Marion @ Cannon County

MCRoadWarrior

I appreciate it Legend...I think that MC quite possibly has turned a corner and will be all right for the rest of the year. But, it will be a long trip home if we don't win tonight! I always drive better when we win...funny how that works!

After watching practice all week I believe the Warriors will be singing happy tunes all the way back to Jasper with a 2 touchdowns win over Cannon. Everyone have a safe trip to and from Woodbury.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Warriors have played better the last couple of weeks and I am looking for that to continue to get improve. If Marion plays 4 quarters of football to their potienial, I believe they could win this game by 3 tds. BUT we haven't put 4 quarters together all year, hopefully tonight will be that night! As for my pic, I will go with Marion by a TD. Good Luck Warriors and I hope that both teams play injury free.

And forgot one #56. . all confrence lineman in middle school played center just about his hole life all threw middle school all threw high school then the coaches decide to take his job away and give it to an under class man. . . to me thats retarded why take a player away from a position that he knows like the back of his hand and give it to someone else. . . and what the heck is up with 32 playin defensive tackle 5 foot nothin 100 pounds barely. . . . i watched in dis belief against tyner game 3 touch downs off of one side cause of this. . dont get me wrong we played like crap but still. . .to me thats bad coachin

I have thought the same thing many times but #56 was injured at the first of the year and has been getting more playing time lately. #32 will be a good player but he had very bad games against BIG 260lb linemen from Boyd and Tyner????? #67 and #60 sat out alot on def. those nights and we got ran over on that side. Seems to me you need big linemen to keep the O-line off the linebackers. Our D-line was getting pushed into the linebackers all night letting Boyd and Tyner gain hugh yardage on that side of the line. Also #32 has scored a couple of touchdowns running the ball but when we need a couple of tough yards give it to #24, he is a hard runner and can get some yards behind #70. Also I hope to see #10 spread the ball out more in the next couple of games. Forcing the ball to #45 aginst Whitwell twice got them 2 pick when he had #30 open for two td's had he checked down the field. #14 can get behind alot of db's but I think #10 has lost a little confidence in him due to a couple of dropped balls. #10 showed he can run the ball against Whitwell so if thats what we have to do lets do it and play our best. IMO.... Nuff said

I have thought the same thing many times but #56 was injured at the first of the year and has been getting more playing time lately. #32 will be a good player but he had very bad games against BIG 260lb linemen from Boyd and Tyner????? #67 and #60 sat out alot on def. those nights and we got ran over on that side. Seems to me you need big linemen to keep the O-line off the linebackers. Our D-line was getting pushed into the linebackers all night letting Boyd and Tyner gain hugh yardage on that side of the line. Also #32 has scored a couple of touchdowns running the ball but when we need a couple of tough yards give it to #24, he is a hard runner and can get some yards behind #70. Also I hope to see #10 spread the ball out more in the next couple of games. Forcing the ball to #45 aginst Whitwell twice got them 2 pick when he had #30 open for two td's had he checked down the field. #14 can get behind alot of db's but I think #10 has lost a little confidence in him due to a couple of dropped balls. #10 showed he can run the ball against Whitwell so if thats what we have to do lets do it and play our best. IMO.... Nuff said

You must remember that the second pick was a batted ball by a lineman and #45 had been almost tackled by the DB...not much can be done about those. I do believe that #30 can be a special receiver, but we have to continue getting the QB plenty of time to scan the field before he throws. He has been overly pressured for most of the time for two years now!! Once he gets time to scan the field on a consistent basis, those receivers will all get more receptions!!

MC by 10 against Cannon

At least we have something to look back on like STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS instead of some dumb statue for beating Sequatchie County. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Halftime

Marion County 13

Cannon County 7

Marion looks to finally be turning the corner. Many players stepped up and played well tonight. We still have to improve our play selection in the red zone and find a way to score. We could have easily scored 3 more tds. All in all good job Warriors. Now lets get ready for Bledsoe!

I couldn't agree more MCROAD. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> We could/should have had 2-3 more TD's. we will have to cash in on all of these opportunities for the next 3 weeks to be able to keep rolling. We will have a big test next friday against the wannabe Warriors. They looked pretty good last week against Boyd from what I understand. Good Luck Boys for the rest of the year! Keep on rolling. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I couldn't agree more MCROAD. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> We could/should have had 2-3 more TD's. we will have to cash in on all of these opportunities for the next 3 weeks to be able to keep rolling. We will have a big test next friday against the wannabe Warriors. They looked pretty good last week against Boyd from what I understand. Good Luck Boys for the rest of the year! Keep on rolling. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree completely!!! It's like the coaching staff forgets that we are playing football once we get inside the 20s. The play calling is awful!! There was even several instances where we pulled key players out in those situations...uncanny!!!!!

Also, can we all agree that when we are deep in our territory and it is 4th and 5...let's not burn a time out while trying to draw the other team offsides!!! Either have the offense line up quick and try with the punt team ready to come in and get the punt off inside the play clock (which I admit would take a lot of practice to perfect)...or let's just get the punt team out there and QUIT BURNING TIME-OUTS NEEDLESSLY!!!!

The GOOD....

good win. Regardless of how close it was or coulda/woulda/shoulda... it was still a win and that is a good thing.

good play call on the fake punt early in the game. Caught everyone off guard as Thompson picked up nice yardage.

good fans. Cannon County's fans were very friendly and very respectful... believe me... I was amongst enough of them.

good cheeseburgers! Had THREE of them!

good effort over all by the Warrior team... Totally dominated in every statistical category.

good officiating crew... don't get to say that too many times...

GREAT STUDENT SECTION for Cannon County... stood up the entire game, yelling their lungs out. And what else can be said about the 20 or so kids with painted bodies that kept running through the stands trying to get the crowd fired up? Good job guys....

The facilities left a lot to be desired for what I expected from a Class AA school with nearly 600 students. Coach Barger has done good things there and has the team moving in the right direction. The boosters need to step up to the plate and make renovations to the facilities to show him how much they appreciate the hard work that he has done...