Mt. Pleasant @ Collinwood

theyoungtiger

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall correctly, wasn't the region weak last year? I mean, that's all I heard the entire year, and then when we make it to the play-offs, Wayne County, Collinwood, and Mt. Pleasant all made it to the second round, with Mt. Pleasant going all the way to the semis. How can anyone gauge this region correctly? The top 3 teams (Wayne, Collinwood, and Mt. Pleasant) haven't played any games against non-region opponents from class A. And those three teams have a combined record of 4-2 against AA schools, with the two losses coming from Lewis County, which is undefeated in AA and is ranked 3rd in the state. So you tell me, how is our region weak?

Also, I am sick of hearing this. "Marco is all you have." Well, if that's true, it's kinda of sad that that no team for the last 19 games could hold 1 player to less than 100 yards. I mean think about it. You use it as an insult to Mt. Pleasant, but if all you have to do is stop that one player, why can't you do it? It either means that he is better than the opponents entire team, or he isn't the only one playing. Take your pick.

You hit the nail on the head. People that call MP a one man show are really insulting their own team. They are telling entire teams that one man just beat their entire roster. Collinwood thanks for the entertaining posts the last few days. You guys have some great imaginations but like my boys in Aerosmith sing. "Its the same old story, the same old song and dance. Good luck to you in region 6 runner up bowl 2007.

I looked for you Bigby , maybe catch up to you on down the road ,,, GO TROJANS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was there dude. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I was sitting up at the top of the visitors side in the lawn chairs facing the field on the right side of the concession stand (opposite end of the restrooms).

You called this one Chunk. Appreciate the props and giving credit where its due. mTp is definitely not a one man show, but CW got beat single handily on offense last night by one man. Without Marco mTp had around 35 to 40 yards rushing last night ( TOTAL )and only 50 yards or so passing in which without Marco's scrambling abilities would have been sack situations.

That's ugly for mTp's offense and ugly that one man beat CW's defense.

Defensively, mTp played good ball and was a team effort and had to be to keep in check what I seen as a well balanced rushing attack by CW. Referee's did a horrible job last night for both sides but the calls against mTp really helped CW a lot on certain drives to put CW into scoring situations.

Either way it's a win for the boys of mTp and I'm proud they carry on a win streak. It was a tough game.

GREENMAN if your still reading, my apologies are offered. You have been right and I wrong. Believe me, that hurt to say. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I wonder if, appreciate you sticking up for the team as I usually do. Any one who has followed the T for a while knows beyond doubt that I have fought for mTp's right NOT to be known for the "One Man Show" thing. The rest of the season mTp has offensively been a team, but this game was Marco's. Give credit where it's due. The stats alone will make you look silly trying to say otherwise. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good game to both teams, they both played really hard. But as I read in an ealier post this region is weak. Horribly weak! MP would be horrible with out daily, I seen no other player on MP that made a play last night besides Daily. Used to when people said all they had was Daily they were wrong because they also had a great line other backs that could make plays, and a tough Defense. But Now Daily is carrying this team. they have no one else to run the ball, he is having to break 5 or 6 tackles just to gain 10 yds, and any defense that tackles like MP did last night is weak. As for Collinwood they cant throw the ball to save thier lives. The inside running game is ineffective, all they can do is get to the outside faster than most teams. The line is big but i dont know what the problem is. they cant hold a block long enough to run any type of PA. Which in an Offense that runs 90% of the time you have to have sum kind of PA. And the Defensive secondary's coverage is alright sum times, but others they look lost. My point is that neither of these teams are really good, but they are dominating the rest of the region. Which proves that the region overall is weak. No one from the region this year will get past the second round. And All the MP fans i hope that you have enjoyed these last four years. because now its over. No more Daily after this year /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> So dominating the region is over. The Next few years i believe the region will be between Collinwood and Waynesboro. Both Have Young Atheltes that are going to be Great in the next few years.

Clearly you and bottomline both played in very recent years and can't get over moving on. I would be willing to bet that neither of you play in college. It is normal to think that the guys you played with and stood on the sidelines when they were freshmen and sophomores are not as good as you were when you played as a senior. But guess what; you weren't perfect and probably not really that good when you played either. You just thought you were. If you were all that then you would be playing in college instead of posting on this board.

I was afraid that I would sign on and read a bunch of has beens re-hashing (and doing little justice) to what was a truly great game of High School football. Look guys, the stuff you are saying makes no sense. Not one Collinwood fan has made an excuse on this board about the final score last night. Do some of you realize what you type? How many of your realize that the players are logging on to this daily to read this stuff? About 80% of what you are saying is of NO benefit to these guys.

MTP and CWOOD if you are reading, I left a game of High School football last night and HONESTLY did not care what the score board was saying. Yes, I would have loved to have seen my boys in green win it but that was one of the best battles I have seen on the field in a long time. Refs are a lot like life. You will run across people that have a lot of control and there is nothing that you can do about it, learn from it, grow from it and move on. Don't waste your time on things that are out of your control. Boys in Green, open up your mind enough to see the big picture. Racism is a dispicable cancer and if you have it you need to do whatever it takes, right now, to get rid of it... it will take you nowhere. Guy in green AND guys in red, white and blue, I have watched a lot of sports in my life and I have yet to see anyone get anywhere by being a bad sport, learn to control your emotions. Football is a game that brings out STRONG emotions, use them wisely.

MTP crowd, this is not a dig at you but a friendly tip. When the call was made against you on our quarterback your crowd collectively booed for about 2 minutes, no taste at all there and not a good example for those kids.

Lay off of Trojan sports fan, he saw something he didnt like and he is entitled to his opinion, he's a good man and means no disrespect to anyone.

Both teams, keep pumping hard for the rest of the season. Everyone starts their season with a championship in mind, keep that goal but you only get there by doing what you did last night, playing your guts out!

Again, truly super game, I almost gave them 4 more bucks on the way out because I enjoyed myself so much.

GO GREEN!!!

"It's not a matter of if we beat Mt. Pleasant, it's a matter of when we beat Mt. Pleasant."

"They call it the Jungle up there. We're going to let them come to The WOOD and see what they can do."

"It's going to be a whole different ballgame, playing here at the WOOD. Going week to week, we try not to think about the loss, but I've thought about it a lot since Friday."

Just a few quotes from to remind everyone about!! Now this is not us crazy fans talking here!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was on the Collinwood side for a little while right before the half(when mTp made the goal line stand )and i did hear a lot of trash talk from the Collinwood fans so yes it was happening from both sides .

I get to go to the oposite side during almost all of the mTp away games and i hear this a lot .On the whole both sides were tame.

And yes the officials did make some really awful calls and maybe someday TSSAA will get on the ball and fix this .but I am not going to hold my breath.

Another week, another win!! 31 in a ROW!! Keep crying CWOOD!! WHOSE YO DADDY!! NEXT!!

You know bactine i seen your post and got mad and wanted to tell you who your daddy is /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> but it just isnt worth it ,, a 20 or 30 point blow-out still wouldnt be worth a ( whos yo daddy ) grow up /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> GO TROJANS

You know bactine i seen your post and got mad and wanted to tell you who your daddy is /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> but it just isnt worth it ,, a 20 or 30 point blow-out still wouldnt be worth a ( whos yo daddy ) grow up /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> GO TROJANS

If you let what someone says on a high school sports forum make you mad, then you need to grow up!!