Soccer Injuries

VolunteerGeneral

I have had 2 of my players have fractured skulls from heading injuries. One would have been prevented by the head protection, the other would not have (it fractured the bone around the lower eye). I have had multiple players have multiple concussions from heading injuries.

As an adult and coach, I want to protect my players. Will the head gear do it? I don't know. I do not have enough information. What Nike needs to do, is send out samples to highschool coaches. Test them out, and see how they work. I have NEVER seen one in a TN highschool game. Either they are ineffective, or are not marketed well at all.

Thinking as a young "indestructible" teenager though, the only way that I would wear one is if it was required. Remember, these are the same kids who are now having to have a shin guard rule go into affect, because they like to wear index card sized shin guards because it "affects their touch" if they are too big. You know what? I'll bet that football helmets "affect the players vision" too, but you wouldn't last too long without one.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Well said, G. The more posts of yours I read, the more I hope our paths will cross in the soccer world. I have only run across head gear on two occasions. I believe it was a girl from Centennial on both occasions. And I, too, think it would be great if Nike sent out samples for coaches.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Well said, G. The more posts of yours I read, the more I hope our paths will cross in the soccer world. I have only run across head gear on two occasions. I believe it was a girl from Centennial on both occasions. And I, too, think it would be great if Nike sent out samples for coaches.

If you are ever in Knoxville, stop by CAK and come see a game! I am not sure what school you are associated with, so I am not sure if we play you or not. I think we should have a CoachT admissions discount card for all highschool games!