chattanooga for the semi-finals and finals.

Those 4 sub-state winners 'fit' into the state bracket of 4 teams. 4 each for DIIA and DIIAA.

The bracket hasn't been set yet, but will be done by the Executive Director after the sub-state games.

I see that the handbook is dated Sept. 19, 2007 and understand what you're saying. That was not the way it was presented earlier. Makes much more sense that than to have the best teams in the state eliminate each other and have a lesser quality team from the West slide in without much oposition. Thanks for the lesson.

I see that the handbook is dated Sept. 19, 2007 and understand what you're saying. That was not the way it was presented earlier. Makes much more sense that than to have the best teams in the state eliminate each other and have a lesser quality team from the West slide in without much oposition. Thanks for the lesson.

Does anyone know the schedule for the Div II-AA East/Middle Regional games? Looks like the Regional Finals are at BGA on Sat. Oct. 20th, so will there be a 3rd place game that day as well? How will the #5 team from the Regional be determined?

one thing I like about substate is that it allows the best teams to advance.

Like in A/AA, (girls and boys) two teams from District 6A/AA (ND, CSAS, CCS or others) can actually make it to the semis or even championship.

In past years, DII East only had two teams so the third didn't get to go. (although it makes the regular season all that more important)