Marion @ Cannon County

MCRoadWarrior

The GOOD....

good win. Regardless of how close it was or coulda/woulda/shoulda... it was still a win and that is a good thing.

good play call on the fake punt early in the game. Caught everyone off guard as Thompson picked up nice yardage.

good fans. Cannon County's fans were very friendly and very respectful... believe me... I was amongst enough of them.

good cheeseburgers! Had THREE of them!

good effort over all by the Warrior team... Totally dominated in every statistical category.

good officiating crew... don't get to say that too many times...

GREAT STUDENT SECTION for Cannon County... stood up the entire game, yelling their lungs out. And what else can be said about the 20 or so kids with painted bodies that kept running through the stands trying to get the crowd fired up? Good job guys....

The facilities left a lot to be desired for what I expected from a Class AA school with nearly 600 students. Coach Barger has done good things there and has the team moving in the right direction. The boosters need to step up to the plate and make renovations to the facilities to show him how much they appreciate the hard work that he has done...

I was sort of shocked at the facilities myself! Neither team had a place to go during half time. MC met behind our stands and CC met just outside the endzone off of the field.

The CC fans were great...but the PA announcer was rediculous. The play-by-play man is not supposed to be so over the top for or against a single team!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sort of shocked at the facilities myself! Neither team had a place to go during half time. MC met behind our stands and CC met just outside the endzone off of the field.

The CC fans were great...but the PA announcer was rediculous. The play-by-play man is not supposed to be so over the top for or against a single team!

Marion met in the grass behind visitor side bleachers. Cannon met in left field of the baseball field. Umpires met in 1st base dug-out on baseball field. I understand not wanting to walk back up that hill to the locker room... but what would have happened if it had been raining and cold? It does look as if there has been space cleared in the woods on the scoreboard end of the field to possibly have room to build a field house. That would be a good location for it. Maybe something is already in the works.... it did appear (from the outside and at a distance) to be a relatively new school. The field also appeared to be relatively new with new fencing and all.

As for the PA guy... he was not nearly as bad as "THE GREEN WAAALLLLLLL" guy at Notre Dame two years ago... The Cannon County guy did nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned. He is a PA announcer for a High School... not a "play-by-play" man. It's OK for him to have pride in his school and be a little biased in his presentation.....

As for the PA guy... he was not nearly as bad as "THE GREEN WAAALLLLLLL" guy at Notre Dame two years ago... The Cannon County guy did nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned. He is a PA announcer for a High School... not a "play-by-play" man. It's OK for him to have pride in his school and be a little biased in his presentation.....

I agree PG. He was just proud of his school and team. I see nothing wrong with the PA guy who favours the hometown team a little. Cannon fans seemed to react accordingly every time he complimented a good play by Cannon. He was also good at calling out big plays for the visiting team also in a respectful manner. I enjoyed my trip to Cannon and I hope this becomes an annual event. And one last thing for anyone going to play at Cannon. Let me recommend that you get there early and eat at DJs Steak and Pizza. Food and service was very good! Good luck Cannon on the rest of your season.

Marion Warriors its time to get ready for bledsoe!

I agree PG. He was just proud of his school and team. I see nothing wrong with the PA guy who favours the hometown team a little. Cannon fans seemed to react accordingly every time he complimented a good play by Cannon. He was also good at calling out big plays for the visiting team also in a respectful manner. I enjoyed my trip to Cannon and I hope this becomes an annual event. And one last thing for anyone going to play at Cannon. Let me recommend that you get there early and eat at DJs Steak and Pizza. Food and service was very good! Good luck Cannon on the rest of your season.

Marion Warriors its time to get ready for bledsoe!

I don't have a problem with favoring your team a little...but he was favoring too much and that was evident to many of us in the crowd. There were a lot of comments about that.

Here's what I came away with. This was a very big win for MCHS. Cannon County is a good team, look at their record. The losses were to Westmorland by 1 and York. We could have scored 2 more times but if that coach turns their QB loose, very good arm, and lets him throw insted of running up the middle they would have to. The coaches had a good game plan we ran when we should and threw when we should. The fake punt turned the game. You could see the boys on the sidelines get fired up after that and play with intensity the rest of the game. Great call coach. That said I wish they wouldn't pull #24 out when we need a couple of tough yards. He wants the endzone like his first kiss from a cheerleader. #10 had a good game. Threw some great passes and ran very well. The line did a fantastic job. I know it helped having #71 back but it seemed we had the boys in the right spots too. #14 decided he wanted to play last night and caught everything that came to him, although he caught one and wanted to see if he could make it from one sideline to the other without getting tackled, causing us to get flagged, costing us a 1st down and points. #45 had a great game. He is a big receiver with good hands and #10 loves to throw to him. His partner out there #30 must be trying to steal #10's girlfriend cause he won't throw to him at all. #24 needs to give #30 $10 for the blocks he threw for him all night, opening up that corner for some good runs. #30's man only made one tackle all night and that was late in the game on #10. Was that revenge? The DEFENCE played great, the only thing that hurt us was the motion sweep to #6 a couple of times. The line kept pressure on them and had them on 3rd and long all night. #20 made several tackles but that gives credit to the line for keeping the blockers off the L.B.s. Good to see #12 back. He will help alot. #32 had a good run for a much needed 1st down late in the game but I could have ran through that big ol' hole made by #60,#71 and #56. Great job line on both sides fo the ball. Go beat Bledsoe! IMO Nuff said

Old Pirate says congrats to jasper, sounds as if was a great game. OP is readying a fresh pack of popcorn to watch these boards next week. The 2 valley warrior teams will once again go toe - toe for bragging rights for "who" is the real warriors. OP has an opinion, but will let you guys settle that amonkst yourselves.

Like that little down home slain talk,do you. If not.............................get over it.