Region 2 (3A) Playoffs

BIGnSCARY

Outside of Carter's solid football team last year has a 1-3A #1 seed ever beaten a 2-3A #4 seed recently??????

Big Country, The last time a Region 1 #1 beat a Region 2#2 other than Carter last year was Seymour in 2003. I can not remember off the top of my head who they beat, but I remember being there, so I guess it happened...I have been wrong before though /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . I would like to see the Region 1 teams give the Region 2 teams better games come playoff time, it gets a little boring on both sides knowing that Claiborne or Gibbs or whoever is going to be beaten in ways unmentionable by whatever team they face from Region 2, but there just seems to be a huge step up between the regions. I would love to see the Region 1 teams improve to the point that games played between the two regions would be exciting to see, not slaughters.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUTSIDE OF THESE THREE REGION 2-3A DOESN'T MATTER!!!! Anderson Co. may be the final team but they'll exit whenever they play one of the "Big 3" from this region. The Mavericks may be able to beat the Region 1-3A Champions whoever that may be. What else is new?????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Outside of Carter's solid football team last year has a 1-3A #1 seed ever beaten a 2-3A #4 seed recently?????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Not since the early part of this decade something like 2000-01. This disparity between regions wasn't so pronounced a few years back. Rutledge and Seymour played in the quarters in 2000 with Region 1 winning three of the four first round games that year. It got to be even in 2001 and probably 2002 but after that it was Region 2 sweeping or winning 3 of four.

The order is going to be irrellivant, but we already know catholic and fulton will be in the #1 and #2 slots and i reallly believe anderson county has a good chance of upsetting AE this week, so i am hoping that AC does win and catholic wins against fulton so i can see AC and catholic play again because it was a great ballgame.

AC upset AE? AC dont have the weapons that AE has + its AE's homecoming!