Karns @ Jefferson County

Warlock

After three straight defeats at the hands of the Karns Beavers, can the Patriots stop the streak and start one of their own at Dumplin Valley ?

This is a very important region game for JCHS because it is a MUST win !!

IMO, JCHS has to do no worse than 3-3 in region play to have any kind of a chance to make the playoffs !

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JCHS has really turned around. They are heading back to the Patriot football of old at 100mph and if it werent for the turnovers, could very well be undefeated right now. Look forward to the Patriots to beat Karns and possibly win out going into the Bearden game. I think the team has done a heck of a job and IMO, if they make playoffs.....watch out because they could be a team that shocks some folks. (example: 1996). GO PATRIOTS!!!!

I'm sick and tired of any of the losing streaks to any of our opponents, even if it is only 1. I'm ready to quit losing by errors and/or mistakes either by players or coaches decisions. LETS GET BACK TO PATRIOT FOOTBALL AND GET THIS PROGRAM BACK IN THE TOP 5 AS IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!

Are you a player or coach??

all teams in the region have at least 4 region games left (Science Hill and Campbell Co have 5). there is a ton of football that has yet to be played and anything can happen in high school football as we all well know. For JC 3 wins is a must, 4 would be ideal. That of course means winning out for JC, no small feat. we can talk about it, the players can't. they have to win Friday and don't need to be thinking beyond that. The Karns curse has been built upon JC overlooking them.

Are you a player or coach??

I am one of the TRUE BLUE PATRIOT FANS and I suppotr them win or lose. I probably haven't missed probably more than 15 games both home or away since 1983. You might think I don't have a life but I see a Highschool football game every week of the season , incl every week of the playoffs to murfreesboro.

I am one of the TRUE BLUE PATRIOT FANS and I suppotr them win or lose. I probably haven't missed probably more than 15 games both home or away since 1983. You might think I don't have a life but I see a Highschool football game every week of the season , incl every week of the playoffs to murfreesboro.

you have seen every up and down of the JC football program my friend.

Nothing wrong with that. The way your post read sounded like you might be a player or coach.

Karns hasn`t been within 2 scores of their last 4 opponents and have only beaten Lenoir City, the only common opponent so far is Mo East who beat Karns 13-7. On paper Jeff County should win this game going away, but we`ve thought that before and have been dead wrong. Like Heath said it just seems like we overlook Karns every year since 04, you`d think after the 1st loss that wouldn`t happen, but here we are 3 losses later and are talking about the same thing potentially happening. The common theme with Karns has been not jumping up on Karns and putting them away early like we use to do pre 04, letting a team like Karns hang around just builds their confidence(it happened against DB a few years ago and us several times). Much like the DB game I think we need to score early and often, but for different reasons this time. Against DB we needed to score early and often because you never know how many points you`d get later on after they adjusted(turned out to be zero for us), we need to do it here to squash any confidence Karns may have before it becomes a factor.

Karns hasn`t been within 2 scores of their last 4 opponents and have only beaten Lenoir City, the only common opponent so far is Mo East who beat Karns 13-7. On paper Jeff County should win this game going away, but we`ve thought that before and have been dead wrong. Like Heath said it just seems like we overlook Karns every year since 04, you`d think after the 1st loss that wouldn`t happen, but here we are 3 losses later and are talking about the same thing potentially happening. The common theme with Karns has been not jumping up on Karns and putting them away early like we use to do pre 04, letting a team like Karns hang around just builds their confidence(it happened against DB a few years ago and us several times). Much like the DB game I think we need to score early and often, but for different reasons this time. Against DB we needed to score early and often because you never know how many points you`d get later on after they adjusted(turned out to be zero for us), we need to do it here to squash any confidence Karns may have before it becomes a factor.

i agree. when playing as a favorite, you have to put the underdog away quickly. the longer they stay in it, the more dangerous they become. they are kids, momentum plays a big factor.