Greeneville vs. Volunteer-What going to happen?

DevilFan77

Tomahawk63 do you really believe that the falcon team doesn't read this site???

I don't care what the coaches tell them they are going to read it, as does every other team in the state.

Just an observation, you have mentioned this several times.

Too many things going on for the Falcons right now. They possibly read it the next day who wouldn't?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping for this years game to be as exciting as last. I'm just glad its at Burley this year. My backside isn't as fond of the Volunteer concrete as it used to be. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> As far as I know, the weather will be fine if a bit warm...I would love to have a chill in the air in October...feels more like summer.

And Boonie,you have been reading these posts long enough to know it's......

GreenEville /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All else aside. This should be an exciting game, Barb, bring a seat cushion that helps a bit. There seems to be a lot

of misspelled words in these post, just fast fingers I guess. Anyway, luck to the Devils and no injuries. Same to the

Falcons. GO FALCONS. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to go flying falcon, some people don't know or understand this is a new era in Volunteer football. The way things

might have been in years past is not the way they are now. Coach Rider is to be commended on how disciplined his

team is. This is not just a Falcon Fan perspective but from people in other areas that have met these guys. Thank

goodness the Falcon team do not read the garbage that comes from these post. An to all the naysayers concerning

this game "it ain't over till its over"(quote Yogi Berra) so wait and see what happens. Intimidation doesn't work here

fellers you're wasting your time. Since when is Greenville easy to get to! Greene County isn't the mecca of Tennessee you know, if it makes you sick to ride up 11W maybe you ought to stay home nextime. So-------------

GO FALCONS ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What exactly is this "new era" that you speak of...what do you mean by that? I only ask because i hear others before using that same phrase. Does it mean that you have a new football coach or does it mean something else?

Oh, one more question, off topic - - how many years has rider been at Volunteer? 2 or 3 years?

What exactly is this "new era" that you speak of...what do you mean by that? I only ask because i hear others before using that same phrase. Does it mean that you have a new football coach or does it mean something else?

Oh, one more question, off topic - - how many years has rider been at Volunteer? 2 or 3 years?

This is Coach Rider's 3rd season at Volunteer. I hope he has several more.

I have resisted posting for a long time but I can't anymore. you people bashing venable are ignorant. i played for venable and he was a great coach. he has the best record of any coach ever at volunteer and coached my team to a 6-5 season the ONLY winning season in volunteer history. what has the new era brought you? 2-8, 5-6, & 2-3 so far this year with a loaded senior class that went undefeated as freshmen.

My Question to you is how you know coach rider is worse... i played under both and i feel the both have their own ups but how are you going to tell that he is a better coach then rider. Along with the only winning season he also had many of those same years that were 1-9 2-8 3-5 so its only comes with time. Yes volunteer is SR loaded but that don't mean you win cause you have SR coach rider is coaching them GREAT and they are playing hard and they just have some break downs here and there just as every team does so don't go knocking either unless you know both sides Venable was great in his way of coaching and Rider is doing just a fine job on what he is doing and i expect much success under coach Rider. Now to the game i expect it to be a great game if the DB keep their composure then it will be just fine the DL and LB will do their job like they do week in and week out just no mistakes and RUN THE FOOTBALL and it will open up the receivers then that will lead to scores so like i said expect a good game and i am not going to call a score cause i think it will be that close.

For those looking to watch a good Saturday college D3 game with in driving distance come down to Emory and henry is going to be a dandy and its our homecoming wish i were able to play but the better men play on Saturdays and as of now I'm not the better man but if you want to see a good football game Emory and Henry vs Hampden-Sydney GO WASP!

GO FALCONS

-Ed Smith #52

I have resisted posting for a long time but I can't anymore. you people bashing venable are ignorant. i played for venable and he was a great coach. he has the best record of any coach ever at volunteer and coached my team to a 6-5 season the ONLY winning season in volunteer history. what has the new era brought you? 2-8, 5-6, & 2-3 so far this year with a loaded senior class that went undefeated as freshmen.