AAU TRACK Sign Ups!!

Cleveland Express is holding sign ups at Bradley Central for the Cleveland Express Track Club- Practice begins Monday night at Bradley and will be every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 6:00p.m.

Larry Cotton is the Head coach!

The Association meet will be held on July 12, and 13th at Johnson City with the top 4 qualifiers advancing to the Nationals(Jr. Olympic Games) in Knoxville.

The cost is $60.00 and that will include aau card, uniform, and meet entry fees!

The youngest age group is primary-which is 8 and under- and the oldest age group is young men and womens(age 18)

I would like to know why AAU won't do something for the runners that would probably qualify for junior Olympics, but the ONLY weekend they can qualify is the national AAU basketball tourney. Can these athletes not go run in another association meet? Does anyone know the answer to this?

As you probably know, Tennessee is part of the Southeastern Association (also includes Alabama). According to AAU bylaws, an athlete is elibible to participate in the Association meet of any association that borders their home association. For a state such as TN that share so many borders, this opens up a world of possibilities. Just choose the associations that are near where you live, and check on their dates for their association meets. Most are posted on the AAU web site. You should be aware, however, that if you run in an association other than the Southeastern, you will need to go to both the association (place in top 4) and then the regional meets (place in top 4) to make it to the Junior Olympics. Athletes who place in the top 4 in the Southeastern Association meet don't have to go to a regional meet since the National meet is being held in the Southeastern Association's territory (Knoxville). Good luck in finding an appropriate date and I hope to see you in Knoxville.