How Far Will Alvin C. York Institue GO ?!?!?!?!?!?

theflying18

Well...this makes a lot of sense.....We beat them by?? They beat you by?? So we should beat you by...

Stampus Lickus ,,,if you are going to use York as a measuring stick.......factor in DCA (although it was just a scrimmage) factor in Macon Co. factor in G-villeand factor in Upperman. Lets see.....SC beat MC 27-0.(+ 27) West. beat MC 20-14 in OT. (+ 6 Minus 2 for overtime =+4) SC beat Upper 21-6 (+ 15) West. beat Upper.35-21 (+14) SC beat GV 35-13 (+ 22) West got beat by GV 26-13 (-13)

Using your logic SC should beat Wetmoland 74-15.......Now I don't think that will happen.... I do think SC wins...by how much...depends on which SC and Wetmoland teams show up.

York wins the first playoff game, after that???????

Don't forget to add 2 points to the Westy / MC game for the officials! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell u how far, till they meat SC again. Whats all this talk about "moutain football"? Is that slang for dirty football???

We played LL up there a few weeks ago and that was the dirtiest mouthed 10 year olds I have ever seen and sore looser too.

They cursed, punched, stepped on, and held our boys throughout the game. They finely got a flag after a Ref heard them cursing.I can't imagine what the high school try to get by with. They may play dirty next time but I say the Owls will give them a bath. O and I seen a photo of York TD pass in the endzone he miss it the photo shows the ball being trapped not caught. BAD CALL REF...!!!

Send me the pic? Not that it matters anyway because they lost by 14 /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I would like to see the pic though.

Thanks.

I agree completly Antwan, the two Region games we have left are no push over, just tryin to point out that this big powerhouse team they think they have up there on "the mountain" isn't as good as they are being made out to be.They will likely win the region but the new playoff system could be brutal to all the top teams.

So York isn't as good as "they" say?!?! Even though they beat SC (and every other opponent thus far)?!?! I'm not following you here?!?!?

Even if York doesn't do so well in the playoffs (they will do just fine) they still WIN the Region. Sorry that SC can't say that. (although I think they are a good team too).

GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

If the playoff format was like it was last year, York would PROBABLY make it to the 3rd round, and could potentially make it to the 4th round, but Alcoa would await there. Enough said. No need to even talk about playoffs at this point though. 1) No one has seen how the TSSAA will make this thing work. 2) There are still region games on the schedule for York. The playoffs in Week 6 should be the last thing on their minds.

What could potentially hurt YAI is the cupcake schedule that they have played all year, and especially the last four games. Will non-region foes like Coalfield, Monterey, Cumberland County, and Marion County get them ready for the 2A playoffs???

If the playoff format was like it was last year, York would PROBABLY make it to the 3rd round, and could potentially make it to the 4th round, but Alcoa would await there. Enough said. No need to even talk about playoffs at this point though. 1) No one has seen how the TSSAA will make this thing work. 2) There are still region games on the schedule for York. The playoffs in Week 6 should be the last thing on their minds.

What could potentially hurt YAI is the cupcake schedule that they have played all year, and especially the last four games. Will non-region foes like Coalfield, Monterey, Cumberland County, and Marion County get them ready for the 2A playoffs???

Didn't Monterey beat FCS?

GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

So York isn't as good as "they" say?!?! Even though they beat SC (and every other opponent thus far)?!?! I'm not following you here?!?!?

Even if York doesn't do so well in the playoffs (they will do just fine) they still WIN the Region. Sorry that SC can't say that. (although I think they are a good team too).

"Still win the region"? who forfeited? You guys got more football to play don't you? Ya' still gotta play Jackson Co. & Upperman in the region. Should York win both? Yea but..........they still gotta turn the lights on Friday night to see what happens.

Even if York of Smith County either one doesn't do well in the playoffs it won't be because they are not a good teams,I'm just gonna point out that neither of these teams,aside from playing each other really get prepared for the playoffs by any other team rather than maybe Westmoreland,not saying SC should overlook MO or CC b/c they have to make the playoffs first but that is why I say York is not as good as "They" make them out to be.The record looks good and yes they will likely be region champs but ultimately that isn't the title everyone is fighting for,we all know that road goes through Alcoa or Goodpasture. And playing teams like Jackson County really doesnt prepare a team for that.

Even if York of Smith County either one doesn't do well in the playoffs it won't be because they are not a good teams,I'm just gonna point out that neither of these teams,aside from playing each other really get prepared for the playoffs by any other team rather than maybe Westmoreland,not saying SC should overlook MO or CC b/c they have to make the playoffs first but that is why I say York is not as good as "They" make them out to be.The record looks good and yes they will likely be region champs but ultimately that isn't the title everyone is fighting for,we all know that road goes through Alcoa or Goodpasture. And playing teams like Jackson County really doesnt prepare a team for that.

Your exactly right SCP1999, neither team has a monster schedule. You have to play your region teams but you would think that you would want to schedule teams that would prepare you for the 2nd season. Maybe not, I don't know. Winning all your regular season games might just be good enough for some programs.

No team on here should be talking about the playoffs untill they play there last game of the season... as we all know some teams get better as the season goes on and some dont. You also have to consider if any of your big playmakers get hurt. Nobody knows whats going to happen on game night. Any team could win..

but i will say this since we have been on the topic on smith co and york. i will say no matter how many times they play the result could be different but both teams are really good and either one could pull out a win in the playoffs it just comes down to which team forces more turnovers and plays harder that night.

No team on here should be talking about the playoffs untill they play there last game of the season... as we all know some teams get better as the season goes on and some dont. You also have to consider if any of your big playmakers get hurt. Nobody knows whats going to happen on game night. Any team could win..

but i will say this since we have been on the topic on smith co and york. i will say no matter how many times they play the result could be different but both teams are really good and either one could pull out a win in the playoffs it just comes down to which team forces more turnovers and plays harder that night.

I agree 100%!! Nicely put tubbie.

Everyone is always talking about how dirty York plays but sorry to inform you every team I have ever played plays dirty as well as Smith Co.; York is just not as stealthy about it and if York meets or as you like to say meats Smith Co. again in the playoffs York will beat them for real this time so that way Smith can feel better knowing that they actually loss.

loss????? or loose???

" ever team I have ever played"??? Somehow "sunshine" and dirty play don't go together... What does "beat them for real" mean? Does that mean the last time was fake????

yes it dose.