Ooltewah vs Blount

GovMan

Hey Ooltewah Fans,

I was just curious. I just got off another board where I read that Ooltewah was missing 7 starters this past week in the William Blount game. Is this true? I hadn't heard this reported in any other media outlets, nor did I hear it from any Ooltewah fans or coaches.

Imaowl, B-ball is best, etc. ... could one of you fellows clear this up for me?

Hey Ooltewah Fans,

I was just curious. I just got off another board where I read that Ooltewah was missing 7 starters this past week in the William Blount game. Is this true? I hadn't heard this reported in any other media outlets, nor did I hear it from any Ooltewah fans or coaches.

I saw this too GovMan .. hard for me to believe , I'm sure one of our Ooltewah friends would have mentioned this if it was true .

This was out on the Chattanoogan today about charges being brought up by Walker County GA. NO current players are involved, only 2 former players.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_114085.asp

September 26, 2007

Ooltewah Students Charged In Ridgeland Assault

2 Students, 1 Suspended Student Arrested

posted September 26, 2007

Two Ooltewah High School students and a former student have been charged in the Sept. 14 assault of a brother and sister at the Ridgeland High School campus immediately following the Ridgeland??“Ringgold High School football game.

Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said the three were charged with aggravated battery after the victims were beaten and kicked in the face, resulting in serious injury.

He said the assault happened minutes after 10 Ooltewah High students came onto the football field after the game ended and verbally challenged coaches and Ridgeland football players.

Michael Paul Dandy, 17, of Ooltewah was charged with one count of aggravated battery. He was booked and released on $2,500 bond.

Arsenio Lamar Lansden, 18, of Chattanooga, was charged with one count of aggravated battery. He was booked at the Hamilton County Jail and is awaiting extradition to Walker County.

Dandy was a defensive back for the Ooltewah High football team, but school officials said he is no longer on the football team. He was dismissed for violation of team rules last week. Lansden is a former football player at Ooltewah High.

The 16-year-old suspended student faces one count of aggravated battery. He was charged in a juvenile complaint.

Dandy and Lansden will appear in Walker County Superior Court and the juvenile will be summoned to Walker County Juvenile Court.

No disciplinary action has been taken against Dandy and Lansden at Ooltewah High.

Danielle Clark, spokesperson for the Hamilton County Schools, said, "This incident happened off school campus, not on school time and is, therefore, not a school issue.

"This is a building level administrator decision. The principal has discretion regarding decisions about student disciplinary action. This decision, not to take disciplinary action, is consistent with district policies and procedures."

Hi GOVMAN-no this is not true. All starters were there. The player that got kicked off the team was not even a starter.Arsenio named in the article got kicked off before the season started. So all were present. Some only in body not heart and mind but not trying to make excuses. It has just been a mess. People want to blame coaches, administrators. Things that happen off the field- on weekends should be parents responsibility. Just my opinion. Good luck friday.

Hey Ooltewah Fans,