south doyle- powell-

notright

Not to be a nitpick here, but Powell has beaten Campbell County, Karns, and Lenoir City...Not awesome teams, but at least they are 4 or 5A teams. South-Doyle has beaten 2 teams from one of the weakest 3A regions in the state; Carter...because of Carter mistakes, and Gibbs...becuase Gibbs has not had a winning season in 10 years. I am not saying that this game will be a clash of the titans, but in looking at the wins Powell has had their offense is capable of scoring big, and their defense gave up only 9 points in their 3 wins. I stick by my earlier prediction, if I am wrong it won't be the first or last time.

I'm pulling for Powell just like you, but fyi, Carter beat Karns pretty easily this year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure

mr.

Im sure Mr.Duncan is pulling for South Doyle, just because his office is decorated with powell stuff still

, doesnt mean anything. Im sure he his torn which way to go.Ha Ha! This will be a good game if South Doyle can keep from making mistakes, and figure out how to defend the pass they could come away with a win. Im not sure powell has the speed South Doyle has. South Doyle by 7. GO KEES!

Im sure

mr.

Im sure Mr.Duncan is pulling for South Doyle, just because his office is decorated with powell stuff still

, doesnt mean anything. Im sure he his torn which way to go.Ha Ha! This will be a good game if South Doyle can keep from making mistakes, and figure out how to defend the pass they could come away with a win. Im not sure powell has the speed South Doyle has. South Doyle by 7. GO KEES!

I'm going with South Doyle, as long as we don't run the same play over and over we should be fine.

Great looking win for Powell tonight. They were able to minimize turnovers and penalties, and they took advantage of their opportunities. The biggest thing I noticed in this game was the great tackling by the Powell defense. South Doyle has some playmakers, but Powell really bottled them up because they didn't miss tackles. That has been a major strength for the Panther defense all season. Now, the schedule enters a very difficult stretch, with games @ Halls and Central, plus home games against West and Clinton. The next game at Halls will probably be a make-or-break game, as far as playoff berths are concerned.

This was a very difficult one for the boys. I think finally the team has lost all their drive and motivation. It is true that SD has some playmakers, but they have to be taught how to make the plays happen. They have to be coached. There are alot of atheletes on this team, there are boys that have given everything they have to this team, and to this school, and for what, nothing. These boys are not being supported by the school, or by the administration. We can just about count on one hand how many wins we have had since Duncan hired Hutchins, 4 years ago. Thats should speak volumes. This community should be outraged that this continues to go on. Some of these boys have given their heart and soul to this program for 4 years, and have nothing to show for it. This was supposed to be the "'year", according to Hutchins, now what. What will happen when most of the "big boys" graduate. What will be left ? Whats left will probably quit if the coaching doesn't change. IF Duncan really cared he would be in the locker room looking into these boys eyes telling them how sorry he is for what he has done to SD football. If he were the fine upstanding administrator he would relieve the coach of his duties, and get some fresh blood for these boys. But he stands on the sidelines, with his pearly whites, his native tan, and the ever popular loafers, and does absolutely nothing. He is the biggest waste of knox county money that we have. I saw the fine CLARK DUNCAN FACILITY last night, I think SD should name something after him, maybe the big arrow on the hill, cause he's really stuck it to SD, maybe the scoreboard, for all the loses, maybe the big SD, for Stupid Duncan, or better yet how about the disgusting bathrooms, because he has sent SD straight to the toliet. Thanks Mr. Duncan, Mr. Hutchins, (can't all you coach anymore, because your not one), and oh yeah a big shout out to Robert Bratton, our good for nothing school board representative, thanks for destroying an entire football program. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

This was a very difficult one for the boys. I think finally the team has lost all their drive and motivation. It is true that SD has some playmakers, but they have to be taught how to make the plays happen. They have to be coached. There are alot of atheletes on this team, there are boys that have given everything they have to this team, and to this school, and for what, nothing. These boys are not being supported by the school, or by the administration. We can just about count on one hand how many wins we have had since Duncan hired Hutchins, 4 years ago. Thats should speak volumes. This community should be outraged that this continues to go on. Some of these boys have given their heart and soul to this program for 4 years, and have nothing to show for it. This was supposed to be the "'year", according to Hutchins, now what. What will happen when most of the "big boys" graduate. What will be left ? Whats left will probably quit if the coaching doesn't change. IF Duncan really cared he would be in the locker room looking into these boys eyes telling them how sorry he is for what he has done to SD football. If he were the fine upstanding administrator he would relieve the coach of his duties, and get some fresh blood for these boys. But he stands on the sidelines, with his pearly whites, his native tan, and the ever popular loafers, and does absolutely nothing. He is the biggest waste of knox county money that we have. I saw the fine CLARK DUNCAN FACILITY last night, I think SD should name something after him, maybe the big arrow on the hill, cause he's really stuck it to SD, maybe the scoreboard, for all the loses, maybe the big SD, for Stupid Duncan, or better yet how about the disgusting bathrooms, because he has sent SD straight to the toliet. Thanks Mr. Duncan, Mr. Hutchins, (can't all you coach anymore, because your not one), and oh yeah a big shout out to Robert Bratton, our good for nothing school board representative, thanks for destroying an entire football program. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Just a thought, but what do you think about the possibility of Duncan becoming the head coach at SD? He had some great years at Powell, do you believe that he could do the same for SD?

Just a thought, but what do you think about the possibility of Duncan becoming the head coach at SD? He had some great years at Powell, do you believe that he could do the same for SD?

No way most people I talk too have lost a respect for Duncan, we really thought we were getting a knight on a white horse when he came here. But he doesn't support the community, or the Atheltic program. The only good sports program we have is the baseball team, and it was well established before he came, the other programs, he has managed to rip apart. If the Powell people want him back I'm sure SD people would be glad to help him clean out his office.