Loudon@Rockwood

tigersportsfan

Goose did you get a picture of the fumble(?) by Allen at the gaol line last night. I watched 10 news last night and I couldn"t tell if he was down or not. I heard several people say he was down. I didn't know he had changed his name to allen bryant and #1 was now clem chase. Tough loss last night. Loudon didn't beat Rockwood , Rockwood beat Rockwood. Cant have that many mistakes in a game as big as that one was. Hope they got it all out last night with alcoa and cak ahead. Has anybody heard how bad the injury was on the Campbell kid? Sure hope it wasn't serious. You hate to see any kid get hurt especially a senior.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN STILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS- YOU'RE NOT OUT OF THEM YET!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I slow motion replayed that play about 20 times and it was so close as to whether his knee was down or not. I honestly don't know. It looked like his left knee hit at about the same time the ball started to come out. It was one of those plays that really couldn't have been argued either way. If the camera would have been on the other side I believe you would have been able to tell for sure.

I do have a picture and I know that the ball didn't break the goal line before it came free.

You're right though, Rockwood made too many mistakes to win. They dropped a TD pass in the third quarter and they had four turnovers, two set up Loudon scores and two came inside the red zone.

But I'm not going to say that Rockwood should have won because Loudon really impressed me. Loudon also had two drives that ended in the red zone with no points.

Eagleflight your a jackwad.... do you really think that rockwood beat themselves. yeah granted they had some turnovers at bad times but still. After the first half Loudon dominated the game (minus the 10 or 15 unsportsmanlike penalties from your home town officals) and it seemed like they had no answer for little Miley running all over them. Speed kills peaches and Rockwood just didnt have enough of it.

Eagleflight your a jackwad.... do you really think that rockwood beat themselves. yeah granted they had some turnovers at bad times but still. After the first half Loudon dominated the game (minus the 10 or 15 unsportsmanlike penalties from your home town officals) and it seemed like they had no answer for little Miley running all over them. Speed kills peaches and Rockwood just didnt have enough of it.

I know how rockwood fans hate to see a kingston fan posting in their topics, and it feels a little strange to come to the tigers defense, but somebody needs to put the record straight! I was at that game with a family member that lives in Loudon and I saw first hand what happened. Rockwood did beat themselves! Stats dont lie. When you turn the ball over as many times as rockwood and only lose by 2 touchdowns you can easily say you lost it on mistakes.

FACT ONE: The big fullback (in a scoreless game) fumbled at the goal line on a first and goal play. If he scores, the final deficit would have been only 7! And there is no telling how the tigers scoring first would have changed the game since they were the home team and would have swung momentum in their favor.

FACT TWO: The tiger QB threw a perfect pass from about 45 yrds out that hit a rockwood receiver perfectly in the hands and he dropped it! If he caught that ball, Rockwood would have scored another 7 and the score would have been tied!

FACT THREE: Number 41 for the tigers dropped a wide open interception in the flat with NO ONE near him. The ball hit him right in the hands and he dropped it! If he catches it, its an automatic touchdown and that would mean rockwood would have actually WON by 7!

FACT FOUR: #41 fumbled and gave loudon 7 pts.....#6 fumbled a punt that he should never have touched and gave loudon 7 more pts. That is 14 points that loudon was given on turnovers in addition to the ones that rockwood didnt get in fact one, two and three above. Lets see, that means rockwood could have won by 21 if the above hadnt happened!

I know those are all IFs, but games are won and lost by how the IFs go...either for you or against you. And I am not taking anything from loudon. And your running back did a great job, I was impressed, but before you declare loudon state champs you need to consider one other thing. The Rockwood QB's passing yardage matched your running back's rushing yardage. So they tore your defense a new one thru the air, you tore their defense a new one on the ground. Those things kinda balanced out.

ANYBODY that saw that game from a non-partisan view like me saw rockwood give away three touchdowns mentioned in fact one, two, and three above and GIVE loudon two touchdowns mentioned in fact four. And by the way, didnt CAK tear loudon a new one thru the air as well????? PASSING YARDAGE KILLS PEACHES AND LOUDON CAN'T DEFEND THE PASS!

I guess your name is right NUTZ because you are NUTZ if you think Loudon didnt have anything to do with Rockwood getting beat. So since you Roane Co. Jackwads are playing what ifs lets play some.

#1 On the drive that Rockwood fumbled in the endzone Loudon dropped or just missed tipping a pass on 3rd down that would have stopped the drive.

#2 Loudon's receivers dropped one in the end zone on a trick play and dropped two passes on key third downs that would have kept drives going.

#3 On the touchdown pass that Rockwood had in the second half it was on third down and our safety slipped and still almost got there to stop the play.

#4 What about all of those penalties on the one drive that had us backed up on the drive that we could have scored on and put the game away in the 3rd quarter. (1 for a block in the back that was 15 yards behind the darn running back and the other two for unsportsmanlike penalties because our coach tried to plead his case on the other penalty).

#5 It would have been worse if we kept driving at the end but we just wanted to save the Tigers a little face and just ran the ball for them to run out the clock.

I realize Rockwood did shoot themselves in the foot with some fumbles but is there any chance that our players caused a couple of them. By the way talk about defending we'll see how bad Kingston loses friday night. Fulton will beat them by 50 if they want to there Jackwad......

By the way,

When was the last time Rockwood even beat Loudon. I can't remember so I guess that does explain looking at the what ifs all the darn time. I wasnt saying Loudon was state champs but they are better than Rockwood and it just annoying to hear people think otherwise. I guess this explains it better than anything,

Loudon 28

Rockwood winers 14

By the way,

When was the last time Rockwood even beat Loudon. I can't remember so I guess that does explain looking at the what ifs all the darn time. I wasnt saying Loudon was state champs but they are better than Rockwood and it just annoying to hear people think otherwise. I guess this explains it better than anything,

Loudon 28

Rockwood winers 14

Again, sir, and I am showing respect to someone that calls others names like jackwad! This is not my fight, but Rockwood in my opinion was the better team in that game and 3 or 4 fumbles, dropped td passes and interceptions that would have put points on the board made ALL the difference in a 14 pt game. Also, one of the dropped TD passes you talked about earlier for Loudon would not have occured if Rockwood had held on to an interception just 2 or 3 plays before it! Of course those numbers are TOO high to count for a Loudon fan I am sure. You team is the most classless team I have seen this year! Every unsportsmanlike penalty was COMPLETELY earned! Your coaches made a spectacle of themselves and your players followed their example and did also! Anytime you win and go away blaming and complaining about the refs it shows just what a classless act you are! Ever hear about winning with dignity? Sorry for using big words, I keep forgetting that you are a redskin fan. Ask any coach in America and they will tell you that if you fumble at the goal line (and miss a TD), drop a wide open pass (missing a TD), drop a wide open interception (missing a TD), fumble deep in your territory giving your opponent a TD, and have an unforced fumble while misplaying a punt that gives you opponent a TD and still only lose the game by 14, that turnovers and mistakes cost your team the game! You can live in lala land all you want and dream of how great the redskins are, but after Alcoa beats them by 5 or 6 TDs and the best you can do is 3rd place in your region, then you need to find something else to brag about. My goodness, I didnt know Loudon was so good. I am glad you are on here letting us know about it. Also, I am intrigued about something, how big is Loudon? Your school has a BUNCH more students than smaller Rockwood. How big a win is it to beat up on smaller schools? I know at one time Loudon played in 3A with the big boys but they sneaked down to 2A and how many region championships have you won down there? How many state championships did they win down there? And my sources say you are way over the limit for 2A and will be moving back next yr and will be getting your head handed to you on a platter by the likes of Catholic, Austin East, Fulton, Anderson County, Kingston and others!!!!! If third place is the best you can muster in 2A, how are you going to survive in 3A next yr? Sorry to rock your boat, but you obviously arent real living in the real world.

By the way,

Loudon 28

Rockwood winers 14

Just a followup, in another post on here, they state where the teams would have been classified if the TSSAA had changed classifications on a two yr basis (as usual) instead of the 4 yr basis they are just finishing. Loudon was listed at 675 students and would have been playing in 3A last yr and this yr! Rockwood has 455. I wonder if having an extra 230 students to choose from makes you 14 pts better???? Alcoa was in the 475 range also. So I ask once again, how many region championships and state titles has Loudon won while hiding down there and playing the little schools?

Both teams left plays on the field.

One more thing that hurt Rockwood was a lack of a running game. Allen had about 50 yards on 15 carries and nobody else did anything. If they meet again in the playoffs, Rockwood will have to do a better job of establishing a running game.

Also, how is Campbell doing?

i believe that Rockwood just needs to put this game behind them and focus on Wartburg. Its a region game so its pretty important. I believe Rockwood will win atleast by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

You're right. Wartburg seems to be getting better and the Phillips kid is as tough as they come. If the Tigers aren't focused they could find themselves in a ball game in the fourth quarter. I personally feel Rockwood has too many seniors to let this happen, plus they have a bye week so I don't think they'll be looking ahead.