Ripley at Dyersburg

Bonestrojan

Honestly, When GC came to Dburg for the Jambo earlier this season and Dburg ran out and it seriously gave me chill bumps...If that does not get a team fired up to play I don't know what does...It's the best entrance into a stadium around here BY FAR!

thanks gc.......

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what the records are....YOU CAN"T EVER TAKE RIPLEY LIGHTLY...TOO MANY ATHLETES!.....They are like HAYWOOD COUNTY when it comes to reloading...not rebuilding....There problem has been COACHING!...Like I said before if James Counce or Darren Bowling had that bunch from Ripley or Haywood...THEY COULDN"T FIT ALL THE GOLD AND SILVER BALLS IN THE TROPHY CASE!.....But Counce had their Number and Bowling will too....

And the scary thing is... DYERSBURG ISN"T HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS.....I know Change takes time... And the formation that Caldwell and Taylor are running out of is different than what they have ran out of since Jr high.. Especially Caldwell...But from the LOOKS of last week...Looks like Caldwell is finally healthy...And "finding his way" in this offense....And that is what is scary...WHEN THEY FINALLY trust this offense and get it down...They will BE A MONSTER...Averaging over what 40 a game and AREN"T really got the "bugs" out of the offense yet?.....Man, if this bunch starts "peaking " about the 9 week.... LOOK OUT!....That is what happened to the 2005 team IMO...They peaked TOO EARLY and tapered off as the season was winding down...This bunch hasn't even "crested the hill" yet... It will be SCARY when they do!

My thoughts exactly. This team has a lot to learn and a short time to do it in but their getting better each week, so we will see. I would love to see better play out of our recievers. It seems if Rashad Taylor isn't on the other end of Parker's passes, you could forget it. I think that to be a championship team you must beat teams like Ripley and Haywood pretty handlely, and I feel that without the turnovers against Haywood we would have beaten them pretty handlely. The same goes for Ripley. If you guys haven't notice 7-3A has sent a team to the semis the last few years, and it wasn't a pretty expierence for any of them. Not just Dyersburg last year. There is a different level that I keep preaching about, and to get there Ripley shouldn't be as close as we think. I know its a rivalry, but I still expect a 21 point win. It's time to get to championship form boys. The next few weeks are crucial and if you win a few big, you will send a real message to the rest of TN.

I got

DHS - 42

Ripley 14

My thoughts exactly. This team has a lot to learn and a short time to do it in but their getting better each week, so we will see. I would love to see better play out of our recievers. It seems if Rashad Taylor isn't on the other end of Parker's passes, you could forget it. I think that to be a championship team you must beat teams like Ripley and Haywood pretty handlely, and I feel that without the turnovers against Haywood we would have beaten them pretty handlely. The same goes for Ripley. If you guys haven't notice 7-3A has sent a team to the semis the last few years, and it wasn't a pretty expierence for any of them. Not just Dyersburg last year. There is a different level that I keep preaching about, and to get there Ripley shouldn't be as close as we think. I know its a rivalry, but I still expect a 21 point win. It's time to get to championship form boys. The next few weeks are crucial and if you win a few big, you will send a real message to the rest of TN.

exactly. the DHS recievers need to show up bigtime especially PHYSICALLY or teams will take advantage of qb passes "BIGTIME" with numerous INT"S forcing the "D" in bad situations and taking away scoring opportunties. The Trojans continue to improve in the running game,but recievers need to step up and be a part of this team. GO TROJANS!

I do think Ripley is improved this year...I do not think they are nearly as good as Dyersburg...I just am calling it close due to the natural rivalry and I think Dyersburg may look past them...I do beleive the Trojans win it...maybe I'm wrong about it being close...just what I am expecting...

DHS 28 RIPLEY 7 . DHS couild have made it any no. of points but elected to play the 2nd,3rd teams in the 2nd half. Great showing TROJANS. Once again DHS "D" is definitely "BLACK WATCH"=Not only one TROJAN taclkes the ball,rather 5-6 if not more! Im also very PROUD of our "County Cousins"= the DC CHOCTAWS beat Haywood 14-9. Way to go Chocs! GO TROJANS ! GO CHOCTAWS!

dburgs defense held ripley to very few yards.....

dburgs offense put on a show in the first half with 28 points.....

but, in the second half, the trojan offense went flatt........... talked to some of the players after the game and they said that they just went south and kinda went through the motions.........

this game should have been 56-0........not a good showing for the trojan "o" in the second half...

but a win is a win...........

DHS 28 RIPLEY 7 . DHS couild have made it any no. of points but elected to play the 2nd,3rd teams in the 2nd half. Great showing TROJANS. Once again DHS "D" is definitely "BLACK WATCH"=Not only one TROJAN taclkes the ball,rather 5-6 if not more! Im also very PROUD of our "County Cousins"= the DC CHOCTAWS beat Haywood 14-9. Way to go Chocs! GO TROJANS ! GO CHOCTAWS!

Taylor , Cawldwell, and Parker played all 4 quarters , I was there . Good win DHS . Will's dad.

Dyersburg played NO reserves in this game. After having a great first half--28 points, 281 yards of offense, the zip just went away. The second half marked the first two consecutive quarters this year without a touchdown. Ripley rushed for 32 yards on 39 carries and had 14 plays for losses, sacks and tackles behind the line. Ripley connected on passes of 68 and 33 yards fior most of their offense on the night. Tyler Caldwell had about 125 yards on 6 carries and two TDs on runs of 43 and 53 yards. , Rashad Taylor was contained for most of the game but did score two TDs--10 yard run and a 16-yard pass from Logan Parker. Ripley forced Parker to keep the ball on the option and he had 104 yards on 16 carries. Dyersburg totaled over 300 yards of offense.

I second the congratulations to Dyer County---great win.

There were many subs that played "D" for the Trojans in the 2nd half,at times only 2-3 of the 1st team playing with them. GO TROJANS!

I DO AGREE DYERSBURGS STARTING D-END GOT HURT EARLY AND MCLIN AND MASON WERE IN MOST OF THE GAME AND BOTH OF THEM ARE BACK UPS. LETS MAKE NO EXCUSES THOUGH THE TROJANS CAME OUT FLAT IN THE SECOND HALF.

There were many subs that played "D" for the Trojans in the 2nd half,at times only 2-3 of the 1st team playing with them. GO TROJANS!

I DO AGREE DYERSBURGS STARTING D-END GOT HURT EARLY AND MCLIN AND MASON WERE IN MOST OF THE GAME AND BOTH OF THEM ARE BACK UPS. LETS MAKE NO EXCUSES THOUGH THE TROJANS CAME OUT FLAT IN THE SECOND HALF. Caldwell has got to grow up and block or the triple threat isn't there, i was impressed in Vick mclins play tonight. some one has lite a fire in him he looked awsome

I DO AGREE DYERSBURGS STARTING D-END GOT HURT EARLY AND MCLIN AND MASON WERE IN MOST OF THE GAME AND BOTH OF THEM ARE BACK UPS. LETS MAKE NO EXCUSES THOUGH THE TROJANS CAME OUT FLAT IN THE SECOND HALF. Caldwell has got to grow up and block or the triple threat isn't there, i was impressed in Vick mclins play tonight. some one has lite a fire in him he looked awsome

supposely posts on coacht helped McLin. now qb has to hit his targets n STOP being so antsy as he has plenty of time to make his thows. The Trojans were definely flat in 2nd half and MUST play 4 quarters .NO LET UP NOW YOUNG MEN OF DHS ! GO TROJANS!

Finally a Trojan that doesn't hate on DC haha