6 5A whats your take

DC5AFootball

At the midway point this season, the region championships and the three other playoff spots are still wide open. Dickson County is in the lead with a region record of 2-0. Every other team in the region is 1-1, with the exception of Clarksville Northeast, which is 0-2.

With that said, the average fans at Brentwood, Franklin, and Ravenwood (all in playoffs each of the last 3 years) don't have as much to worry about as they think. On the surface, Brentwood and Ravenwood are both 1-4, something neither school has seen in awhile, especially Brentwood. Franklin is 2-2, but they also have that tie to Hillsboro, meaning they will finish with 9 regular season games instead of 10, which might come back to hurt them later in tiebreaker situations for playoff seeding. Every team in the region has completed their non-region schedule, which means every game from here on out will have a big impact.

Next week's region games (and my predictions) include:

Franklin @ Brentwood -- Brentwood in an upset

Ravenwood @ Columbia -- Ravenwood, but it will be close

Dickson County @ Centennial -- Dickson County, not even close

Clarksville Northeast @ Independence -- Independence, same as above

Sorry but no way will Brentwood beat Franklin this year. It'll be the Rebels by a lot. Agree that DC will destroy Centennial. Ravenwood will beat Columbia by more than you have predicted since the Raptors found their TD scoring offense against MBA (Except for Goodpasture, all they could do before Friday night was drive up and down the field and stall in the red zone and kick field goals). Indy will beat NE big since they've proven their mettle against such powerhouses as Memphis East and Centennial. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but no way will Brentwood beat Franklin this year. It'll be the Rebels by a lot. Agree that DC will destroy Centennial. Ravenwood will beat Columbia by more than you have predicted since the Raptors found their TD scoring offense against MBA (Except for Goodpasture, all they could do before Friday night was drive up and down the field and stall in the red zone and kick field goals). Indy will beat NE big since they've proven their mettle against such powerhouses as Memphis East and Centennial. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I dont know, Columbia's defense has actually been looking pretty sharp this year. The only thing thats been killing them is the big plays. If Ravenwood gets one or two long touchdowns, then they will open it up. If they cant get the deep plays going, then I think they can contain them enough to where they can have a shot. I still pick Ravenwood.

Franklin will beat Brentwood. Brentwood's D is pretty good, but they just haven't generated anything on offense. Franklin's Backfield will get just enough done to take this one. And I'll be cheering for Centennial like crazy, but yeah Dickson Co. wins big. CHS just cannot stop the power runners. Rayburn gets 200. Indy beats NE, don't really need an explanation there.