Greeneville vs. Volunteer-What going to happen?

DevilFan77

The defense will be fine i am sure they have been chewed out for the non wrap-ups with C.C. Its good to finally see the offense up and running it took a while but they are on there way now. I just hope Volunteer doesn't get smart and run the ball between the guards b/c if they do it could make for a long nite for the Devil D. Greeneville will take the challenge though!!!

Greeneville 38

Volunteer 21

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no good way to get to Volunteer. It is crappy traveling. One thing that I remember about Volunteer is that they are traditionally a dirty team. Stupid dirty!!! I can remember where they hit our QB out of bounds, and he wasn't even in the game. Do they still play like that?

that reminds me when i played there there was about 5 inches of mud on the field, it was fun to play in but not the best conditions tho. I dont remember them being dirty but i only had a chance to play them once.

There is no good way to get to Volunteer. It is crappy traveling. One thing that I remember about Volunteer is that they are traditionally a dirty team. Stupid dirty!!! I can remember where they hit our QB out of bounds, and he wasn't even in the game. Do they still play like that?

THATS NOT TRUE

it may have been that way when Venable was the coatch but not anymore...Coach Rider does not allow any kind of dirty play

THATS NOT TRUE

it may have been that way when Venable was the coatch but not anymore...Coach Rider does not allow any kind of dirty play

Way to go flying falcon, some people don't know or understand this is a new era in Volunteer football. The way things

might have been in years past is not the way they are now. Coach Rider is to be commended on how disciplined his

team is. This is not just a Falcon Fan perspective but from people in other areas that have met these guys. Thank

goodness the Falcon team do not read the garbage that comes from these post. An to all the naysayers concerning

this game "it ain't over till its over"(quote Yogi Berra) so wait and see what happens. Intimidation doesn't work here

fellers you're wasting your time. Since when is Greenville easy to get to! Greene County isn't the mecca of Tennessee you know, if it makes you sick to ride up 11W maybe you ought to stay home nextime. So-------------

GO FALCONS ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to go flying falcon, some people don't know or understand this is a new era in Volunteer football. The way things

might have been in years past is not the way they are now. Coach Rider is to be commended on how disciplined his

team is. This is not just a Falcon Fan perspective but from people in other areas that have met these guys. Thank

goodness the Falcon team do not read the garbage that comes from these post. An to all the naysayers concerning

this game "it ain't over till its over"(quote Yogi Berra) so wait and see what happens. Intimidation doesn't work here

fellers you're wasting your time. Since when is Greenville easy to get to! Greene County isn't the mecca of Tennessee you know, if it makes you sick to ride up 11W maybe you ought to stay home nextime. So-------------

GO FALCONS ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Its not the "ride up 11W" that gets ya...its 70 to Rogersville thats the killer. I can hardly stand it in my little Spyder, I can't imagine navigating it in a bus.I have tried coming through Baileyton .Maybe you Falcon fans know another way without going through Kingsport that's easier on the stomach. FYI...Greeneville is just off 81 on 11E...I'd say its pretty easy to get to unless your in Hawkins County...

I agree that there is no good way to get to Greeneville from Church Hill and vice-versa. I will travel through Goshen Valley, Baileyton into Greeneville because it is the quickest route for me but it stinks. It's not too bad if you have the time but usually I am pushed to make it. I look forward to the trip and hopefully we can win it this time. Last year's game down there was a real barn burner. I know these are two entirely different teams and a lot has changed since then. Is this rain supposed to hang around long? I hate to sit in the rain for a football game but as bad as we need the rain I will gladly do it tomorrow night.

Hope everybody has a safe trip and we'll see you tomorrow night. GO FALCONS!!!!

Hey Barb, question. Is Greeneville spelled with an "e" or without? Always wanted to know.

I agree that there is no good way to get to Greeneville from Church Hill and vice-versa. I will travel through Goshen Valley, Baileyton into Greeneville because it is the quickest route for me but it stinks. It's not too bad if you have the time but usually I am pushed to make it. I look forward to the trip and hopefully we can win it this time. Last year's game down there was a real barn burner. I know these are two entirely different teams and a lot has changed since then. Is this rain supposed to hang around long? I hate to sit in the rain for a football game but as bad as we need the rain I will gladly do it tomorrow night.

Hope everybody has a safe trip and we'll see you tomorrow night. GO FALCONS!!!!

Hey Barb, question. Is Greeneville spelled with an "e" or without? Always wanted to know.

I am hoping for this years game to be as exciting as last. I'm just glad its at Burley this year. My backside isn't as fond of the Volunteer concrete as it used to be. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> As far as I know, the weather will be fine if a bit warm...I would love to have a chill in the air in October...feels more like summer.

And Boonie,you have been reading these posts long enough to know it's......

GreenEville /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />