Karns @ Jefferson County

Warlock

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rumor on the freshman football post is that we may have freshman dressing out on Friday night. any word?

here's my response to the quote :

any word on what freshmen and how many? are they going to be playing significant minutes? i am very wary of pulling up freshmen, unless it is after their season is over and they are just standing on the sidelines to get a little friday night experience. i know they have a great class, but very rarely does bringing up a freshman play dividends. if they are playing mop-up minutes, i'm all for it, as long as they are still playing in their freshman or JV games and practicing with their classmates. if they are thrust in there "to make things happen," i don't like the decision. i can't remember a JC freshman making a significant impact in recent memory. its a lot to ask a 14-15 yr old kid to come in and give you a spark.

any thoughts?

rumor on the freshman football post is that we may have freshman dressing out on Friday night. any word?

here's my response to the quote :

any thoughts?

McFall started as a freshman, Shiverdecker played in 03 and score a few TD's if I remember correctly. I`m with you though, I`d rather they stay on the freshman level until their season is over.

i agree. when playing as a favorite, you have to put the underdog away quickly. the longer they stay in it, the more dangerous they become. they are kids, momentum plays a big factor.

All the Patriots need to do is rely on the legs of McFall. I think we are focusing too much on sharing the ball than on what works for us. I believe Long needs to step up more than anyone out there if we want to have a throwing game and if not let McFall do the rest of the work, like he has been doing the past two years.

All the Patriots need to do is rely on the legs of McFall. I think we are focusing too much on sharing the ball than on what works for us. I believe Long needs to step up more than anyone out there if we want to have a throwing game and if not let McFall do the rest of the work, like he has been doing the past two years.

How is a kid suppose to step up if they don`t get adequate opportunities?

BTW, I`m not sure if you can ever share the ball too much, and just pounding McFall has done nothing more than get him hurt the last two years. McFall is not a Ricky Upton/Jeff Jennings type of back that you can just pound the ball with 20-30 times a game for the whole season. McFall is a better change of pace scat back than an every down back IMO, a lot like what Scoot was for us back in the day. After enough doses of power, a speed back can just tear a defense apart because they aren`t prepared for it.

We tried that the last 2 years. It was called the "I" formation and you see where that got us. The veer is the way to with 2 backs and a throwing game. In case you haven't noticed the other teams have Mcfalls' number most of the time anyway and are expecting him to get it. Also we have the top 2 out of three leading rushers in the region. T Works-Bearden 600, McFall-JC 500+ and Brooks- JC 500+Sounds to me like its working pretty darn good! Just need to work on the passing game a little more.

How is a kid suppose to step up if they don`t get adequate opportunities?

BTW, I`m not sure if you can ever share the ball too much, and just pounding McFall has done nothing more than get him hurt the last two years. McFall is not a Ricky Upton/Jeff Jennings type of back that you can just pound the ball with 20-30 times a game for the whole season. McFall is a better change of pace scat back than an every down back IMO, a lot like what Scoot was for us back in the day. After enough doses of power, a speed back can just tear a defense apart because they aren`t prepared for it.

Agree!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

McFall started as a freshman, Shiverdecker played in 03 and score a few TD's if I remember correctly. I`m with you though, I`d rather they stay on the freshman level until their season is over.

i believe the last one that made an impact was spencer riley, as was stated on the other post by someone else. spencer started and was relied upon to make plays. (though that team was pretty bad, i believe it was the first team after the 80s dynasty to not make the playoffs, but i'm not for sure-- its been a while, and i was just a kid).

i believe the last one that made an impact was spencer riley, as was stated on the other post by someone else. spencer started and was relied upon to make plays. (though that team was pretty bad, i believe it was the first team after the 80s dynasty to not make the playoffs, but i'm not for sure-- its been a while, and i was just a kid).

1990,1995,2001,2004,2005 and 2006 are the only teams since the 1980's not to make the playoffs.

1990,1995,2001,2004,2005 and 2006 are the only teams since the 1980's not to make the playoffs.

Can`t speak for the others, but both the 2001 and 04 teams should have made the playoffs, both had .500 or better records, both lost to teams they should not have. This year feels a lot like 04, hopefully there`ll be a different outcome.