CENTENNIAL VS. DICKSON CO.

CHS 2007

you are probably right. DC hasn't played a defense near the level of Centennial. Every time DC has to pass the ball they might as well punt if its going to be an interception.

The boys at Centennial have no idea what they are in for. DC is a very good football team. Centennial is not in their league. As for passing, DC may not have to. 38-7 DC.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC may have a good passing game, but centennial will shut that down. the D-ends are some of the fastest in the region, and know how to play good defense. DC will set up their "run game" then go "play action" and either coverage will be so tight the QB wont throw it, or he will throw and centennial will get a interception. and that will the end of DCs "passing attack" its simple no one can pass on centennial.

If by "no one," you mean "Siegel," then we're on the same page.

you are probably right. DC hasn't played a defense near the level of Centennial. Every time DC has to pass the ball they might as well punt if its going to be an interception.

their weakness is our strength(pass defense) and their strength is our weakness(stopping the run) - they surely won't play to our strength -hope they do, but I doubt it - don' t let them beat us with their strength! Stop the run no matter what it takes!

their weakness is our strength(pass defense) and their strength is our weakness(stopping the run) - they surely won't play to our strength -hope they do, but I doubt it - don' t let them beat us with their strength! Stop the run no matter what it takes!

DC's passing game is far from a weakness. Although they're not a pass-heavy team, they still move the ball quite efficiently through the air. Primm doesn't have as much throw power as some other QBs, but he has great timing and is deadly accurate, and he can force the ball into the smallest space available. That being said, Centennial's best chance is when Dickson throws. Stay to the ground and CHS will not stop them.

DC's passing game is far from a weakness. Although they're not a pass-heavy team, they still move the ball quite efficiently through the air. Primm doesn't have as much throw power as some other QBs, but he has great timing and is deadly accurate, and he can force the ball into the smallest space available. That being said, Centennial's best chance is when Dickson throws. Stay to the ground and CHS will not stop them.

I believe that's exacly what I said in so many words - of the two = pass/run - their passing is weaker than their running the ball - our pass defense is stronger than our run defense

I believe that's exacly what I said in so many words - of the two = pass/run - their passing is weaker than their running the ball - our pass defense is stronger than our run defense

I couldn't tell that's what you meant. The way you said it, it sounded like Dickson's passing game was an achilles heel for them or something. The Indianapolis Colts are a pass-first team, but you wouldn't say that their running game is a weakness.

I see it now.

At the beginning of the year, I predicted that Centennial would pull at least one big upset this year. Well!.........................it won't be tonight.

Sorry for the anti-climatics. I'll be there cheering like crazy for the boys in blue tonight, but I have to give this game to Dickson Co. for two main reasons.

1. Rayburn: This is the best running back that Centennial will face all year. In their two losses, CHS has given up 558 yards on the ground, both to Run-Based offenses. DC will run the ball like crazy tonight, and unless there is a massive breakdown on the O-line, I expect Rayburn to have a performance similar to the one Pettigrew had.

2. Centennial is making to many mistakes right now. They allowed 16 defensive points against Glencliff last week, and the QBs combined for 4 interceptions. When they execute right, Centennial is a lethal team. But they keep shooting themselves in the foot with sloppy play and stupid penalties. If they can clean in up, they can start contending during the bulk of the schedule. But they'll have to show me improvement first.

If they can get it together, I think Centennial's offense can keep them in this game. Dickson lost alot of defensive fire power, and they have given up some big plays this year. However, I think the mismatch on the run game will be too much for Centennial to overcome. Dickson by two touchdowns.

DC's QB may have not thrown tonight. But still made a big impact on the ground with 5 tds. There may have been 1 more if the fake handoff wouldnt have fooled the refs and everyone in the stands , which was rediculous. Primm was 15 yards away from any of centennials players. It was a good win for DC and puts them in great position for a big region game next week against indy.