Mt. Pleasant @ Collinwood

theyoungtiger

Mt. Pleasant has beaten Collinwood 5 straight times and 18 out of the 26 total times these two teams have played. Shouldn't the Trojans be used to it by now. After a while the suprise of losing to the Tigers should go away. It ought to be something you expect. I know we sure do expect to beat the Trojans each time we play them. Thanks for the effort.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too neutral and youngertiger i never walked on a collage team never been to a collage game. I played my last game in 80 i think you think i may have played in recent years but i can asure you that you are really and truly wrong. Have not missed a game since 96 and i am telling you the region is weak that does not mean MP or Cwood is weak i was just saying not playing tougher games may come back to bite them that's all i was saying. And if you want to know the real truth of the matter i think mp has some good player's and one verygood headcoach and coaching staff and one really once in a life time player in marco! Now if i hurt your feeling i am sorry that's life. And all i can tell you if you think i am someone you played with in recent years than just ask them. PS TIGERS #1 TIGER FOREVER NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!

I don't expect respect from disrespectful people. I also believe the wood came up with enough racial slurs to last them the rest of the season. Join the modern world people, don't teach your kids to talk and think like that,everyone outside the Collinwood town limits are not white. Some of those kids may actually move out in the real world someday and have to deal with people they are not kin to.

hahahahaha......sorry I been out but I loved this.............hey Collinwood doesnt have a CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL sitting right smack dab in the middle of town..Collinwood doesnt have a famous PLANTATION right down the road and we sure as heck dont have any confederate generals buried around here either........gimme a break!!!! Great, great game by the way...i really enjoyed it....thanks to all the kids who played so hard!!!!!! I am loving the high school ball this year fer shure!!!!about the refs.........they took away a perfect onside kick recovery and also took a touchdown away from collinwood that would been huge, so I dont know what Mt pleasant is complaining about?????? Those two calls basically changed the outcome of the game....anyhow, its just a great tuneup for the playoffs which should be great this year.......GO WOOD...keep that defense spanking people and you will be in murfreesboro this year!!!!and before I foget................what about that marco dailey getting run down from behind by a collinwood lineman!!!!!!!!!!????????? and daily had about a ten yard head start too....whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!! never though i would see that folks.............man I dont think I have ever been so pumped about the playoffs coming up like I am this year...the wood is young but improving by leaps and bounds every game.....and they got four more regular season games to fine tune...oh yeah baby!!!!!!!

hahahahaha......sorry I been out but I loved this.............hey Collinwood doesnt have a CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL sitting right smack dab in the middle of town..Collinwood doesnt have a famous PLANTATION right down the road and we sure as heck dont have any confederate generals buried around here either........gimme a break!!!! Great, great game by the way...i really enjoyed it....thanks to all the kids who played so hard!!!!!! I am loving the high school ball this year fer shure!!!!about the refs.........they took away a perfect onside kick recovery and also took a touchdown away from collinwood that would been huge, so I dont know what Mt pleasant is complaining about?????? Those two calls basically changed the outcome of the game....anyhow, its just a great tuneup for the playoffs which should be great this year.......GO WOOD...keep that defense spanking people and you will be in murfreesboro this year!!!!and before I foget................what about that marco dailey getting run down from behind by a collinwood lineman!!!!!!!!!!????????? and daily had about a ten yard head start too....whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!! never though i would see that folks.............man I dont think I have ever been so pumped about the playoffs coming up like I am this year...the wood is young but improving by leaps and bounds every game.....and they got four more regular season games to fine tune...oh yeah baby!!!!!!!

The reason for your lack of Confederate Generals & Monuments could be that nobody from the South (even back then) thought Collinwood was worth dying for! LOL! We do have these things and they were here before any of us were, and we still don't heckle with the racist slurs your players used toward the mTp players on Friday night. Glad to know you keep up with all of Mt. Pleasant's history, it's not something we are ashamed of.

Wow what about that Marco Dailey gauging that Collinwood defense for 230+. Wow what about that Marco Dailey kicking up all that dust on the Collinwood defense on that 55 yard touchdown run! Oh yea, what about them Tigers beating you 5 in a ROW!! It makes us MP fans feel good when you have to look for positive things within the game to make you feel good, but it makes us feel better knowing WE OWN COLLINWOOD!!

Wow what about that Marco Dailey gauging that Collinwood defense for 230+. Wow what about that Marco Dailey kicking up all that dust on the Collinwood defense on that 55 yard touchdown run! Oh yea, what about them Tigers beating you 5 in a ROW!! It makes us MP fans feel good when you have to look for positive things within the game to make you feel good, but it makes us feel better knowing WE OWN COLLINWOOD!!

all you own is a bunch out of shape players that had to be dragged off the field every other down friday night.....what a bunch of sissys!!!!!!!! do something to get them in shape before they keep embarrassing you like that

all you own is a bunch out of shape players that had to be dragged off the field every other down friday night.....what a bunch of sissys!!!!!!!! do something to get them in shape before they keep embarrassing you like that

They are going to have to rename Collinwood to Pleasantwood because MP has beaten the Trojans the last 3 times in Pleasantwood. Sure it was only one point but don't think we couldn't have punched it in at the end if we would have wanted to. The last quarter, and especially the last drive, your team was gassed and we had our way with you so you should worry about your team getting in shape.

mTp defense was on the field for over 8 minutes straight in the 1st half of the game and your offense still didn't score. Could your offense have been "gassed" or just not good enough to score on us? Collinwood is the team that couldn't take our tackling, if I remember right, we get the penalty for "tackling too hard!" So who has a team full of sissy's? You might ought to rethink that statement!

My mama always said that I shouldn't worry about being called a sissy by someone when you just kicked their butt. I guess mama was right.

Hats off to Coach Statom downing his team and saying Mt. Pleasant had one player better than them. His players should take that as a slap in the face. One guy beats an entire roster? I wonder what Statom told them when Mt. Pleasant beat Collinwood 56-0 during Marco's freshman year when he only got in for a few snaps. Oh thats right thats when J. Webster scrored 6 tds and all the Collinwood faithful told us how when Webster graduated we would be awful. Then it was Rod Whittaker. Now its Dailey and when he graduates it will be someone else. Read your football history. Mt. Pleasant has owned Collinwood since this series began. You had a nice little run and won a few but Mt. Pleasant leads this series 18-8. Get over it. Get pumped up and beat PC, Zion, CA, and Cornersville but when the Tigers roll in just roll over and take your beating that you have coming to you just like you have the last 5 times these two teams have played. Statom sure talks a big game but what has he done since he took over for Coach Dixon.

At least those sissys took home the "W" back Mt Pleasant with them.

My mama always said that I shouldn't worry about being called a sissy by someone when you just kicked their butt. I guess mama was right.

Enuff said........... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />