Farragut @ William Blount.

wbballplayer03

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They ran through the band but SO WHAT?!

I'm a lot more upset about the outcome of the game than the BAND...

This is so silly.!

If running into the Bands space on the FOOTBALL FIELD is what it takes to beat the top teams in the state then I hope they do it all the way to state!

BTW- When I played we had Homecoming the week we came home from the road games.

Why do schools cherry pick home coming? I saw this at Farragut and thought it was stupid then!

Rigger

It's called respect and courtesy. The band, cheerleaders and dance team etc. all have the same rights to center stage as the football team, they are all supporting the school. I have mentioned this in another fourum, but football games were orginally played on the parade grounds. Maybe the bands in the past should have been a little more territorial and the football teams would have to come up with their own facilities.

Rigger

It's called respect and courtesy. The band, cheerleaders and dance team etc. all have the same rights to center stage as the football team, they are all supporting the school. I have mentioned this in another fourum, but football games were orginally played on the parade grounds. Maybe the bands in the past should have been a little more territorial and the football teams would have to come up with their own facilities.

Nice info and if you read the majority of my post, I feel the same way about respect and courtesy. However, the band, cheerleaders and dance teams etc have their on competitions and forums to show their stuff. Friday night belongs to the young men in the pads,

I wasn't there that night so not my fight. However I have been that kid waiting to bust through the banner on Friday Night and you’re pumped and ready to go. I don't remember worrying how the other team’s band felt.

If they made a mistake then someone needs to talk to the coaching. IMHO-Not the kids that were told to take the field against the # 1 team in the state in 5A!