Single A top 10

BigDawgHasBeen

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh he didn't stir my emotions, he just caught me off guard in the JB vs. cascade thread and then now here. I didn't realize he felt that way. I like the guy myself.

Yeah I remember reading on a post sometime that he hated Jo Byrns also. I just blew it off because I put it down to him being from a private. But he does have some good posts we he's not hating on someone

First match in '93 Trousdale won in SP

Then in '94 SP won at Trousdale

Trousdale took the victory at Trousdale in '98

South Pittsburg won at home in '99.

So the record is 2-2. Each team is 1-1 at home.

4 great games. It seems like they have played more than that but it they haven't. Each time these teams met it was for the state championship. The following week in Nashville was to make it official.

Thanks DS and rhl. I was pretty sure about them playing those years but it sure seemed like there should have been more than that. I thought I was missing something. It's pretty amazing that in a 7 year period SP and TC played the only 4 times they have met and all 4 times the winner of that game went on to win the Gold Ball. The loser of those games was arguable the 2nd best team in 1A that year. I guess that will add even more hype to the first round game.

I went and looked and we have played Gordonsville twice as much....8 times which is more than any other team in our playoff history. We are also tied with them at 4-4. We have played Friendship twice also splitting with them 1-1. Pretty interesting. SP's playoff history (or any teams history) can be found on the TSSAA web site Mash Here

Here is my Top Ten:

1. South Pitt

2. Hampton

3. Mckenzie

4. Jo Byrns

5. Gordonsvile

6. Cascade

7. WHH

8. Midway

9. TCA

10. MTP

Subject to change after Fridays ballgames.

I can't argue with that except possibly switching 6 and 7. I think the team that beat a J.B. probably derserves to be listed ahead of us in all fairness..

I can't argue with that except possibly switching 6 and 7. I think the team that beat a J.B. probably derserves to be listed ahead of us in all fairness..

Yeah but I could argue that a team that lost to Forrest shouldnt be ranked ahead of us? That is why I put that everything is subject to change after Friday. we are alot better than we showed last Friday night and the score was no where close to be what the game was like. Either way we are going to find out alot about the character of this football team in a couple of days.

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah but I could argue that a team that lost to Forrest shouldnt be ranked ahead of us? That is why I put that everything is subject to change after Friday. we are alot better than we showed last Friday night and the score was no where close to be what the game was like. Either way we are going to find out alot about the character of this football team in a couple of days.

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

But I could counter with the argument that their starting QB was out that game and they have proven that is huge. Take the QB away from any of the top three teams and they have a totally different record. I am basing my ranking on current teams not games played 6 weeks ago. Like you said, it is irrelevant right now. In another month the rankings will work themselves out..

Here is my attempted at an unbiased ( as you can get) top ten

1) South Pitt - Keep winning against quality opponents

2) Hampton - Basing this off their record I know very little else about them

3) Mckenzie - Don't believe Butchie definatly not overrated

4) Gordonsville - Region champs in that region carries a lot of weight

5) Mt. Pleasant - Loss to MC imo was a team looking ahead. Still if you stop Daily they become very beatable

6)WHH - Still believe this may change after Friday, but they are a very solid team

7) Jo Byrns - Talented team just sometimes lack that killer instinct

8) Trousdale - Should never be counted out until they are put out of the playoffs

9) TCA - Strong team and the west doesn't get enought credit

10) Midway - Basing this off theire record know very little about them

Others that could argue the point for a top ten are imo Cascade, FCS, Wayne County, Collinwood, Etc

Okay now everybody shoot holes in this /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Here is my attempted at an unbiased ( as you can get) top ten

1) South Pitt - Keep winning against quality opponents

2) Hampton - Basing this off their record I know very little else about them

3) Mckenzie - Don't believe Butchie definatly not overrated

4) Gordonsville - Region champs in that region carries a lot of weight

5) Mt. Pleasant - Loss to MC imo was a team looking ahead. Still if you stop Daily they become very beatable

6)WHH - Still believe this may change after Friday, but they are a very solid team

7) Jo Byrns - Talented team just sometimes lack that killer instinct

8) Trousdale - Should never be counted out until they are put out of the playoffs

9) TCA - Strong team and the west doesn't get enought credit

10) Midway - Basing this off theire record know very little about them

Others that could argue the point for a top ten are imo Cascade, FCS, Wayne County, Collinwood, Etc

Okay now everybody shoot holes in this /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't think I would have South Pitt in my top ten... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

These are my top ten.......

1)Mckinzie (best team by far in west, maybe all of 1A)

2)South Pitt (extremely good team, may have a lil trouble playing reg. 4 first few rounds exp Gordonsville)

3)Jo Byrns (best team in reg 5, will make up for losing to WHH in playoffs)

4)Gordonsville (best team in reg 4, winner of round three match up of SP will be in finals...for sure...)

5)WHH (great team in reg 5 with good qb, good size line, could make noise if they continue to play well)

6)TCA (best team in 8a,but not saying much....still good team though)

7)Collinwood (solid team from reg 6, will have tough 1 round matchup with Cascade)

8)MTP (all revolves around Dailey, not as good as last year though)

9)Cascade (decent reg 5 team, will loads of seniors and experience, tough 1st round match up with C'wood)

10)Hampton (best team from reg 1, not saying very much though, will make it in playoffs til they have to play someone good out of reg 3 or 4 and that is about it.