How Far Will Alvin C. York Institue GO ?!?!?!?!?!?

theflying18

1. York

2. Westmoreland

3. Cannon or Smith Co.

4. Cannon or Smith Co.

5. Upperman

6. Jackson

This is my opinion to this point after Westmoreland was beaten by York by 5 points. The same York team beat Smith Co. by 14. I think Westmoreland upends Smith Co. then Cannon Co. comes into the Smith Co. game sky high and surprises the owls after they have the big let down in the Westmoreland game.

Because York is obviously the same team at Westmoreland as they are in Jamestown. By the same logic you could say that Smith Co. defeated the same Gordonsville team by 18 (@ G-town no less) that defeated Westmoreland by 13 at Westmoreland. As Antwan often says, comparative scores don't mean much.

That being said, I believe both Westmoreland and Cannon Co. are capable of giving SC good games. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

On the topic of York, they should make it further than they did last season. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

1. York

2. Westmoreland

3. Cannon or Smith Co.

4. Cannon or Smith Co.

5. Upperman

6. Jackson

This is my opinion to this point after Westmoreland was beaten by York by 5 points. The same York team beat Smith Co. by 14. I think Westmoreland upends Smith Co. then Cannon Co. comes into the Smith Co. game sky high and surprises the owls after they have the big let down in the Westmoreland game.

Well...this makes a lot of sense.....We beat them by?? They beat you by?? So we should beat you by...

Stampus Lickus ,,,if you are going to use York as a measuring stick.......factor in DCA (although it was just a scrimmage) factor in Macon Co. factor in G-villeand factor in Upperman. Lets see.....SC beat MC 27-0.(+ 27) West. beat MC 20-14 in OT. (+ 6 Minus 2 for overtime =+4) SC beat Upper 21-6 (+ 15) West. beat Upper.35-21 (+14) SC beat GV 35-13 (+ 22) West got beat by GV 26-13 (-13)

Using your logic SC should beat Wetmoland 74-15.......Now I don't think that will happen.... I do think SC wins...by how much...depends on which SC and Wetmoland teams show up.

York wins the first playoff game, after that???????

As you all know this year york institute has a 6-0 record and 1st in their region.they have a reeally stromg defense put ababt 8 to 9 in the box. They are stron in the trenches and ARE VERY HARD HITTERS. These boys are playin moutain football.There offensiv is strong with running backs running hard and strong. There Quarterback is very good when you need the runn he will run. When you need the pass he will pass. There second string defense is strong holding SC on the one yard line. SO ROLL ON DRAGONS....its football time on the mountain .... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> GI PURPLE N GOLD

I'll tell u how far, till they meat SC again. Whats all this talk about "moutain football"? Is that slang for dirty football???

We played LL up there a few weeks ago and that was the dirtiest mouthed 10 year olds I have ever seen and sore looser too.

They cursed, punched, stepped on, and held our boys throughout the game. They finely got a flag after a Ref heard them cursing.I can't imagine what the high school try to get by with. They may play dirty next time but I say the Owls will give them a bath. O and I seen a photo of York TD pass in the endzone he miss it the photo shows the ball being trapped not caught. BAD CALL REF...!!!

How far will York go in the playoffs?

Depends somewhat on seeding. If they get home playoff games York could go fairly deep into the playoff. If it is a bad draw and York has to travel, it could end somewhat soon. I will assume that York will at least get an opening round home game, so I think the second round should be a reasonable expectation. After the brackets are announced everyone will have much more "fodder" to discuss.

Go York

I'll tell u how far, till they meat SC again. Whats all this talk about "moutain football"? Is that slang for dirty football???

We played LL up there a few weeks ago and that was the dirtiest mouthed 10 year olds I have ever seen and sore looser too.

They cursed, punched, stepped on, and held our boys throughout the game. They finely got a flag after a Ref heard them cursing.I can't imagine what the high school try to get by with. They may play dirty next time but I say the Owls will give them a bath. O and I seen a photo of York TD pass in the endzone he miss it the photo shows the ball being trapped not caught. BAD CALL REF...!!!

Everyone is always talking about how dirty York plays but sorry to inform you every team I have ever played plays dirty as well as Smith Co.; York is just not as stealthy about it and if York meets or as you like to say meats Smith Co. again in the playoffs York will beat them for real this time so that way Smith can feel better knowing that they actually loss.

Guest Termite

Everyone is always talking about how dirty York plays but sorry to inform you every team I have ever played plays dirty as well as Smith Co.; York is just not as stealthy about it and if York meets or as you like to say meats Smith Co. again in the playoffs York will beat them for real this time so that way Smith can feel better knowing that they actually loss.

" ever team I have ever played"??? Somehow "sunshine" and dirty play don't go together...

What does "beat them for real" mean? Does that mean the last time was fake????

Sunshine called it a FLUKE in the other forum!!!

In the other forum the fluke was the livingston game from last year we were talking about and the for real part was said because everyone keeps saying we didn't really beat Smith so that means York would beat Smith so bad this time there would not be any excuses for Smith to make.

In the other forum the fluke was the livingston game from last year we were talking about and the for real part was said because everyone keeps saying we didn't really beat Smith so that means York would beat Smith so bad this time there would not be any excuses for Smith to make.

So if someone beats Alvin Simon and Theador Institue its a Fluke!!! Right??? It has nothing to do with the other team??? I have never said Yorkies beating the Owls was a fluke, nor will I ever. The Yorkies punched us in the mouth the entire game. I give this years team credit!!!

I'm not really sure what you people from York were watching when Smith County came to town. Yes York did do a good job shutting down our run....Ok thats it. I believe now I will talk about the 42 tackles missed by the smith county D, the passes that were, oh maybe 10 yards away from SC's nearest receiver,and just the poor effort given by the whole team,coaches included. I give credit where credit is due,York is one of the better teams in 2A but,If SC makes only half their tackles they are easily region champs. Face it, SC just had a really bad game, and we all seen what happened after their really bad game at Westmoreland last year.

With that said York better hope they get beat before they meet SC in the playoffs that way they don't have to come up with good excuses on how they got put out.

I'm not really sure what you people from York were watching when Smith County came to town. Yes York did do a good job shutting down our run....Ok thats it. I believe now I will talk about the 42 tackles missed by the smith county D, the passes that were, oh maybe 10 yards away from SC's nearest receiver,and just the poor effort given by the whole team,coaches included. I give credit where credit is due,York is one of the better teams in 2A but,If SC makes only half their tackles they are easily region champs. Face it, SC just had a really bad game, and we all seen what happened after their really bad game at Westmoreland last year.

With that said York better hope they get beat before they meet SC in the playoffs that way they don't have to come up with good excuses on how they got put out.

I think both teams had better worry about now rather than what MAY happen in the playoffs. There is no guarantee YAI and SC will even be in the same quadrant. Both would have tough games to even get back to play again. Let's worry about the two tough region games left for SC.

I think both teams had better worry about now rather than what MAY happen in the playoffs. There is no guarantee YAI and SC will even be in the same quadrant. Both would have tough games to even get back to play again. Let's worry about the two tough region games left for SC.

I agree completly Antwan, the two Region games we have left are no push over, just tryin to point out that this big powerhouse team they think they have up there on "the mountain" isn't as good as they are being made out to be.They will likely win the region but the new playoff system could be brutal to all the top teams.