Henry Co. vs JCM

BigRedForLife

Yanker...well honestly speaking the score pretty much says it all on this particular night. For whatever reason the Cougars could not match up with HC. It wasn`t a game that one could say JCM just made stupid mistakes. Clearly this was a game that the better team won. HC was far more prepared than JCM was. JCM should have been able to give them a better game though. There`s no doubt in my mind that JCM has plenty of athletes to be competive, however we just weren`t against HC.

I`m not gonna make any excuses for JCM, but part of the problem stems from the fact that JCM is now only 13 kids away from being a 2A school. According to the current TSSAA classifications the largest 2A school has 667 kids. JCM is down to 680 kids this fall. If JCM remains on the NCLB status next fall then I`m predicting that they will indeed move down 2 classes to 2A the next reclassification period putting them in the same region with USJ and JCS. Also, JCM has 4 coaches. And from what I have heard some of them were last minute hires. Standing on the HC sidelines the other night, I couldn`t help but notice all the coaches HC had. I never stopped to count but I`d say they had at least 9 coaches. I think even the kool-aid drinkers from HC would agree that is a huge advantage having the luxury of that many coaches.

That being said, I think the JCM problem lies at the helm. Hardegree use to have only 4 coaches as well and he always managed to put out a good team. That`s all I`ll say about that for right now.

One bright spot for JCM was the freshman runningback that came in the 2nd half. Kirby Ross showed some potential to be a very good rb for the future.

The highlight of my night was seinng the smile on Patsdoc face when JCM scored. That meant she didn`t have to buy the team pizza. I got to meet her and some other HC posters (I won`t name them since they may not want to claim they met me /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) But it was really nice getting to speak with them after the game. That`s what is fun about coacht....getting to meet new friends who enjoy the same things I do. I also want to give a shout out to the HC coaching staff. I`ve been holding chains for over 10 years and that was one of the nicest set of opposing coaches I`ve spent time on the sidelines with. All of them seemed very first class. They were very friendly, even Coach Gaddis and I had a few laughs.

It wasn`t one of the finest hours for JCM Yanker. The fact that HC rushed 34 times and averaged over 11 yards per carry should say enough. Here`s hoping the Cougars don`t hang their heads and keep working hard. Congrats and good luck to the Patriots. I`m not sure how the heck you guys lost to Westview. Obviously, y`all must not have been ready to play that night. But if you can continue to play at that level then you should go deep in the playoffs.

Don't attempt to justify your team's pathetic effort by denigrating Westview. I can tell you that HC lost to Westview because on that night Westview was the better team, plain and simple. I don't know and don't care who was or who was not "ready to play." Westview is 6-0. What's JCM's record again?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic